It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Airlines mechanic sabotages plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, a 60 year old American Airlines mechanic has been charged with deliberately sabotaging an aircraft. Alani says he was upset over stalled negotiations between the airline and mechanics union.

American flight 2834 was bound for Nassau from Miami on July 17th, when the cockpit crew received an ADM warning as they increased power for takeoff. The crew aborted the takeoff and the aircraft was taken out of service. Once in the hangar, a loose line going to the air data module was found blocked with a hard foam material. Alani admitted to putting foam into the line, and covering it with super glue to harden it in place.

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow what a complete sicko ,he should get life for sure

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

My first thought was wondering what kind of charges he was facing.

Attempted murder?
Wreckless endangerment?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Currently it's one count of willfully damaging, destroying, and disabling an aircraft.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
being a union member myself this does NOTHING to help negotiations in fact hurts his side.

disgusting

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
On my local news they had this story but they didn't go there. (His name).

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, a 60 year old American Airlines mechanic has been charged with deliberately sabotaging an aircraft. Alani says he was upset over stalled negotiations between the airline and mechanics union.

American flight 2834 was bound for Nassau from Miami on July 17th, when the cockpit crew received an ADM warning as they increased power for takeoff. The crew aborted the takeoff and the aircraft was taken out of service. Once in the hangar, a loose line going to the air data module was found blocked with a hard foam material. Alani admitted to putting foam into the line, and covering it with super glue to harden it in place.

www.miamiherald.com...

I wonder if the "upset over stalled negotiations" is a cover story...

Covering it super glue to harden in place sounds a bit overkill if you are just trying to trip a sensor so you get some additional overtime...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Hardening it means taking it to the hangar. He didn't work on planes on the ramp, so he wouldn't have gotten the call to work on it if it was just foam. One of the articles mentioned overtime as part of his motive, so he had to ensure he'd get the work.

(post by incoserv removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Can we now finally put the name Abdul on the, no flocken
way can you be any where near a gawd damn airplane list?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Uh oh....he's a habitual......Alaska Air too.....friggin fired him.......man....at business insider.....clocked in at two jobs at once, American and Alaskan....two checks....a reply to: GBP/JPY

edit on 6-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
He'll get his pension though .

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Never ever allow this person to work in ANY security related job.

Trying to kill a bunch of people who just try to go about their daily business over monetary reasons is just incompatible with our society.

Lock him away. He can now fold paper bags in prison I hope.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Really worrisome is to read the terms "super glue" and "airplane mechanic" together.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

So, is the frustration over union negotiations supposed to cover his "intent" to keep him from being labeled as a radical Islamic terrorist?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The fact that he apparently doesn't have ties to Islamic extremists is "cover" to keep him from being labeled a radical Islamic terrorist.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Really worrisome is to read the terms "super glue" and "airplane mechanic" together.

Yeah! No doubt. Mechanics? They've got epoxy!

I wonder if the talk show hosts on the AM dial will talk about this next week.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

So, is the frustration over union negotiations supposed to cover his "intent" to keep him from being labeled as a radical Islamic terrorist?

That is what I was wondering. They don't want to cause a panic, so use disgruntled union member as a cover to deflect from terrorism motive. The guy very well could just be a mad union mechanic who just happens to have a Muslim name, but I don't put anything past the govt when it comes to covering up stuff these days.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'd be curious to hear what his union has to say about this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join