It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I hear and see when I listen to modern hip hop/rap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I mean lets face it, all that matters is this kind of thing to modern producers. It is just such an honest video. It's all gas. It really is, I was reading some article about a new hip hop sensation recently and watched the videos out of real interest. Each video was so genital and anus worshiping even I was disgusted. Not by the body as much as I was by the accolades for making art like this seem intelligent and thoughtful by the review. It wasn't at all. It was all about pee pee and b holes. As if all production is ran by 12 year old boys or something.

I do find a certain amount of humor in it, but to pretend it is some sort of glorious art form is really just not the case. Seriously, it just isn't honestly entertaining.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

It's just a parody video.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Not all of it is shallow. This one is definitely some deep thinking. And while I may not agree with everything he says, he's definitely well read and eloquently presents his world view with passion. Some of it is hyperbolic, buts it's art none the less when someone makes something with depth.

(explicit language) )

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The fact that this ‘art’ is popular says more about society than the artists. Talking about body parts and shooting people is not something I find uplifting.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The fact that this ‘art’ is popular says more about society than the artists. Talking about body parts and shooting people is not something I find uplifting.

Some could take edgier rock lyrics back in the day to make the case it was "the devil's music", and some of what they said back then wouldn't even fly now.

I'll admit hip hop and rap it's a lot of hay, and only a few needles... But those needles are still impressive to me. They can deliver their message in rhythmic speaking, something others can't quite do with their genres.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

It's just a parody video.

Really???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I mean REALLY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Some could take edgier rock lyrics back in the day to make the case it was "the devil's music", and some of what they said back then wouldn't even fly now.

I'll admit hip hop and rap it's a lot of hay, and only a few needles... But those needles are still impressive to me. They can deliver their message in rhythmic speaking, something others can't quite do with their genres.

Sure, if you look hard enough you find it, but pee pee and b hole seems to be what is marketed the most.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As a hip hop fan, I find many people simply don't understand the genius and artistry of real hip hop artist. Unfortunately, because of the commoditization of the music industry, if you are a casual listener to hip hop, you may not be exposed to the most talented artists or even understand how to actually listen to hip hop.

I grew up on hip hop from the 70s/80s/90s where lyrical talent is all that mattered. Even artists who touched on street topics were undeniable wordsmiths.

This video is one of the best synopsis ever done to help you understand the genius of hip hop poets. It does a good job breaking down the complex rhyme structures and flows over the beats.

The artist in this video are some of the best to ever hold a microphone.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Bitches and hoes.....
Putin caps in asses....

All of this music is a reflection of todays black culture....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Bitches and hoes.....
Putin caps in asses....

All of this music is a reflection of todays black culture....

What is Putin doing in asses?

I thought that was illegal there... I guess there is more behind this image than I originally thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The very first CD I ever bought......

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Din do nuthins say put-in not putting....lol

No wut um sav-in??

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I mean lets face it, all that matters is this kind of thing to modern producers. It is just such an honest video. It's all gas. It really is, I was reading some article about a new hip hop sensation recently and watched the videos out of real interest. Each video was so genital and anus worshiping even I was disgusted. Not by the body as much as I was by the accolades for making art like this seem intelligent and thoughtful by the review. It wasn't at all. It was all about pee pee and b holes. As if all production is ran by 12 year old boys or something.

I do find a certain amount of humor in it, but to pretend it is some sort of glorious art form is really just not the case. Seriously, it just isn't honestly entertaining.

A lot of hip hop fans hear the same farting when we hear some of the mainstream commercialized rap these days...

Mumble rap, ex strippers, and talentless gang members have taken over the hip hop industry.

It is really sad...

The genius of artists like

BIG
Common
Nas
Rakim
Kool G Rap
MF Doom
Black Thought/Roots
Big Pun
Jay Z
Wu-Tang
and countless others....

Is being drowned out by commercialized noise and one hit wonders.

I was having a conversation with the wife and commented that real hip hop has become like Jazz. Hipsters seem to have discovered the artistry of the golden era (80s/90s) and I constantly hear it playing in background at top restaurants here in Chicago now.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Word dawg, troof troof, I's heard ya

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When I hear certain rap/hiphop I want to drive fast and use my vent hair brush like a gun while yelling PEW PEW MOVE BITCH.. GET OUT THE WAY!! BUT Ive never felt much for GucciGucciGucciGucci...

I think some folks who badmouth rap havent really explored the genre.. but its okay if you dont like it. People can actually voice their opinions on music. Music is such an internal thing I think. I have such varied interests in music and genres and time period that if you look at my collection youd swear I had a whole buncha conflicting multiple personalities. LOL!

top topics

join