It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF must provide breastfeeding stations for nursing personnel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think this is a good idea. It's progress towards accepting that women breastfeed and it's a natural activity, and that they also can have careers.

Roll on the day where women can breastfeed outside of "breastfeeding stations" without people (mostly men) gawping and muttering.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

300ml is an enormous amount of breast-milk.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To all the people who see nothing wrong with this: seriously WTF is wrong with you?

You go into the military to protect your country and wage war. It's not a place to be raising a child. If you have a child, leave it the fvck at home. It doesn't belong on a military base, and you certainly won't be able to bring it with you if you get deployed into a warzone.

S+F for the OP. When WW3 breaks our enemies will storm against our forces and a capable soldier will not be found. They will find gender-confused LGBT recruits and breastfeeding women standing against them. Right after they get back up from doubling over laughing they'll start the unquenchable rapine and torture.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
To all the people who see nothing wrong with this: seriously WTF is wrong with you?

You go into the military to protect your country and wage war. It's not a place to be raising a child. If you have a child, leave it the fvck at home. It doesn't belong on a military base, and you certainly won't be able to bring it with you if you get deployed into a warzone.

S+F for the OP. When WW3 breaks our enemies will storm against our forces and a capable soldier will not be found. They will find gender-confused LGBT recruits and breastfeeding women standing against them. Right after they get back up from doubling over laughing they'll start the unquenchable rapine and torture.

Have you ever been on a military base, ever in your life???... You do know that there is military housing where there are lots of wives and children... on .... the... military base...

When WW3 breaks out we will find out what kind of women soldiers other countries have..

When settlers first arrived in America they were only used to food from their homeland. Things they slaughtered or grew. Many many settlers died of starvation. It is quite interesting because there was literally food all around them. The Native Americans soon showed them the riches of the land. It is amazing that people refuse to the see the precious resources right before their eyes... to ignore women's valuable role in the military is as ignorant as those first settlers.
edit on 5-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Um. I grew up in a military family - hence why I lived all over the world. I can tell you that women - mothers, wives and even employees - ran the bases and kept the whole thing on the rails.

Anyway, we are in the 21st century. Why do men fear women?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

I’ve read stupid things before. But this one may take the cake.

Allow me to offer some knowledge to you. The Air Force is composed of thousands and thousands of HIGHLY capable Airman. I say Airman not because it’s meant for “man”, but because everyone in the military is an Airman. Doesn’t matter race, or gender, or ethnicity...they are American Airman. And they are far more American than you are.

Women can excel at what they do in the Air Force just as much as anyone else. Did you know we have women pilots? Did you know we have female mechanics, nurses, Dr’s, lawyers, and comptrollers? Did you also know that we have bathrooms that colored folks can share with white folk?

Your view of the world is ancient and dangerous. Nursing mothers absolutely deserve a place to pump milk or breast feed. You obviously don’t know how the military is structured or what it’s capabilities are with women serving.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

To be fair, peskyhumans location is the moon, so that might explain it. Maybe they are still living like cavemen up here

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

I think your post points out why more children need to be breastfed... Maybe even give them a hug once in a while.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Assassin82

To be fair, peskyhumans location is the moon, so that might explain it. Maybe they are still living like cavemen up here

Still to close for my comfort.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is this going to be a gender specific thing or a gender identifying thing? Policy or law? So many questions for the next generations.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
Is this going to be a gender specific thing or a gender identifying thing? Policy or law? So many questions for the next generations.

Not gender specific.

As a man, I can breastfeed too. Although I did get some weird looks. That's how I can empathize with the ladies.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well, to be fair, they had milking stations in Vietnam. Pretty sure they were advertised as "sucky sucky five dolla" or something. I hear they were quite popular with the soldiers.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Awww, the birth of happy endings.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

...Imagine how George Patton would react if he stumbled through a battlefield wormhole and popped into a breastfeeding station.

You can't be serious, I really don't think that's what they have in mind, 🤷🏻‍♂️

It does present an amusing mental image though, sort of like a reverse-idiocracy (there's a movie idea, 🤔)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You dropped your mic without making a point

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Fumbled mic apparently can still be shouted out as a mic drop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join