It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would U Do ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I am going to describe a hypothetical scenario that could possibly occur in a public place you are in and would like to hear how you would likely respond to such an event.

With your kids in tow, off to the store you go to pick up a few things. As you are walking the aisles picking out items you notice the store is a hustle of activity at the moment, a tad busy. As you enter the next aisle your daughter goes to one end to grab some grape juice while you scavage the coffee shelf. A moment of looking passes when you hear a lady behind you say excuse me. You peer to your right and see a shopping cart stacked with boxes and packages left by an employee in the middle of the aisle. You push yourself closer to the shelf you are looking at to provide space for the lady needing to pass by, she has plenty of space to pass. As you wait for her to pass by you continue to look at the coffees in front of you as your nose practically smushes into the shelf. You feel a swoosh behind you and suddenly you turn your head seeing if the way is clear for you to step back a smidgen and at that exact moment you see the lady barge forward dead center with her cart and with a loud crash ram into that cart you saw in the middle of the aisle. As your immediate shock starts to lift, you remember your daughter further down that aisle and look to be sure she is a safe distance from the oncoming cart this lady has pushed astray. The lady then stops almost directly behind your daughter so you make your way down the aisle to be next to your daughter in fear of what this lady's intentions might be next. You are now kinda in shock at her hostile behavior and see an employee approaching the cart and laughing telling the lady she is all good. You are left with your heart racing, shaking and having a sudden onrush of anxiety and kinda astonished at the apparent appraisal of the employee toward this lady who exhibited extreme hostile behavior suddenly for no apparent reason.

How would you react in this situation ?

How would you expect the store/employees to react to this situation ?

Would you ever shop at this location again ?

Is this just an act of shopping cart rage or could it be a form terrorism ?

leolady

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

This is cut-and-dry shopping cart terrorism. Never shop there again phrumph!

edit on 1-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Obviously terrorism...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

"What the hell. You might have hit my daughter with that cart. Next time could you please be a little more careful?"

That's what I would have said. And if she had more to say about it, I too, would also have had more to say.

Sometimes people NEED TO HEAR IT.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wheres the rant? - all i see is winging about a lady crashing a cart.

Whats your actual problem here that your ranting about?

That way i can agree or disagree with you.

What should have happened?

Your clearly pissed but about what?
edit on 1-9-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

How would I react? I'd say " Wait your turn you ole bat." Real reaction: I'd step to the other side of the isle to let her pass.
Store employee: " Sorry ma'am had to show some loser where the tuna fish was." Real response: Same.
Cart rage/ terrorism: Only time shopping cart rage comes in is when you get the squeaky cart or the one with the flat tires. This was very clearly terrorism.

edit on 1-9-2019 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

A couple of things. I think you are justified in be angry at being afraid your daughter might have got hurt by this lady. And your anger is compounded by you being mad at yourself for allowing the situation to happen in the first place. I think you need to just breath and concentrate on the fact nothing really bad happened. Just breath in and out until all your fear and anxiety leaves your body. Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out. Relax. It's over.

The other thing is let's talk about the woman. Here's the way I see the woman. People have all kinds of health issues. I don't know what may have caused this woman not to see the cart front of her and her crashing into it. But for me personally, I've had Lyme disease and now I have a permanent eye defect that causes me to have vertical double vision sometimes when I look to the left. There are certain situations where bad stuff happens because my vision is effed up. Now I have no idea what this woman's problem is. All I am saying is people have all kinds of issues. I'm not sure just assuming everyone is perfectly healthy and this woman was being malicious is the only explanation for her irrational behavior. I try to be forgiving of people since I am so effed up.

edit on 1-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Terrorists you say? Only one solution bomb the hell out of the place the. Buy it up cheap later

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I wouldn't have said anything to her because if she's crazy, it could have escalated, and the child is right there. They'd be in the middle of whatever argument or brouhaha broke out.

However, I would talk to my child about staying next to me in the store.... abductions can happen quickly. If the kid wouldn't obey, then it's time for a leash, leaving the kid at home with someone else while shopping, delivery or pickup if your store offers it.

edit on 1-9-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I would react the same way i always do, when being annoyed by an idiot, yell at them, increasing the volume as i go, implicating the person is at risk of physical injury, without using words or movements that (if recorded) could possibly be used against me in a court of law.

But you had a kid with you, so not recommended.
edit on 1-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I would react the same way i always do, when being annoyed by an idiot, yell at them, increasing the volume as i go, implicating the person is at risk of physical injury, without using words or movements that (if recorded) could possibly be used against me in a court of law.

But you had a kid with you, so not recommended.

Obviously the correct response was to start throwing things at the woman from off the shelf.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So the lady pushed her cart into a parked one?

I recently quit my grocery store after they introduced robots, there were a lot of other problems there but that was the final straw for me. It has been great, I found a much nicer store with great products, wide aisles and most of all, no robots!

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I want to hear "The Lady's" version.

edit on 1-9-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

"How would you react in this situation ?"

I would ensure the safety of the kid and everything else is irrelevant when compared to that.

"How would you expect the store/employees to react to this situation ?"

I don't know... But i wouldn't expect any laughing.

"Would you ever shop at this location again ?"

Most likely i would tell to myself that i would never shop here again. Then i would shop there at some point if it is the easiest choice for me.

"Is this just an act of shopping cart rage or could it be a form terrorism ?"

This is an act of shopping cart rage, which most likely is a manifestation of other mental health issues. No comments about the terrorism, you already know this yourself.

edit on 1-9-2019 by Finspiracy because: obvious comma mistake

edit on 1-9-2019 by Finspiracy because: And a typo...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why, as usual.....I reverse donkey kick her cart to a new direction......

Block her young azz with my hypothetical bum.....

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Next time, call 9-1-1. Shopping whilst drunk is unlawful. All you had to do is tell the 911 operator that your child was in danger. Snap a picture of the offending neanderthal so when the cops show up you have an identification of the perpetrator. Don't back down...

(illegal is a sick bird)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I wouldn’t have expected the employee to have done more than he did. He isn’t security so I don’t see what he could have said to her that could have ended well for him. It’s probably best for his job that he laughed it off.

Sometimes to deal with crazy actions you either have to ignore it or become the crazier of the two.

My mother had a woman behind her in line count how many items was in moms grocery cart and then proceeded to complain that she had 21 items and shouldn’t be in the 20 items or less isle. My mother looked her dead in the eyes and told her to “mind your own g’damned business!” Both the lady and the cashier didn’t have another word to say, nor would they look at her. My mom can quickly become the crazier of the two.

Unless you were prepared to engage this lady in combat, she was clearly having a bad day, or maybe just a bitch, either way I’m not sure what you think you could have done to lessen the tension without it escalating further.
Be glad you are not her or have the problems she is probably dealing with to make her that way.

If she would have hit your child then momma bear would have kicked in and this story would be ending way differently. Just be happy it didn’t come to that and you didn’t have to run the ladies head down the canned goods.

This is not a reason to stop shopping that store unless you really feel they could have done anything to stop her from ramming the cart in the first place. The store can not control all of the shoppers, they can call the police, but other than that what do you expect them to do?
edit on 1-9-2019 by TheLieWeLive because: cnat splel

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well, the big question is...did she point a "finger gun" at you???

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Next time, call 9-1-1. Shopping whilst drunk is unlawful. All you had to do is tell the 911 operator that your child was in danger. Snap a picture of the offending neanderthal so when the cops show up you have an identification of the perpetrator. Don't back down...

(illegal is a sick bird)

Consider this was anyone hurt? Was any harm done to anyone or anything? What exactly do you imagine the cops would do?

“Hello yes I’d like report a drunk terrorist potentially mowing people down with a shopping cart on isle 2 of Walmart, she is saying excuse me before she does so though” LMAO

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join