It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucky? WL2019 ...non-Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Working in a gas station isn't exactly what I planned to be doing at this point in life. I always thought I'd be off doing great things and making tons of money, not standing behind this counter turning down teenagers for cigarettes and booze. The worst part was watching people throw their money away on lottery tickets, the rich, the poor, and everyone inbetween.

On this night I noticed a man, hood up and in dark clothing lurking around in the parking lot. I've worked here for some time now and I had a real bad feeling about this guy. I watched him closely over the next few hours as he walked in and out of view from the counter.

I had a love-hate relationship with the nights after a drawing, my store was packed for at least a couple hours with people coming to claim their 5 dollar pay off. I did take some pleasure in seeing wealthy customers lose hundreds only to win a few bucks, But I warned anyone who had winnings to steer clear of the man outside.

After everything died down I stepped out the front door to have a few drags off a cigarette. I was watching the strange man's silhouette moving around in the shadows of the plaza when a car at first came creeping through the gas pumps then sped across the parking lot to a screeching halt in front of him. Another man immediately jumped from the vehicle screaming and things started getting physical. I took off inside and called the police.

When I came back outside the car was gone and the hooded man laid on the ground. I ran over to him only to see him in a pool of his own blood. I grabbed his hand and explained, help is on the way. He grabbed me with his other hand and pulled me closer, staring into my eyes as the life left his.

When the police arrived I gave my statement and returned to my store, closed out my register and locked the door behind me. With a heavy heart I reached into my pocket for a much needed cigarette and to my own confusion pulled out a lottery ticket. The end

Not a writer, but the topic inspired me to do it anyways
edit on Sun Sep 8 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: doctorhypotenuse

I liked it, Doc.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Haven't had to write like that in a long time. So thank you. I had quite a bit of fun trying to write it too.

new topics

join