It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Dorian: Bahamas braces for category five storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I spy with my little eye , something beginning with H .

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hurricane Dorian has become a category five storm and is expected to hit the Bahamas with devastating winds and very heavy rainfall. The "extremely dangerous" storm is expected to slam the north-west of the island chain on Sunday, the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said, before making landfall on the US east coast. Grand Bahama residents have been evacuating from its predicted path. The storm surge could be as high as 15ft (4.6m), officials warned.

Dorian's wind speeds put the storm among the most dangerous in recent history. Forecasters warned that it could be the worst to hit the south-eastern US coast since the category five Hurricane Andrew killed 65 people and destroyed 63,000 homes in 1992.

Category five hurricanes, with winds of at least 157mph, are extremely rare .

Dorian's exact path remained uncertain but millions were at risk, as well as holiday attractions such as Walt Disney World and President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.

Also look at this crazy link www.bbc.co.uk...

"Nuclear weapons and hurricanes don't mix, NOAA advises" Did Trump say or not say he wanted the see if you could nuke a hurricane ?

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Great. I was just joking about him being dumb enough to nuke a hurricane a few days ago, NOW one is headed for his golf resort. Somebody take the button away from him.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRegent

I day camped at Sebastian Inlet once, my Son & his Son went surfing there last spring on a weekend tournament, Mako M has the Team-Mako brand, ok for an 11 year old eh ?

I got eerie feeling about the spot...& the name Sebastian always rang 'Dark' to my psyche...

rescheduled my VA clinic medical appointment from 3 Sep to 10 Sept --->> to try & avoid the traffic congestion & winds/rain

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Great. I was just joking about him being dumb enough to nuke a hurricane a few days ago, NOW one is headed for his golf resort. Somebody take the button away from him.

Can't take something one don't have.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

"Nuclear weapons and hurricanes don't mix, NOAA advises" Did Trump say or not say he wanted the see if you could nuke a hurricane ?

And here is my 999th reply to this foolishness
The idea of nuking hurricanes has been around since the 60s.
Know why they determined it was not feasible ?
Hurricanes would not even feel it.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRegent

Looks like part of the Bahamas was hit really hard. All kinds of weather experts are chiming in today blaming manmade global warming for stronger hurricanes.

It's pretty arrogant to take a 100 year slice of time, out of millions of years of Earth's existence, and confidently state that "this is the worst its ever been".

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The official death toll is still 50, but 1300 people are still missing in the Bahamas.

top topics

join