It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calm down, dear - No China is NOT taking over Africa/the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The media had a brief period where it made the general public around the world think China was "colonising" Africa. Tons of articles cropped up about the "Chinese carving up of Africa".

I can confidently tell you that this is complete rubbish. Nonsense. Codswallop. Hogwash.

So some Chinese company may have bought up some farmland in some SubSaharan country here and some other Chinese company may have been extracting resources in some other SubSaharan country there.

But, the People's Republic of China, as a sovereign, independent and standalone nation is NOT conducting a widespread, organised and systematic campaign.

This is categorically nonsense.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

But... Russia! Russia!....Recession! Recession!....China! China!....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

China has been heavily investing in infrastructure project in African countries for decades , China isn't taking over Africa but China does have significant influence there.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This must be fake news then:

Chinese President Xi Jinping said a new chapter of China-Africa cooperation has begun as China seeks to strengthen and deepen its ties with the continent in a time of global uncertainty.

"China-Africa relations are at their best in history," declared Mr Xi at a press conference yesterday following the close of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (Focac), now in its 18th year. The two-day summit brought together leaders from over 50 African nations and China.

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, who was the forum co-chair along with Mr Xi, acknowledged the forum's value as a platform to accelerate development in Africa, while also calling for sharing of knowledge at a time of rapid technological development.

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well most Africans think not only are the Chinese invading Africa, but they’re amongst the most racist people on earth

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
personally china freaks me out. they are a very calculating nation and arent just planning for today. i personally think people should pay more attention to china and what they will inevitably have to do if they are playing to win the grand game. they are most certainly one of the biggest players. if youve studied history then u know their ambitions which are just as strong today as they were in the past. i could see them splitting the world in two from pole to pole and the human toll that will come from it terrifies me. they are the zerg.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I guess this is fake news too.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Animals living in China don't seem to be freaked out. You have to be completely brainwashed to called Chinese a zerg army. If you want to see real zerg army go see some bugs. That is where the Zerg armies originated from by Blizzard.
Some people even call them clone/ robot army. If you want to see those army look no further than MIC research facilities such as DARPA. I rather get invaded by Chinese army than MIC with robots.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Yeah, I guess this is fake news too.

Cheers

One measly little base means nothing. Does not mean global takeover/takeover of Africa. If anything, someone could point to the USA and say, look at how many bases they have and how they are "taking over the world". Everything China does will always pale in comparison to everything else the USA/Europe is doing/has done.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
personally china freaks me out. they are a very calculating nation and arent just planning for today. i personally think people should pay more attention to china and what they will inevitably have to do if they are playing to win the grand game. they are most certainly one of the biggest players. if youve studied history then u know their ambitions which are just as strong today as they were in the past. i could see them splitting the world in two from pole to pole and the human toll that will come from it terrifies me. they are the zerg.

The history of China does not point to colonisation of the world beyond Asia. The same can be said of Japan and Korea.

If anything, the recent entry of the Europeans and Americans has led to Asian nations like China and Japan "expanding" beyond Asia.

But there is certainly no takeover of Africa/the world.

Also, don't put everything down to "the Chinese" doing it all alone. An example is of the monkey-human genetic hybrid experiment. This was conducted in China - but by Spanish scientists.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: TheScale

The history of China does not point to colonisation of the world beyond Asia. The same can be said of Japan and Korea.

If anything, the recent entry of the Europeans and Americans has led to Asian nations like China and Japan "expanding" beyond Asia.

But there is certainly no takeover of Africa/the world.

Also, don't put everything down to "the Chinese" doing it all alone. An example is of the monkey-human genetic hybrid experiment. This was conducted in China - but by Spanish scientists.

well even if their ambitions havent grown beyond their past inclinations, wouldnt the thought of them conquering their neighbors, japan included be a horrific war with a massive human toll? they dont have a good record in the human rights dept in this century or past centuries. then just extrapolate from there. tell me its not terrifying for the diversity of the world in future generations

top topics

join