It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" Laws?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I am speaking for myself and no other...My place is in the kitchen
and I do need to spend more time there then I do. My husband
complains all the time about being on my computer too much.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Well it seems I must explain how flawed your logic is then.

Women voting:1920

Gay people rights: early 2000's

The world changes. Should we take away women's right to vote along with the LGBT stuff?

Societies don't move in one single direction.

Fluctuations and back and firths exist for instance.

Think of the death penalty for example.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

The world changes. Should we take away women's right to vote along with the LGBT stuff?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I have no problem with same-sex marriage...people should be able to marry whom they want to marry.

What about everything else same-sex and LGBT that was illegal until not long ago in our "free" societies?

Specific examples please.

Sexual relations, unions, relationships etc - whatever was illegal before, but is legal now basically

Okay. Thanks...
I don't care if people of the same sex want to screw, date, marry, adopt, divorce, etc...AS LONG AS no paedophila is involved.

It's fine that YOU don't care - but a future society could repeal several laws in the future.

Societies don't necessarily move in one single direction.

So societies change....We all know this.
What's your point beyond what is obvious?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Even if they like other dudes. So it seems someone did think enough about others to include everyone.

The problem exists when we are forced to like it or accept it as normal. Others still have the right to say "yuk", as they allow everyone to peruse happiness.

In short, stick your junk where you like, but don't tell me about it, I don't care.

The US Constitution? In law in the late 1700s? At the time, Slavery was well and present and widespread, women could not vote and same-sex and LGBT stuff was illegal.

It took a while for everyone to understand the words, "all men" to include everyone, even weemen. Although they have the right to make me a sammich before they can vote.

Amazingly in 2019 we even let them african men drink from the same water fountains as the white folk. Perhaps we have evolved a tiny bit.......

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

According to my husband...The U.S. started going
downhill after giving women the right to vote! You
don't want to get him started on giving women driver's
licenses either.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Even if they like other dudes. So it seems someone did think enough about others to include everyone.

The problem exists when we are forced to like it or accept it as normal. Others still have the right to say "yuk", as they allow everyone to peruse happiness.

In short, stick your junk where you like, but don't tell me about it, I don't care.

The US Constitution? In law in the late 1700s? At the time, Slavery was well and present and widespread, women could not vote and same-sex and LGBT stuff was illegal.

It took a while for everyone to understand the words, "all men" to include everyone, even weemen. Although they have the right to make me a sammich before they can vote.

Amazingly in 2019 we even let them african men drink from the same water fountains as the white folk. Perhaps we have evolved a tiny bit.......

Modern humans have been around for 240,000 years. If ever there was a Forrest Gump personified in the form of a species...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: IAMTAT

If Epstein's island comes up for sale are you 3 idiots planning to
buy it?

No...I'm looking for something with a volcano on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No.

We in the West need to recognise difference and celebrate that fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Oh I like it in the kitchen too. I see the kitchen as my workshop just as I see the garage being one.
There is no one around to complain about it this weekend but yes, I see I have been at the computer too long this weekend, too.

It is raining outside and the chores are done, so what

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

so you are a sammich master as well?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why would they want to be married? Dont most religions condemn them?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Yeno (yes-no) I specialized on real cooking, not just stacking things on top of each other

I can also pull an engine, (with some help) so there is that. Do not underestimate someone who can cook. I go out on a limb and say I would push many men into a corner when it comes to driving skills (on a race track).

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Cannabis was illegal until recently in *some* countries. Other countries are in the process of decriminalising cannabis.

Some ruling parties in *some* countries have also expressed motivations to decriminalize prostitution and even regulate it...

One or two nations are even in the process of decriminalizing use of L SD - in a regulated and controlled fashion (mental health treatment for example).

This all sounds good though. Not sure what your point is.
edit on 8-9-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Marriage, IMHO, is a bad deal anyway.
Why invite the State into your union?
Anyway, if Jack & Jack or Jill & Jill want to do the legal nasty with the State, by all means, subjugate yourselves lol.
Really...who in the blue hell cares who other people love?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It doesn't bother me that people want to be gay or straight. It doesn't bother me that gays marry each other.

What bothers me is the blatant forcing of homosexuality down our throats with gay pride parades and gay exhibitionism. I don't believe the US government is behind this, per se, but at the very least, the main stream media seems to be.

There is supposed to be a separation of religion and government in the constitution. To me that means what ever you happen to be, if you are of legal age you can marry, period. Most states still have caveats that you can't marry your sister, brother, mother, father or your cousins (first and sometimes second). "Life, Liberty and The pursuit of Happiness" comes to mind and I agree with that...

I didn't agree with the "Straight Pride" march recently held. I think this enables the gays to march even more so.

To finish, I think as long as 2 consenting adults want to marry and have a wonderful life together, don't flamingly flaunt it to the world, adopt children, live their lives to the fullest, then they should go for it...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight
Please excuse me injecting here.

Consider it a learning process. I went to the love parade, too (gay parade in Berlin). Finally a event you can be yourself.
Today I think different about it. My desire to be myself for just one day, openly to the world, that was spawned by hiding all the time, canceled out the concern that other people might be offended by it.

Back then that thought never came to my mind. I have to say I just partied, I did not make up or wildly kiss around just to provoke others. I can only speak for myself.

Live and let live. We are all getting smarter over time, so did I.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Cannabis was illegal until recently in *some* countries. Other countries are in the process of decriminalising cannabis.

Some ruling parties in *some* countries have also expressed motivations to decriminalize prostitution and even regulate it...

One or two nations are even in the process of decriminalizing use of L SD - in a regulated and controlled fashion (mental health treatment for example).

This all sounds good though. Not sure what your point is.

The point is that it could all be recriminalized again.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
*Could*

Everything *could* something something. You know?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is an odd topic in my opinion mostly because these things shouldn't have been illegal in the first place.
The supposed "morality" laws were a violation of civil rights to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join