It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fable a classic with a theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't know how many remember the original Fable for Xbox I think then remade for 360. I think they are currently making IV for next gen. In it you are a legendary hero , a young kid who was trained after being orphaned by the guild then he sets out on his life as a hero or villain , your choice. If you make moral decision s your appearance reflects that you get angel wings and a halo, but if you make bad decisions your clothes look darker you look dirty and eyes glow red and flies follow you.

I played this game years ago ,and just went through beginning on 360. I played as villian years ago. Games I just like to mess around and be bad. It's just a game. So I had to do every choice evil, see some wandering adventurers Rob and kill them. Lol. I would start looking like a good guy if didn't. Something about taboo, well I know I am not supposed too but what the he**.

Anyway after I played this game it changed my outlook on things. Always try to do what's right, every decision. I don't have that many choices that are of importance. I am getting a credit card in mail this week I could hide it from dad 400 credit line go to GameStop . I am supposed to give to dad so he could get car on road. I could keep it for myself but will probably do right thing. Daily decision s are my dad can't hear TV wants me tell him what they say, I get frustrated sometimes. Nothing too big he talks all day and sometimes i am on phone and yell than feel bad and apologize .

This whole moral code I think what religion was getting at. While we are here. Code of conduct. I am still learning about or making up my mind what to think, but angels and demons and the devil are figures or symbols. I mean worry about life on earth right now, be good. Don't think the devil is going to kick your a** if you cheat on your wife or get put into hellish torment or psychological. Just relax and deal with what we can now , put best foot forward. I try to study Christianity I wanted to study all religions but didn't get around to it. I think the message of do unto others as you would like done to you or love thy neighbor might have been blurred or not seen by most people today. I am just guessing here lots of religious in high school or psych wards or program or community just people being people.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I played Fable also and I get what you mean about picking good or evil. When I do something bad some of the time I think to myself "why am I being such a jerk?" or something. I definitely pick good in real life but it is always fun to pick bad in games sometimes. When your not really hurting real people messing with people is fun.

To be good all the time in real life is surprisingly hard so I tip my hat to those that are successful at being good all the time. In reality nobody is perfect, nobody.. even if they claim it.

Fable is a great and unique series that I enjoyed back in the day. Thanks for the trip down memories lane.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I still play the Lost Chapters and jam right through it. It seems that the only way to get all the goodies is to start out evil and once you get all the evil goodies, become good and you get the rest of the stuff, get your halo and the NPCs love you again. You have to marry the Mayor of Bowerstone or you can't get that silver key in her bedroom to get all the keys for that 30 key treasure chest with all the good stuff in it.

new topics

join