It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough babies being born

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The sad thing is that if we actually made coming up with that technology before another country did a priority we could actually lead the world into this new era, reap the profit and maintain our dominate standing in the world instead of being dragged kicking and screaming while letting another country take the dominate role. But, you ain't gonna be cramming people into little tiny homes and still maintain a population size needed to have a country. People will just opt not to reproduce first, more than they are now. I could get along fine in that little space, but throw in a husband and a kid or two, na, no thank you, those kids would be bouncing off the walls.

You can't rush tech, it is coming as fast as it can, but then how do you stop other countries that are going in the wrong direction such as China that is about equal to the rest of the world combined in pollution, CO2, plastics in the ocean etc

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Personally I think its because of the advent of feminism and the push of the gay movement to become social norms. The 1960's peace movement initiated the push for pacifism, sex, drugs and rock and roll. Those tumultuous times got everything rolling.

This link shows the decline beginning in 1956 in observance of the birthrate figures.

Live Births and Birth Rates, by Year
edit on 3-9-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Please don't anyone get offended or mad by what I say, but honestly you'd think after centuries of the poor over breeding mostly in 3rd world countries as well as those who are brain washed into having child after child for no real purpose by/for their "religion" would actually stop, question and THINK about what they're doing and why, especially when there is SO much information out there concerning what people in First World countries already know, and who can plainly see the forthcoming burden not just for pockets of the poor and their hungry children, but for the ENTIRE WORLD and have actually taken the situation to heart and stopped reproducing at breakneck speeds and in unaffordable numbers!

You can forgive ignorance, but when religion (or even just plain ole boredom) openly and unabashedly pushes people into over breeding by banning birth control to satisfy its nefarious demands in that it (one take on their "secret" reasoning) equates to people + MORE people = more money in their coffers...now THAT'S totally unacceptable, let alone deigned as acceptable God-like action. If it was there wouldn't be such a thing as "minimum" wage, we'd ALL be making MILLIONS and donating all over the place! One instance concerning child bearing I remember reading several years back was about a few bishops from a church in S Africa who (on behalf of their church) were traveling around actively telling people in the worst areas known for huge AIDS populations to STOP using condoms because "that's BIRTH CONTROL"! The epitome of criminal irresponsibility.

I'm glad there are responsible people taking the situation with hunger and over population to heart and doing their bit to stop its spread, but the premise and argument for convincing people to take on their part and due responsibility to the entire world seems to have escaped a WHOLE LOT of them....

Ah well...if the whole world hasn't imploded maybe by midway through this century humanity as a whole will wake up and do what's right for each other and civilization as a whole....

Ya think?

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Perhaps if it weren't so expensive to have children more people would have them .

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Can't we make the robots have babies this is so tiresome.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScrazzleBerry3
Please don't anyone get offended or mad by what I say, but honestly you'd think after centuries of the poor over breeding mostly in 3rd world countries as well as those who are brain washed into having child after child for no real purpose by/for their "religion" would actually stop, question and THINK about what they're doing and why, especially when there is SO much information out there concerning what people in First World countries already know, and who can plainly see the forthcoming burden not just for pockets of the poor and their hungry children, but for the ENTIRE WORLD and have actually taken the situation to heart and stopped reproducing at breakneck speeds and in unaffordable numbers!

You can forgive ignorance, but when religion (or even just plain ole boredom) openly and unabashedly pushes people into over breeding by banning birth control to satisfy its nefarious demands in that it (one take on their "secret" reasoning) equates to people + MORE people = more money in their coffers...now THAT'S totally unacceptable, let alone deigned as acceptable God-like action. If it was there wouldn't be such a thing as "minimum" wage, we'd ALL be making MILLIONS and donating all over the place! One instance concerning child bearing I remember reading several years back was about a few bishops from a church in S Africa who (on behalf of their church) were traveling around actively telling people in the worst areas known for huge AIDS populations to STOP using condoms because "that's BIRTH CONTROL"! The epitome of criminal irresponsibility.

I'm glad there are responsible people taking the situation with hunger and over population to heart and doing their bit to stop its spread, but the premise and argument for convincing people to take on their part and due responsibility to the entire world seems to have escaped a WHOLE LOT of them....

Ah well...if the whole world hasn't imploded maybe by midway through this century humanity as a whole will wake up and do what's right for each other and civilization as a whole....

Ya think?

Those pesky hungry people. You see the human body is amazing. When a woman's body gets low enough on body fat and its put into a "starvation mode".. she stops having menses and doesnt ovulate. SOme reason we give them JUUUUUUST enough food not to sustain them, but to get them ovulating and having more babies to starve or barely exist ( and be at the peanut butter and rice gods' mercy). I think its wholly cruel to throw food at the starvation issue.. as soulless as one can get. Now it is totally out of control and first worlders are trapped under the strain of what WE have done.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Can't we make the robots have babies this is so tiresome.

Oh I agree.. make robots have the damned babies!!! I still like the "making" part of the whole thing. Im sure there is some nifty robowomb or zygote extraction laser that the area 51 butt cheek clappers could find and share though.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

You doubtless know because CNN told you so.

I get it, its politically correct to hate white people. Whatever.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Perhaps if it weren't so expensive to have children more people would have them .

Children are a poor person's 401-K.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Reducing population is a good thing, but it needs to be done on a worldwide level, not just here in the US, where it's not nearly as densely populated as areas like India. We are consuming too much and the resources won't last forever. Certain ocean fish populations have been reduced by as much as 50% in just the last few decades and that's just one thing.

Modern medicine means we should have less kids. In the past you had to have alot because many wouldn't make it to adulthood, but that's no longer the case, so put a damn wrapper on it, people.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Yup...this kind of thing REALLY does make one wonder what the heck is in our food...what's being sprayed over our amber waves of grain and then goes into our bodies. Thanks in part to Monsanto...just to mention one evil doer!!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Billions of people here already. A small break from procreation might lessen the strain on resources.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Two,
Four,
Six,
Eight!

Let's all begin to procreate!

"Hey baby. Survival of the species is everybody's business."
edit on 9/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Two,
Four,
Six,
Eight!

Let's all begin to procreate!

"Hey baby. Survival of the species is everybody's business."

Having observed you for as many years as I have... Im pretty sure you reproduce asexually. You just cleave off a piece and it starts growing arms. Pretty soon those pieces youve been biologically littering all over the place get internet access, get accounts at ATS and follow you around singing your praises. Thats deranged.
edit on 4-9-2019 by Advantage because: forgot an "f"

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It worked for a while. But the praises has faded somewhat.

Gonna have to come up with a new method.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It worked for a while. But the praises has faded somewhat.

Gonna have to come up with a new method.

Cash and/or intimidation always work.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'm not into intimidation.

Do you have a paypal account?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have never really believed in the notion the population was out of control, or there were too many people on Earth. There are parts of Earth where there are no people at all, so it seemed to me that the distribution of people ie: where they resided and in how many numbers was the issue.

As a woman, I had children early. It's hard because my husband had to slave his guts out and now I'm returning to work so that he can have a break. But it's hard to re-enter the workforce this way as I was a stay at home mother. I have to study, retrain and start at the bottom. Which is fine. But a lot of workplaces give you jobs that teenagers can do, not mature women who aren't as flexible or have such ease of movement.

I'm getting a job because my husband works in a high risk environment and if something were to happen to him, my children and he would need me as back up. I'm trying to protect us all as well if hubby decides he'd like to get a less stressful job, then it's fine.

I don't think feminism is to blame for falling population. It's actually hard for women to have babies. They have to study or get a job straight away just to survive. Children are expensive. Plus, there's the toll on a woman's body....after three children, I have physical issues that are onlyrelated to having children and I wouldn't have these issues if I'd never gotten pregnant. I won't go into details, but these are not nice problems. I have trouble bending down/crouching a lot of the time.

I think women and men will have as many children as they can handle. I think when the government interferes and puts in place programs, it screws around with the natural order of things and they should just keep away from it all.

My third child was born with slight genital abnormalities. No more children after that. I was young, too. But my first child is extremely clever, no physical problems and it was during my hippy years of veggie juices, no processed foods at all, and really building up my health.

having children in today's world is a massive undertaking. Basically, I was young and I had to bring them up without grandparents as such because one set told me straight out they weren't babysitters and never spent any time with our kids, and the other side were alcoholics. My hubby worked all the time. I tried working and putting them into childcare. They would get rashes, anxiety, and behaviour problems. Just wanting to be home, the doc said, and not liking that they were no longer with me during the day. I took my role as a mother seriously, but everyone has their failings.

It's not just expense. It's the fact that whoever (mother/father) stays home must put their life on hold, which is fine, but they still need retirement money, they still need to plan for their future. If both parents work, the care is outsourced and the costs keep rising. Parents spend less time with their children.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Personally I think its because of the advent of feminism and the push of the gay movement to become social norms.

The widespread marketing of safe and effective birth control in the 60s was probably a factor, as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I think you’re right on that point.

The economics of the situation does not allow for people to have kids like they used to.

In many countries there is a problem in towns away from big cities because young people do not want to live there and populations are dwindling. Plenty of population in big cities but living expenses are high.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join