It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allowing the gender on birth certificates to be changed/hidden will cause absolute chaos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is so yesterday.

Up to down, down to up, inside out, outside in,

Sticky dual trap...

What about a male mind in a female body, or vice versa.
Or maybe 3/7th male and 4/7th female?
Everything goes. 7/7th male and 7/7th female is fancy.

I agree we are all born with one way open.

If you are going to open the other is your personal desicion, and nothing should infringe that.

like DBCowboy said.
Personally none of anyones buisness.

Things are starting to move up and down

We better get them Scanner running and fuel up.

Still NoClue

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

People can think they are 1000 different genders, even have the documentation to prove that they are "Fluid-Gyno-Sexual-Mono-Quasi-Tofu".

If that's what they want to consider themselves then they should have the freedom to do so.

Now. . . .

I am under NO OBLIGATION to humor them. I think that there are boys and girls. Male and Feminine.

That's it. There is no law that compels me to THINK any other way and any law would be unconstitutional because it would stifle my own free expression.

So I still claim, not a big deal. This will satisfy a tiny segment of the population who are probably idiots and will die off early any way. To them I say, "Enjoy your tiny time on this planet you weirdo's! HAve fun, stay off my lawn and we'll get along just fine."

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I "hear" you and I get your point. You can be relaxed because it does not touch you in any way or shape. Pay no attention and forget about it.

But there is a saying here, reach one the little pinky finger, they take the whole hand then. If you start to acknowledge crazyness as normal and encourage it, where else does this road lead, where does it end? Also, the fun ends with me when it is pushed on children.

I am not talking about the US only.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is getting crazy, there are but two biological genders i agree with the idea that one can get a female mind in a mans body and vice-versa, one is born that way or not, I happen to be bisexual and was married to a wonderful woman for 20 years
she passed in 2017, i told her before we married and i never cheated on her or anyone i ever dated, but this forcing people to use pronoun's and young children to want a sex change beacuse school tells you you can is harmful to the natural development of the child and is so wrong, it's brainwashing to the max, in Canada it's against the law to not call someone by their prefered pronoun, i cant if you don't tell me, this agenda being shoved up our collective hinder's [bad pun] is messing up our world and no good will ever come from it, damn the social justice worriors and snowflakes

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

until your daughter wants to be a track and field champion.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

according to them sex and gender are separate, how could anyone know what a babies gender is unless they ask them?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
I "hear" you and I get your point. You can be relaxed because it does not touch you in any way or shape. Pay no attention and forget about it.

But there is a saying here, reach one the little pinky finger, they take the whole hand then. If you start to acknowledge crazyness as normal and encourage it, where else does this road lead, where does it end? Also, the fun ends with me when it is pushed on children.

I am not talking about the US only.

I don’t accept their crazy as normal.

But there’s all types of crazy in this world.

Hell, I’m a conspiracy theorist. Doesn’t exactly put me in the normal category! So what is normal? Who gets to decide it?
edit on 6-9-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

until your daughter wants to be a track and field champion.

Only have sons. And they are already weird.

One even takes after me.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hell, I’m a conspiracy theorist. Doesn’t exactly put me in the normal category! So what is normal? Who gets to decide it?

Now you brought out the killer argument

I recognize that this is a hot topic, what is normal what is not normal.

I earn my money by looking at data and drawing conclusions about the problems that hide in that dataset. Cause, impact, repair, prevention.

Naturally I developed a sense for what behavior the plant is showing is "normal" and what is "abnormal". Abnormal are the states that are absent most of the time. By definition. It is a shifting thing though. If all plants are offline since years, that is "normal" in the sense, too.

I would say that if I look at 1% and then 99%, I consider 99% the normal state. Okay, now I said I find it crazy and I still have that opinion.

But I guess, that you know all that

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Personally?

I don't this as a big deal.

Crazy people can be crazy. Do any crazy thing they want.

it doesn't impact me in any way.

With all due respect, this is a very stupid, nonchalant and lackadaisical response to a very, very serious development in a major country.

This is a very serious matter. It's like saying "hey, it's no big deal" following breaking news on 2 August 1990 regarding major events occuring in the Middle East.

Get your head outta the sand - because they're coming for you next.

*shrugs*

People said the same thing about gay marriage.

I'm even more irate now.

How can you bring same-sex relationships into this conversation. How can people even lump same-sex relationships with this madness?

We are talking about folks being allowed to change gender on birth certificates. This is worlds away from same-sex unions etc.

Whilst they're at it, why don't they select their preferred nationality as well? Why stop there? Maybe some dude actually born in 2001 prefers to change his birth year to 1999.

Did a dude not try to do that already, try to legally get his birth year changed on his certificate to make him appear years younger coz he didn't look or feel the age he was, may also have had something to do with dating younger women. Can't remember the outcome.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby MN

But in most (if not all) countries, isn't only one thing shown on birth certificates anyway? I.e. "sex"? That's what's being allowed to change, right?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I took a look at my daughters birth certificate.

There is says "Geschlecht" and it translates both to sex AND gender.

Gender = Geschlecht

In my country, a penis/vagina is called "Geschlechtsteil".
Literally "gender piece".

So if anyone tries to tell me gender is not related to either having a penis or a vagina, I say it is semantics.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So much unnecessary outrage and hysteria!

People have been allowed to change their gender designation on birth certificates, passports and Social Security information for many decades in the US. Presently only two remaining states, Ohio and Kansas, don't allow birth certificate changes but lawsuits have been filed in both to change that.

It's a patchwork of state laws across the country for changing birth certificates with the federal government having their own requirements for changing passports and SS records. Some require genital sex reassignment surgery/sterilization, some require undefined "irreversible procedures" and some only require letters from qualified medical professionals or a court order and a legal name change. Some states will issue new BC's with the changed information, some will seal the records that they've ever been changed and some will issue new amended certificates showing the before and after changes.

I believe every state in the nation has procedures for changing gender markers on driver's licenses, etc., and many are now allowing something like an X or unspecified which does seem pretty nuts. My driver's license has a field for sex, not gender and there's only two.

You can find out the requirements for your state by visiting The ID Documents Center at TransEquality.org (hope I did that right?)

Relax. In the US at least, this is not a new thing and these policies and procedures have been in place for a long time without the predicted ensuing chaos. At as far as Federal goes, you can be M or F so at least for now, they haven't succumbed to the ridiculousness which isn't the case for many other countries.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

This is news to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
your biological sex is on your birth certificate
gender is whatever you say it is

No, it is not. It's usually what your X and Y chromosomes say it is. Gender identity is the product of nurture. Gender dysphoria is caused by hormonal imbalance in the foetus caused mostly by stress in the mother. You have no choice whether you feel male or female. There is no point in stating your gender identity on a birth certificate, which should record only scientific facts, not subjective feelings that might alter in a few years' time. The fact that states in the USA have allowed gender preference to be added to a birth certificate is neither here nor there. In America particularly, politics has degenerated into identity politics and such changes have been made for the sake of political correctness, often by politicians wishing to attract the vote of these identity groups. Pointing out that America has allowed these changes already on birth certificates really does not put the issue to rest. It merely begs the question whether it was ever a good idea in the first place.
edit on 7-9-2019 by micpsi because: typo corrected.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Can I as a male identify myself as female? do I get all the benefits of being female with the once a month get out of work because I'm on my period? If I indentifiy as a female do I then, or can I be pregnant and get paid maternity leave. I see this as a perfect opportunity for men to receive all the job related benefits that women get.

What makes you feel like your a female? You don't just change gender on a whim.
Get out of your echo chamber, the real world is out there.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

He was being facetious, you nitwit.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Question, how can one feel "male" or "female" without using the established picture of what a male/female is?

What means being female or male, if we do away with the vagina/dick part? What is left if not a social construct and common sense what it else entrails?

So someone saying he feels more female or male, I get it. What I find interesting is, how is that conclusion/feeling built up? Isn't it the typical traditional picture of what men and women do and are about?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

Question, how can one feel "male" or "female" without using the established picture of what a male/female is?

What means being female or male, if we do away with the vagina/dick part? What is left if not a social construct and common sense what it else entrails?

So someone saying he feels more female or male, I get it. What I find interesting is, how is that conclusion/feeling built up? Isn't it the typical traditional picture of what men and women do and are about?

Answer to question 1: You took too many social science classes with a postmodern instructor and not enough biology classes. We are not talking about a sense of being male or being female. We are talking about BEHAVIOUR, driven by hormones like testosterone and differences in brain chemistry established by decades of research in neurophysiology. The physiology of maleness and femaleness has nothing to do with the issue, much as those suffering from gender dysphoria would like to believe differently. It is not nurture or societal conditioning that causes gender dysphoria. It's hormonal imbalance during pregnancy that creates a penis but does not masculinize the brain with enough testosterone. Of course social scientists won't accept that. But then they reject science anyway because they delude themselves that it is all a construction (mostly by men).
Answer to question 2: "Male" and "female" are expressions of a cosmic duality. They are not social constructs. That's just a misconceived notion of Marxist, postmodern philosophy that 90% of students in America are currently being brainwashed to believe.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I took none of those classes

First you say I need to look at it from a non physiology viewpoint (that I did) and in the next breath you answer directly to that sentence where I did.

Confused? I do not understand your harsh and unfriendly reaction, sorry. Okay then, would you explain to me what behavior that would be. I am especially curious because it touches me directly.

Please be so kind and tell me exactly what behavior is expected from me, because I am a women. Please do so based on brain chemistry, if you do.

So half-reading my post you think I am some kind of marxist social/philosophy student in America? You interpret to much.

You do realize that I find the whole gender issue a joke? I feel you got something mighty wrong here...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join