It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My awesome neighbor utopia is ending

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
If it's any help to you, we caught our neighbor (farm house, acreage as well) hiding in our barn naked and jerking off to my spouse doing garden work. (It was a hit on the wallet, but I sprung to move immediately).

HA... I can't believe it but I had one of those neighbors too, but not as bad as yours.
My neighbor was in his garage light on, door open, butt naked.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Borderline personality disorder

"Border" rather apt! hahahaha

and there is the neighbor taking down part of my 6' dog ear fence so they could enjoy my yard

so it begins....

Then they parked a eyesore of an old boat on their side yard, which was in our front yard I had to look at every day.

"oh gee! someone burnt the boat down, must have been some homeless bum with his bottle of spirits, must have been an accident..."

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ugh... So creepy. Our neighbor was peeking through the slats of our barn wall, and vigorously... Well, you get it...
edit on 3-9-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's the thing. I'm getting tired of this. I just want to live near normal people. Is that really impossible???
I don't want to sue, I don't want to fight. I just want to do my little thing and let them do theirs. Why
must people always push it. I don't understand.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ugh... So creepy. Our neighbor was peeking through the slats of our barn wall vigorously... Well, you get it...

You shouldn't have moved, you should have gotten a doberman or rotty

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Ugh... So creepy. Our neighbor was peeking through the slats of our barn wall vigorously... Well, you get it...

You shouldn't have moved, you should have gotten a doberman or rotty

Ha, yeah well... We're workin folk. We have a cat for the rodents and bugs but can't invest the time for a dog. Not in a way that'd be fair for the dog anyway...

ETA: the cats attack me all the time. That's how I know they're ready for service.
edit on 3-9-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

this helps show what the issue is. No egress on the lot line between us.

The land owner would need to get a permit to move the legally designated egress. I dont know what time zone your in, is the county offices or city offices open where the permits are issued call them before they close to day or in the morning when they open up. Contractors can't dig utilities without permits designating where the work is done.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

That's the thing. I'm getting tired of this. I just want to live near normal people. Is that really impossible???

It's pretty darn rare. Worst neighbors I ever had ran a meth lab and stole gas from everyone (even cutting the hoses when they couldn't siphon.) They had screaming matches in the night a couple times a week. Sounds like you had it good for a while, and I'm sorry it might get shaken up.

If you can't score some Havidol then be sure to try some extra strength Damitol.

edit on 3-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I feel ya...sad. We once had a neighbour who would always be doing metal work at all hours grinding and cutting metal. Our fences were low corrugated fibro./asbestos type. We were living in dense suburbia multi dwelling. Few tress so sound echoed badly. One evening I had had enough and grabbed a broomstick and banged it close to where he was working....he "sh*t" his pants and came over later screaming he could have chopped his leg or bled out and died by me startling him.

I said...do you think its fair we cant enjoy our peace at all hours? He threatened to go to the police but nothing came of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Good advice. I know the people at the permit office and will give them a call tomorrow.

The other big question I need to find out. How close can underground utilities be put next to another property.
I thought there were space requirements.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Go to your county/state property parcel website and pull the legal descriptions for your parcel and the neighbor's parcel. There may be a utility easement along the shared property line, in which case there's nothing you can do so long as they stay within the utility easement. If there's not a utility easement, find a PLS (Land Surveyor) to at least survey the property line. If they find the neighbor is on your property, try to alert the neighbor to this first and see if they alter their plans. If they do not, then go lawyer up.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Probably a balloon filled with bleach would have done wonders for his peeping eyes

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Unfortunately that is the immediate best option. Expensive but save heaps in the long run.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Unfortunately that is the immediate best option. Expensive but save heaps in the long run.

Part of it is something every land owner should already do every year or two, that being obtain the current legal description for their property. Mistakes can and have been made on those documents routinely and the trouble is greatly magnified the longer the mistake sits unnoticed. You actually can find yourself in a case of adverse possession after a certain amount of time, in which the offending neighbor has been over the property line enough years to legally claim the portion of your property they're on as their own.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Go to your county/state property parcel website and pull the legal descriptions for your parcel and the neighbor's parcel. There may be a utility easement along the shared property line, in which case there's nothing you can do so long as they stay within the utility easement. If there's not a utility easement, find a PLS (Land Surveyor) to at least survey the property line. If they find the neighbor is on your property, try to alert the neighbor to this first and see if they alter their plans. If they do not, then go lawyer up.

Yes I already looked at our property parcel website, no easement there only on the opposite sides. They have already marked the property line with survey stakes, which I believe is accurate from what I remember in the past. Unfortunately, after I talk to the permit office tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: sine.nomine

Probably a balloon filled with bleach would have done wonders for his peeping eyes

Nah, lol. I'm WAAAY more confrontational than that. We moved quickly for a number of legal reasons. A bullet would've passed between his eyes if he didn't get so damn lucky on his timing.

That said, I'm a pretty nice guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's pretty darn rare. Worst neighbors I ever had ran a meth lab and stole gas from everyone (even cutting the hoses when they couldn't siphon.) They had screaming matches in the night a couple times a week. Sounds like you had it good for a while, and I'm sorry it might get shaken up.

If you can't score some Havidol then be sure to try some extra strength Damitol.

I've had some TERRIBLE neighbors, and some great ones.
I have never had it like this, where everyone has been great....until now...

Worst neighbor was a stalker. He knew every action my husband and I did. I think he had a camera that watched us. Super super creepy.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

OK, there is one other avenue you can take which wouldn't cost you anything. Utility companies approve the connections, including routing, from their distribution connection to the outside connection to the home/business. His contractor has to obtain and maintain a utility permit to successfully establish the connection. In other words, if you find the utility line is crossing into your property, contact the utility company, ask to speak to the engineer in charge of permits, and explain your case to them. The utility company *should* send someone out to verify the line is on the proper side of the property line (note one side of the trench itself may violate the property line, and the utility company will likely care not... we're talking the line, itself here) and they may be upstanding with you and refuse the permit until the line is moved fully onto the neighbor's property.

ETA: You have a third option here, too. Get out there and build a fence 6" inside the property line on your side. Then there's zero question of who is on the wrong side and if the neighbor's work violated the fenceline, you have a court case in which you can also seek compensation for any legal fees related to the case.
edit on 3-9-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: visitedbythem
PS, you do not want to be overly friendly with that guy. He will be over at your house daily, and suggest your spouse stay away from his. Be cordial, but not open to chum with them

That isn't a problem since we both think he is crazy already.

So does he have a wife, and have you met her?

Yes, she didn't say a word.. not a word.

He will be very controlling. She will be friendly with you later, but Ill bet she is a weirdo in her own way, and Ill bet she latches on you in time, and want to be best friends

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Can I just say I love this site!
The amount of sound, logical advice I've gotten is amazing.

-talk directly with pokerface- check
-talk to permit office
-call electric utility company
-call lawyer

If all else fails, bleach balloon.... Just kidding!

ETA: You have a third option here, too. Get out there and build a fence 6" inside the property line on your side. Then there's zero question of who is on the wrong side and if the neighbor's work violated the fenceline, you have a court case in which you can also seek compensation for any legal fees related to the case.

I've actually thought about the fence thing. It would look very odd there but I've considered having some boulders placed, or other very large hard to move, and/or expensive items there. Maybe a statue or plant some big bushes or something. Something very defined and very much my side your side type of thing.

I'm also going to have a camera pointed there at all times.

edit on 3-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join