It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Makes America Great Again, Corrects Another Historical Injustice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby Trump needs to repeal the low flush toilets that wont flush crap too.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: funbobby

So bringing back incandescent bulbs will make America great again???!!!

Well, you need to be ""special"" to swallow that kind of palaver ile give you that.

Actually making light bulbs is a big deal in the mentally handicapped area. Lots of mentally handicapped people in my area USED to have jobs making bulbs in workshops.

Hopefully they can get their jobs back and the workshops start up again.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Well if the workshops were just sitting there mothballed waiting to be reopened instead of repurposed for other tasks and the workforce simply dismissed there's your problem right there.

But what if they don't want to go back to making light bulbs and have found better employment?

Will these incandescent light bulb production factories ever re open?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of LEDs for car headlights, they might be ok for the driver but when they are on the incoming traffic they will blind you. And when the car behind you has them they shine right into your mirrors and blind you.
Not the mention that the light they put out is actually bad for your eyes because they put off a certain amount of blue light, not sure if it is UV or not but it has been shown that they are actively bad for your eyes.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Let's be fair, oncoming car headlights of all types can be rather disorientating, especially if they are at full beam.

That same blue light that's potentially bad for our health is emitted by all those lovely large screen TVs that we seem to be so enamored with.

What's not bad for us these days is probably the better question?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I know that the movement to switch to different bulbs was supposed to be energy saving but I doubt it really saved anything.
By the time those bulbs are manufactured and then shipped from china they have used loads more energy that an old fashion type.
Not to mention the hazmat issues with the twisty florescent bulbs...

How about new TVs?
All of my flat screen televisions put out tons of heat that can only be from energy usage. I cant believe we save any energy from the switch over.

I hate the twist bulbs. They break way too easy. I miss the old yellowish bulbs from the 80's & 90's. Gimme those and I'm good all day long. Or night, should I say. Right now most of my house is using a "daytime" bulb that looks like daylight when it's on.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

So bringing back incandescent bulbs will make America great again???!!!

Well, you need to be ""special"" to swallow that kind of palaver ile give you that.

Yes.
A good portion of incandescent bulbs were manufactured in the US of A
As a side note...
Did you know that the first CFLs came with a warning on the package ?
If they broke , one had to cover the heating/air-conditioning vents , leave , and call a hazmat team.
Now , its cover the vents , open a window , get all people and pets out , etc.
Never saw that on the old style of bulbs.

A good thing, too... No telling how many I accidentally broke while wrestling with my buddies or hitting the light with a toy by accident. I'd have been dead 3 decades ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I like LED for all sorts of purpose.

They use less energy, which at the end of the day is a good thing.

Your government is not going to bust down your door for using old light bulbs or new types, calm down.

Make America sane again. x

The bright light from an LED never helps with a headache. I think the worst LED idea was the LED taillights on cars and the police lights. That crap blinds you.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

LOL! Nazi bulbs... That's what I'll start calling incandescent bulbs from now on. Soon it'll be that since Trump brought them back and Goggle will refuse to use incandescent Nazi bulbs.

Oops, I think I just lost more points on my social credit score for talking negative about Goggle.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It was rescinded by Trump in the last few days. For a long time you could buy old stock but then they had bulbs that looked very similar to incandescent bulbs but that are not.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Donald Trump has saved America already with his SC appointments alone, I can't wait to see who he has replace RBG.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Paracetamol helps with a headache all the same.

Certainly plenty of ill-thought-out ideas, blinding taillights being one.

Great for growing, cough, cough....plants all the same.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

$10, I can swing it. I am sure I didn't say they were more efficient, I said I prefer them, why would I care how much they cost? I am running the AC with the windows open right now. As much as being your guest is wonderful the bulbs were unavailable until Donald Trump corrected that mistake. If you enjoy the light they provide you and the pennies you save then more power to you.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Yup, those are terrible too. I guess some places have been having big problems with their sewage systems getting backed up because they don't provide enough water to push all the poos along.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Light bulbs are racist!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

How many category 5 hurricanes has Trump heard of again?

Does he even know that Columbia is a country?

Did he not appoint that spurious bastard Brett Kavanaugh?

If only Mrs Trump and Mrs Kavanaugh had considered abortions the world would be a far better place. x

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

He was supposed to hear about the damages from storms that "threatened" the US?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Murdering babies seems like your solution to everything.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have been forced to change to energy efficient appliances and light bulbs.

My assessment is the appliances suck and break more often and don't work nearly as well.

Flourescent lights were the worst. LED bulbs I like.

BUT, never have I seen any savings on my electric bill with any of these changes since the rates are always going up.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

" Home deliveries of knives bought online to be banned in UK
This article is more than 2 years old

Buyers will have to collect in person and retailers must verify they are over 18, in one of series of anti-knife crime measures"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join