It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Can Win a War Against the U.S. with Help From Syria & the DPRK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Actually it is Co-ordinated response to America's pre-emptive strike on the world starting after WWII with korea spreading throughout S.E. Asia, S. America, the M.E. and other regions of the globe.

what? explain what youre talking about..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
China also has nothing to be gained by US troops and B-2's on the edge of the Yalu.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

China also has nothing to be gained by US troops and B-2's on the edge of the Yalu.

What's worse for China, having American troops nearby (they already are), or having your economy crash, and the image of your nation set back a few decades?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think what is most likely to happen, is that as soon as America and/or Israel gives the orders for air raids on Iran, the first response Iran will have, is to use chemical, biological or nuclear missiles on Israel and basically destroy it. It will not allow US to destroy it's missile capability, for that is it's most powerful asset and it's only defence against US and Israel.

And OOPS, Iran attacking first is what US wants and what it's allies want. That is why US is provoking it and threatening it. That will mobilise public support and international support. It won't happen, I am sure Iran knows better.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I think what is most likely to happen, is that as soon as America and/or Israel gives the orders for air raids on Iran, the first response Iran will have, is to use chemical, biological or nuclear missiles on Israel and basically destroy it. It will not allow US to destroy it's missile capability, for that is it's most powerful asset and it's only defence against US and Israel.

Iran doesn't have nukes, and if they used them, you'd see America and Israel unleash their far larger nuclear arsenals. And wihle Iran may have biological and chemical weapons, the same applies if they use them.

The last thing any nation should want to do is give America an excuse to use its full force on them.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
north korea, iran and syria cant hold the air or sea against us so as long as we have these under control we can maintain troop, weapon and supply movement and in a war of such scale would bring harsher tactics that havent been seen since ww2, guerilla war would not be effective at all and would be countered by special forces using brutal tactics that make iraq look like a happy place, these places would see a full mobilisation, not some 10% or 20% production increase like iraq, they would regret starting such a war, our military budget would sky rocket to the trillions, noone can match us in spending, imagine 2 million soldiers with all modern weapons, we could easily have an army as big as chinas army if we needed it.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Iran doesn't have nukes, and if they used them, you'd see America and Israel unleash their far larger nuclear arsenals. And wihle Iran may have biological and chemical weapons, the same applies if they use them.

The last thing any nation should want to do is give America an excuse to use its full force on them.

Well, yes of course and Iran knows this, however it's chemical, biological and possibly nuclear weapons, are it's only defence and effective offense against US and Israel, and I seriously doubt that Iran is prepared to lose this ability.

I am sure the NBC equation is what is keeping the US and Israel at bay at this moment. Yes, Israel will be destroyed; yes Iran wll be destroyed. That is what this war is about, isn't it, destruction for the sake of it. Well, that is what is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

And OOPS, Iran attacking first is what US wants and what it's allies want. That is why US is provoking it and threatening it. That will mobilise public support and international support. It won't happen, I am sure Iran knows better.

our militaries stated policy against chem/bio attack on us or an ally is to use nuclear weapons, no warnings, just strikes so youre quite mistaken on this statement.

not really, being on the defensive in war is very bad and the worst tactical mistake you can make, our military isnt stupid enough to purposely risk our troops like that, and the US isnt provoking them, merely warning them that we will strike before letting them threaten us.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_ChildWell, yes of course and Iran knows this, however it's chemical, biological and possibly nuclear weapons, are it's only defence and effective offense against US and Israel, and I seriously doubt that Iran is prepared to lose this ability..

and israel? lol israel cant defeat iran head on, are you joking? iran is 90% larger than israel, iran needs no nukes to defeat israel.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer

What's worse for China, having American troops nearby (they already are), or having your economy crash, and the image of your nation set back a few decades?

No, having a land base on the eastern side is far more dangerous then say Japan or even Taiwan. It would allow munitions and supplies to be delivered into safe territories, for example, delivering stuff to the Iraqi airport is still relatively dangerous compaired to delivering to Kuwait.

China would never allow US troops in North Korea, China would rather instill it's own government over DPRK then to allow US troops.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by Indigo_ChildWell, yes of course and Iran knows this, however it's chemical, biological and possibly nuclear weapons, are it's only defence and effective offense against US and Israel, and I seriously doubt that Iran is prepared to lose this ability..

and israel? lol israel cant defeat iran head on, are you joking? iran is 90% larger than israel, iran needs no nukes to defeat israel.

Israel can defeat Iran, but then what?

The last thing Israel needs is to inflame the tensions of other moderate Muslim nations by launching a pre-emptive strike.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Well, yes of course and Iran knows this, however it's chemical, biological and possibly nuclear weapons, are it's only defence and effective offense against US and Israel, and I seriously doubt that Iran is prepared to lose this ability.

Iran won't lose the ability. It's always a good bluff that can stare the enemy. It has no real military use, though.

Iran gains more from keeping America from using these weapons then using them themselves.

I am sure the NBC equation is what is keeping the US and Israel at bay at this moment. Yes, Israel will be destroyed; yes Iran wll be destroyed. That is what this war is about, isn't it, destruction for the sake of it. Well, that is what is going to happen.

America hasn't invaded Iran for the same reason we haven't invaded them the past few decades. There's no use. We're counting on the government to be overthrown, or to be reformed. One of these is inevitable.

America, in spite of popular belief, is not an Empire. Our goal is not world domination.

Israel has faced the ENTIRE Middle East head on before. Facing just Iran or Syria, or even both is hardly out of the question. Iran could never actually deploy a fraction of their forces to fight Israel.

No, having a land base on the eastern side is far more dangerous then say Japan or even Taiwan. It would allow munitions and supplies to be delivered into safe territories, for example, delivering stuff to the Iraqi airport is still relatively dangerous compaired to delivering to Kuwait.

China would never allow US troops in North Korea, China would rather instill it's own government over DPRK then to allow US troops.

Security is barely an issue for any major nation these days. The threat from America's military on any large nation, even third world hellholes, is pretty small. War is simply out of style.

China would lose far too much from opposing America compared to the small threat of having American troops nearby. If they screw with America right now, we can destroy their economy. If we mess with them, they kind of just have to take it for the time being. That's the way the world is right now. China is not playing a short term game here, and there's no way they'd risk confrontation with America at this time.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
North Korea wouldn't be able to do anything for Syria and Iran in the event of an all-out war. We'd have the whole country quarantened and nothing would get out of there and make it to Syria or Iran. Furthermore, if North Korea really feels that we're going to invade them they would not be foolish enough to ship out ANY of their weapons that could be used to defend themselves.

The fact of the matter is, America is not stupid enough to fall into this trap that you assume would happen. And if Syria and Iran did launch the first strike, you're forgetting the allies that would aid us if we were attacked first, ie: Israel, Great Britain, Australia, Japan, etc.

Such fruitfal thinking on your part...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
At the risk of getting scolded, this gets personal.OOPs has advocated murder, terrorism, wiping countries off the map and claims that he's a republican in China.
I love the freedom of expression these forums provide, but what he puts out is not thoughtful perspective or even a disaffected rant, but pure hatred.
He is obviously either mentally disturbed or a provocatour, or both, but I for one am glad ATS has an ignore button, so I don't have to read his sick posts anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not a chance. The US military is so big and well equipped it's scary. Best they could possibly hope for is a guerilla war that lasted long enough and killed enough soldiers for the people of the US to demand that they be brought home. If the American public was convinced the war had to be won no matter the cost then there is no way that alliance could have any sort of victory.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Trent]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
OOPS,

You must count to ten and Relax.

You should not wish destruction of others for it is not right. Preech Peace and relax.

Evil begets Evil.

A Classic example is your posts in this thread:

They are negative and are begeting negative responses.

-Reason

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OOps, he did make a mistake. But what good is it to counter a mistake with a mistake? The U.S. didn't exactly fight two fronts in World War 2. They attacked Japan first, then Germany. The Russia, France did a bit more than the U.S. The Russia had to uprise itself but they did their part. Hitler didn't really expect to win anyway. He was questioned about what if the U.S. and French get involved. I forgot his response but his troops felt he had a weapon of nuclear nature. Germany fell because their army was stretched too thin in occupying all of the defeated nations. Their army was about parallel with Iran today if not weaker. They were certainly stronger than Syria but not 1/3 as strong as North Korea. Iran is stronger as they have more Surface to surface missiles and a numerically equal amount of troops. But Iran is far stronger as they have a healthy economy based on oil. Germany simply fooled and outmanned their neighbors. Poland? Come on. Russia was the only defeated nation of strength and they were fooled. Not only that, but Iran have a few nukes and satellites, satellite jammers and a far more proven effective navy than Germany. North Korea and Syria would not get involved if the U.S. attacks Iran. Syria's military is so weak they would simply get bombed to death. Or, the U.S. would permit Israel to take care of Syria. Syria simply has no chance. The North Koreans have their own problems and may not see Iran's military as being strong enough to provide North Korea with an opportunity of attack. They certainly will not attack to help the Iranians. You muslims have to learn to defend yourselves. Allah isn't going to do it, the U.S.S.R. isn't going to do it and North Korea cetainly isn't. Iran should have played it smart and modernized their military and atleast have ONE ally in the region. It's their own fault.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
Uh...yeah...sure...

Have you ever had high school history? I don't know, but there was a little conflict about, oh, 65 years ago called WORLD WAR 2. If i'm not mistaken, the United States of America fought massive OFFENSIVE wars on two fronts against the Nazi's and the Japanese. These nations were a lot more powerful than North Korea, Iran, or Syria. Sure, we had the allies, but they were losing the war until we came in and saved their asses (coughFRANCEcough haha). Adolf Hitler had arguably the greatest conventional war machine in history, and we defeated him. Now do you honestly think that NK, Iran and Syria could even coexist to coordinate SUCCESSFUL attacks on US troop positions? Serioiusly! Think about this! Sure, they could throw a nuke at us somewhere, but for what? To be incinerated? Besides, we woudln't be fighting the war alone, either. Austrailia, Great Britain, and South Korea would be our key allies. There's no way in hell Syria, Iran, and NK could defeat the USA in a war. It wouldn't be possible.

And you think that in the event of an enormous war like this, that America would economically dwindle? Once again, i'll point to WW2. During wartime, American patriots take pride in doing whatever they can for the war effort. Our economy is HELPED by war.

And if you think America will EVER lose "MORALLY", you are an imbecile. Those bastards took out the WTC and the pentagon in 2001 and, although we were shaken, we did not lose any morals. If anything, we gained morals. THe majority of Americans truly believe in our system. It's tried and true for 230 years my friend.

You know, if you're jealous of the American way, you could always move here. We are a nation of immigrants. We are the most powerful nation in the world. Thank you, and next time how about you think before you post?!

U should take some history lessons, if the germans werent fighting the russians you would have seen some serious yankee-beating.

The only thing the americans had was resources and manpower.

technogically and millitarally they were inferior to the germans.(The germans were alot furter in the development of the A-Bomb)
Its pathetic how litlle you americans know about history besides of the the nationalistic propanda bull# they learn you at school.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The U.S. didn't exactly fight two fronts in World War 2. They attacked Japan first, then Germany.

No we didn't. We were fighting both at once. We started the fighting against both just two months apart.

The Russia, France did a bit more than the U.S.

France fell in three weeks. They did little to nothing.

Hitler didn't really expect to win anyway.

Yea...he never meant any of that stuff about a 1000 year Reich...

Your post just seems to get worse as you go on. Germany was the most technologically advanced military in the world by a good margin. They had by far the best trained troops. They had the superior tactics for much of the war.

There is absolutely no comparing Nazi Germany to Syria, Iran or North Korea.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't think your entirely correct either... the German nuclear weapon program for example but that's not what i wish to adress. It's your claim that they get mis-information from their history books that i wish to adress. I think you will find most mis-information comes not from history books but from movies and books that tell stories about the wars but are not proper documentries or history books. Most American history books i have seen are quite accurate and generally aren't biased.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Trent]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join