It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Filling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I was recently forced to shanghai some Pop-Tarts (don't ask.) Strawberry. And maaaaaan those things were DRY! Gotta let em marinate in some milk or coffee to make them edible.

It reminded me of Fig Newtons. Those things are all newton and no fig.

Why can't companies get it right? We want MORE fig and LESS newton! It's so obvious! Do it with more filling! Nom nom nom.

I'm also looking at you Hostess Cupcakes. The shy offering of cream in your chocolate bomb disgusts me!

Oreo figured it out...

Why hasn't there ever been double-stuffed Pop-Tarts? One of these days I'm going to perform surgery on a few pop-tarts and show em what for. That'll turn a few heads at Kellogg's.

Why is it that companies can't figure out what people actually like about their products and turn it UP!

What else seems like an obvious seller, but doesn't exist?

edit on 1-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Get a bean burrito at a 7/11, there's your fillin...

and a Bud lite to wash it down with.

edit on 1-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

My wife has made homemade poptarts...been decades since I ate an actual pop tart.

Pick up some pastry dough (or make it) Use your own Jam, or store bought, lay down a sheet. Plop a liberal supply of jam every so many inches. lay another sheet over the top. cut and run a crimper over the edges.

Put on parchment paper on a cookie sheet, slap in the oven
edit on 1-9-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Companies are trying to save money, yet charge you the same or more for their products. They think we're stupid and don't know what they have been up to.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This might be a DYI solution. Make a toasted PB&J minus the PB. Smuckers orange marmalade would be my choice between a couple slices of Bimbo.

Or wrap the Jam up in a tortilla and deep fry it.

They should make poptarts with cheddar cheese for the more adults among us.
edit on 1-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join