It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's allllllrighttttt now, In fact it's illegal to pump yo gas!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I was a gas attendant. That was my first job in NJ.

I understood gas attendants are very important. They keep the people moving.

They're iconic old school survivors like those shoeshiners in southern states.

We already lost the milkman and the paperboy forever.

What sort of superman are you that you can fill 6 cars at once? do they only have one pump per station over there? and on a bad day, cars lined up..

weird, I probs just don't get it, I guess.. the difference between our countries, I mean.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Now I am pondering the problem of how poor helpless people from these states manage to put gas in their lawn mowers without burning themselves and their neighborhoods to ashes.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I was just in NJ and jumped right out and pulled my gas and the attendant was like, uh ok you got it.

If i ever have to let someone pump my gas, i will never tip them. It's dumb.

Ok here's this.... You think some dumb 16-20 year old knows more about pumping gas than say someone who has done it their entire lifetime of 30+. I guess that's more directed towards the idiots in Oregon...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Sounds very liberal to me

They shouldn't be allowed to vote either

Not allowing people to vote sounds very a hole to me.

You are right. They are a holes. Ding bats too. El stupedos. Weetards

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
When I lived in Oregon for a couple years, it took me a few months to get use to it. However, it really wasn't a big deal. During the winter and/or heavy rain storms, it was kind of nice not having to get out of the car. Plus, more jobs.

There were a few times when I would have to wait my turn when the station was busy. That was annoying. Overall, meh.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

What sort of superman are you that you can fill 6 cars at once?

I actually used to that. Open tbe station at 6 am and close it at midnight.

I have an unusual ability to synchronize duties. Multitasking I guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I loved this OP, what a humorous read.

We even got a rare funny out of dfnj2015, which I have to admit, when he's on his game, he can really catch ya off guard... And it's well worth it.

Fun fact, Gasoline has the equivalent of 30,000 calories, so when I fill up, I knock a few ounces back and skip some meals.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Speaking as a helpless moronic Oregonian, just last week I had to pump my own gas.

There was a spider on the gas cap and the attendant wouldn't go near it, so I did it.

True story.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Did you put on the require PPE before putting explosive fluid in the multi thousand pound projectile?

Also, did you know if you put a hard hat to your ear, you can hear the OSHA.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

hahahaha

I just said, "Seriously?"

And got my own gas.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Either way, I'm adding it to my list of favorite silly excuses.

The following are my favorites.

My favorite comes from a friend who bailed last minute on basketball "I can't make it, I just drank a whole bunch of milk.

In highschool I was on my last leg for tardiness and showed up a good half an hour late, so when my teacher asked why I was late I just said in front of everyone," sorry, I had blood in my stool". Teacher skipped a beat and just shook it off.

Sorry, I couldn't do it, there was a spider on the _________.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Seattle too.....you no touch that pump buster.....

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Spider in my stool will be my new go-to excuse for lateness.

edit on 6-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: rickymouse

Who the hell is getting petrol on their hands. the pumps are made to simply stick the nozzle in, and it stops when it's full.

Unless you live in a really old place, I suppose. like the 20's...

AND they're labelled.. perhaps if you don't even know what sort of petrol your vehicle takes.. idk..

We used to have full service and self service stations here.. I'd rather fill my own tank, thanks.. what smell of petrol?? lol

Evidently you have never owned a car where it kicks back. I have one that does that now but have many that have done that in the past. Ask someone who works in a gas station pumping gas. I know the girl who fills cars at a local place and she has gotten sprayed often, I told her my Truck kicks back when filling and she told me she gets gas on her every day, it does not effect her much. I worked pumping gas for a year and a half and I know how things happen. I pump my own gas lots of times and have gotten gas on me many times a year, even handling the gas cans that you fill for the lawnmowers, chainsaws, rototillers, weedeaters, snowblowers, and tractors can get you full of gas.

Remember, if you put gas into your car and it sprays into your eyes, the gas station is not liable if it is self serve. It is your problem. If an employee messes up it is the gas stations liability.

I have known lots of people who owned gas stations, not just workers in them. I would talk to them and they would tell me of all the crazy things people do. I am a small business owner, I tend to hang around with other small business owners.

Just because you personally have not experienced something YET does not mean it does not happen. I own three vehicles and two more antique cars, plus a couple of tractors and lots of gas powered tools and even three generators. Sometimes pumps kick back and it sprays out of the fill tube in cars, and it very often drips out of the hose when you haul it to put it in the tank. Pay attention to what is going on better. never stand in front of the nozzle in the tank when filling, it usually spits a little.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Not allowing people to vote sounds very a hole to me.

Allowing people to vote on whether or not government gets to take my money - and how much they get to take - when said voter is the recipient of said money (welfare), sounds pretty a hole to me.

Yes, I'm saying being any recipient of any form of government welfare/handout should be automatically disqualified from the privilege to vote for the year.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
It certainly is good for jobs.

Pregnant women should not inhale gas fumes.

Well, easy. Don't go a-huffin' on aquarium hosing to siphon up the old dirt wheeler and they'll be fine.

A last count, Oregon's ban on self-pumping created something like 10,000 jobs.

It is really nice when someone pumps your gas for you and they clean the windshield too like in the old days.

You get the laughs but you say nothing practical.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

It is really nice when someone pumps your gas for you and they clean the windshield too like in the old days.

You get the laughs but you say nothing practical.

Creating a job position through legislation where one didn't need to be created. Yeah, that's not an accomplishment.

edit on 6-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Trueman
I was a gas attendant. That was my first job in NJ.

I understood gas attendants are very important. They keep the people moving.

They're iconic old school survivors like those shoeshiners in southern states.

We already lost the milkman and the paperboy forever.

weird, I probs just don't get it, I guess.. the difference between our countries, I mean.

I've actually had attendants come out and basically insist they fill the tank for me over here in Australia. But only ever in those old tiny towns... you know the ones in the middle of nowhere that are basically just a Pub, fire station and convenience store/petrol station?

It's pretty uncomfortable to be honest... Your kinda just looking around not quite sure about what it is you should be doing well someone else pumps your fuel for ya.

But as to these entire states in the US where its apparently the norm. I think it's probably just a tradition from years past, which for whatever reason just hasn't happened to have died out.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good lord.
Sorry, I grew up on a farm and had to handle gas for tractors, mowers etc. when I was a teenager..and I'm a girl!
I fear I'd be pretty impatient having to have someone else pump for me.. crikey. I love that state, it's beautiful but, the governing? not so much. God forbid a major disaster happens up there. Maybe I should take a lesson from this and learn to let people do things for me?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
"I don't like the smell of gas", "I don't want it on my clothes", "I never pumped my own gas and I never will", what whinny cry babies!

They'd never survive if they needed to siphon gas by sucking on a hose to get it started. It is actually swe(e)t when it gets in your mouth, uh, from what my, uh, friend old me when he would siphon gas when he needed to.

The old leaded gas tasted much better than the unleaded stuff too. Or so I'm told.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join