It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical engineering with regards to stone types in ancient structures.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Hanslune

Nope. The oldest structure known is Gobekli Tepe and it has no sign of granite. Maybe you could tell us what you are referring too?

Apart from Gunung Padang a pryamid covered in soil and bringing in carbon dates from 10-20 thousand years ago.

Gobekli Tepe is in itself enough to blow credence of conventional archaeology clean out of the water. Who built it. What Hunter gather culture had the technology and culture to move massive blocks about and had the ability to align to true north.

At the time of gobeki tepes construction there were multiple advanced cultures with cities, writing and culture. The zoro astrians were one who lived in that region. Egypt and greece both had advanced cultures too. any of those three had the tecnology to build it, and indeed had already built more advanced structures above ground.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I love this community.

Here we have a few of the community seniors doing what they do best.. contributing to a positive environment for outward thinking and sharing of ... oh wait..

Being stubborn, rude, condescending...

Awesome community!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128
Oh please.

I guess you didn't notice the poster asserting that Zoroastrianism was contemporary with Gobekli Tepe?
I mean, they're separated by over 8 thousand years.

Harte

edit on 9/7/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

If they had brought anything even remotely apropos, I would have engaged in a viable conversation of the material, But no they brought Zorastrians in, might as well have been voodoo practitioners.

Garbage in garbage out as they say

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sticking to the facts, when an anomaly is found, like this ,something that can be held and examined, which incidentally is a bit of high quartzite rock. Found on a hiking trip, what does one say? It cant exist even though you can hold it in your hand, the connections are faked? interesting non the less in this discussion

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Or when material analysis is presented to the archaeological institutions, they do not even look at it,
or if someone does, they do not understand the results.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Sticking to the facts, when an anomaly is found, like this ,something that can be held and examined, which incidentally is a bit of high quartzite rock. Found on a hiking trip, what does one say? It cant exist even though you can hold it in your hand, the connections are faked? interesting non the less in this discussion

Do you have any reason to believe Williams' claim that he found this on a hike?
I mean, it's a stone that has been drilled out and a modern electrical component has been inserted. That or it is a fake, cast, stone.The prongs are not connected to the stone (even if they were, stone has no electrical properties.) The component is identical to a modern one, which Williams shows on his website.
Also, he claims no one will analyze it, yet says it was analyzed and found to be 100,000 years old. Metal would corrode over 100k years, wouldn't you think?

Also, he claimed it was granite. The claim that it's quartzite (if such a claim actually exists) might have come about due to the fact that the youngest granite on Earth is over a million years old.

This claim is somewhat extreme, in other words, and has absolutely nothing behind it to back it up, and includes contradictory statements.

Therefore the default position is that it is a false claim created to make money. The stone itself is for sale, Williams sells a CD ROM about the stone, and he has also approached the History channel multiple times trying to get the stone on TV (for money.)

Harte

edit on 9/8/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Also the fact that he is an electrical engineer, and happens to find it. However he has also laid himself open to massive claims against his creditability, probably a lot of litigation. The X rays show that its at least not a modern plug, and what analysis has been done is interesting, if encased in clay, the connections would last indefinitely, I would like to know what metal they were made of.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Here is an interesting one with regards to wet and dry granite, of various types, all producing a charge when dampened. If vast areas of granite were wet and had the same effect, their would be a large electron flow, since silicon voids in the stuff, would act the same way as a silicon chip. Their would also be a residual charge, making it have a higher charge than the surrounding air in certain conditions, and probably prone to some type of discharge

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I came across this vid which suggest that the use of different types of stone in ancient structures , were for electrical reasons, the more ancient the structure, the more Granite was paired with limestone. The less ancient like Roman structures used no conductive stone. Here they test different types of stone with an inductive current with some interesting results. Bearing in mind that Stonehenge had a quartz bluestone sitting on a limestone base, the ancient people were very particular with regards to what types of stone were used. Which suggest form and function for some unknown process.
This guys theory is that the Younger Dryas event wiped a previously advanced society from the map, where civilization stopped, as suggested by quarries in South America and Egypt being abandoned with half finished work, then after a long period resumed with lesser sophistication with regards to the stone work.

Yes , the Previous " Falls" of Man due to Environmental Impacts and Other Internal Causes . Is it the Third or Fourth Time this has Happened in Man's History ? An Interesting Field to Study ............

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

since silicon voids in the stuff, would act the same way as a silicon chip.

You might want to look into how silicon chips work and are manufactured before making such a claim. As it is very silly.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Here is an interesting one with regards to wet and dry granite, of various types, all producing a charge when dampened. If vast areas of granite were wet and had the same effect, their would be a large electron flow, since silicon voids in the stuff, would act the same way as a silicon chip. Their would also be a residual charge, making it have a higher charge than the surrounding air in certain conditions, and probably prone to some type of discharge

The video appears to be about conductivity, which is not producing a charge. When an object is wet, the water on it will conduct electricity.
Granite itself is one of the poorest conductors of electricity that exists. Almost like rubber.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

The video appears to be about conductivity, which is not producing a charge. When an object is wet, the water on it will conduct electricity.
Granite itself is one of the poorest conductors of electricity that exists. Almost like rubber.

Harte

It appears to be about NONSENSE Harte,
Having spent a good portion of my life scrambling around one of the largest granite batholiths on the planet I can tell you granite IS one of the best insulatoors there is.

See that tree on the right, I was where I took this pic, when that tree was struck by lightening and had the top 1/2 blown off, during a huge rain storm.
Had it been wet soil, I'd likely be dead.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
While electrical conductivity might not be pertinent to large scale monolithic engineering, perhaps their acoustical properties would be. Different rocks make different pitches and tones when smacked with various kinds of hammers, and if they're properly positioned to resonate, one could conceivably create what is essentially music with them.

Archeoacoustics is a tough field, though, since over time rocks can be moved (like Stonehenge) so they're no longer in their original positions, and they can sink or be partially covered with dirt which would deaden the resonance or change the pitch and tone. Resonance chambers have been discovered in various ruins that may or may not have been accidental. But since the ancients weren't all that good at writing symbols to represent musical notes or their duration, it's hard to tell what notes were actually being played and in what sequence.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

It appears to be about NONSENSE Harte,
Having spent a good portion of my life scrambling around one of the largest granite batholiths on the planet I can tell you granite IS one of the best insulatoors there is.

See that tree on the right, I was where I took this pic, when that tree was struck by lightening and had the top 1/2 blown off, during a huge rain storm.
Had it been wet soil, I'd likely be dead.

No need for such negativity.
It might have given you superpowers.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
While electrical conductivity might not be pertinent to large scale monolithic engineering, perhaps their acoustical properties would be. Different rocks make different pitches and tones when smacked with various kinds of hammers, and if they're properly positioned to resonate, one could conceivably create what is essentially music with them.

Archeoacoustics is a tough field, though, since over time rocks can be moved (like Stonehenge) so they're no longer in their original positions, and they can sink or be partially covered with dirt which would deaden the resonance or change the pitch and tone. Resonance chambers have been discovered in various ruins that may or may not have been accidental. But since the ancients weren't all that good at writing symbols to represent musical notes or their duration, it's hard to tell what notes were actually being played and in what sequence.

There exists no chamber - stone or otherwise - that isn't resonant.
Everything has a resonant frequency.

In (solid) stone this frequency is dependent on the stone density and mass.

Harte

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well I also remember looking into
How the Egyptian pyramids were previous reactors - this was created by using granite and limestone and how water when passed over the limestone reacts with the granite creating some sort of static electricity that was transferred to the gold caps that were pkaced on top of each pyramid but I believe it went abit further - firstly granite naturally is radioactive giving off radon a and b - were the Egyptian award of this and did they discover a way of harvesting it - also for those saying rocks are not conductive - where exactly do you think our metals come from - now it’s been along time since I studied geology but with granite being an igneous rock and limestone being a sedimentary rock isn’t it possible that ores of some kind could be mixed in and not just silicas.

At the time of reading about the pyramids being reactors what I found most interesting was why - some believe that they created some sort of lighting system but what if it was some sort of recharge system and the stargate series was a little to close to home after all Syria/Iraq/Egypt looked very different back then with much lush vegetation and fertile lands and would have been a perfect place to begin civilisation - in other words if we found something similar on mars wouldn’t we want to colonise that area firstly

top topics

<< 1   >>

join