It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's biggest telescope detects more than 100 'mysterious' radio signals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... cope-detects-mysterious-radio-signals-three-BILLION-light-years-away.html?fbclid=IwAR2aVNgrQo8Ufsayz5FvXweo9oAKgetkpOdyjNHQJblzdzdZNVrQUCHT0VA

These signals are so-called fast radio bursts whose origins are as of yet unknown Each burst lasts only for milliseconds and must come from a high-energy source China's FAST telescope has been studying a known and active source of bursts Learning more about the nature of these pulses may reveal how they are made

Didnt know china had such a good radio telescope, id never heard of the FAST observatory before.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
China is new to the game.
A lot they find will be "mysterious"

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

It is not “fully operational” and the Great Communist Government has to review the goals and results (expected by the end of the month). They also get final say on which experiments are run.

In the lead up to transition to an observatory, they are capturing FRB (Fast Radio Bursts) which are following the signature of the neutron star merger so they can now “see” how often this happens.

With this and JWST coming online, we are on the precipice of discoveries only dreamt of before!

edit on 9-9-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Verbs are your friends!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

If China is getting into the game it's going to be very interesting indeed. They don't tend to spend money on things unless they can see a use for the results they get.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I bet some of their own flawed steel and circuit boards were (accidentally) used in the construction, LOL.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
..and the messages were in Chinese..

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Didnt know china had such a good radio telescope, id never heard of the FAST observatory before.

It's the world's largest single-dish radio telescope. The only downside, it's Made In China.

I bet the those radio bursts are broadcasting this:
“I proclaim the Games of Berlin, celebrating the eleventh Olympiad of the modern era, to be open."

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The engineers are pleading that this radio telescope be used for the international community. USA, CISRO (Aus), and a few others, have assisted already.

I wonder if they would allow a VLBA to be set up where the ground station(s) are virtually linked with satellite radio telescopes to create a virtual apperature telescope larger than Earth! Add in South Africa’s MeerKAT and the Square Kilometer Array in Australia... with Jansky VLA... and satellites...

*poof*

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe it's from all the tourist cell phones?

Local government efforts to develop a tourist industry around the telescope are causing some concern among astronomers worried about nearby mobile telephones acting as sources of RFI.[27] A projected 10 million tourists in 2017 will force officials to decide on the scientific mission versus the economic benefits of tourism.[28]

Wiki

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

After all, the telescope was made in China....

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Lol, the replies are funny and rightfully so.

Regardless of peoples perception, china did this to themselves and have foever painted themselves as the cheap alternative that breaks down easily.

Nothing is special about china or its ambitions.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'll publicly post this here, because when I talk about it elsewhere I don't get the proper attention.

I was decoding intelligent information from the signal FRB121102. I tried working with the US, SETI, Berkeley, etc...

They "weren't interested".

I turned over some of my decode information to both Russia and China.

China is now focusing a lot of internal resources on FRB121102.

US, if you want me to stop giving decoded information from FRB121102 to China, you have to talk to me. Elsewise, I have given them enough info about the header and encoding, they will decode the full FRB121102 messages, maybe before you do.

If no one is acknowledging FRB121102 as First Contact, then me giving this information to China is no big deal, right?

Rock and a hard place, I know.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Okay aliens, here's a tip, don't mention Tianenmen in your broadcasts or China will immediately block you and then start building ARC's (Alien reeducation Camps) to put you all in.
Probably also build a few artificial planets around you and claim that they have been a spacefaring nation for thousands of years and that all space within 8 light years of Andromeda belongs to them. And don't even think about visiting Earth without filing your flight plan first.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

China is new to the game. A lot they find will be "mysterious"

There is also a level of transparency in areas that often kept quiet by the likes of NASA and the rest of the information wall.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Regardless of peoples perception, china did this to themselves and have foever painted themselves as the cheap alternative that breaks down easily.

Its cheap because you dont pay a lot for it. Like most things you get what you pay for.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Your post is funny but I do not believe the Chinese government is sloppy on things like this.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"This next dedication goes out to a sentient cloud of ammonia vapor on Proxima Centari a with a broken heart. Coming in at number 64 on our Galactic Top 100, here's Air Supply with "All Out of Love." -- Alien Casey Kasem

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Ok, Ill bite. Whatcha got? Im interested to see this decoded intelligent information from the FSB

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It looks like tony hawks wet dream.

top topics

join