It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Pulled The Plug On My ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well actually they killed the phone and Internet for me and about 100 of my neighbours. For a WEEK! They say they are investigating a fire in the neighbourhood. Sounds fishy, but that´s what my phone/ISP tells me. The fire destroyed some kind of connection and they are not allowed to fix it until the police are done investigating. Pisses me off bigtime, but what can I do? I´m one of the lucky ones who can access ATS from work. But I have to wait a couple of more days to get it at home...
:shk:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was actually in the middle of typing up a post for ATS, when I suddenly got blasted off the internet. It made me wonder for a second if I´ve revealed too much information about something...

I´m lucky to have a cellphone. I feel sorry for those of my neighbours who don´t have one right now.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I can't understand why that has anything to do with investigating a suspicious fire.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't see the connection between the fire and the phone line unless the fire started in a phone line. Really odd.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Heh, I hope you get compensated for that. Welcome back Hellmutt.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks,
I still haven´t got my internet and phone back.

The police are not longer preventing the technicians to access the "trouble-zone", but they still can´t fix it. They say "the problem is so hard to find". It´s been 12 days now. I just had 7 days off from work, wheee... Back to the stoneage. Got a lot of things done, that´s the positive effect from not having internet. Read some books, etc... Hopefully I will get phone/internet at home during this week. And yes, I do believe I should get some compensation for this. The worst thing is knowing there might be a pyromaniac in my neighbourhood. Makes me worry ´bout my cat which is home alone. And today (just when I left home) the police were raiding my neighbour´s house.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Guess what? It still doesn´t work. This is sabotage!
I´m gonna have a week off from work again now.
7 days of reading books again.

At least they´ve promised me now that I don´t have to pay for the time it doesn´t work.
I don´t mind paying at all.
IF I COULD ONLY GET MY ATS BACK ON MY HOME PC!

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Bo! are the babylonians doing bad mojo on you, friend? I heard that You STILL haven't got the infrastructure anno 200* up and running at your gates!?! That is bloodfever, mon! Respect! Stir it up!

Are the funnymen pulling your leg, or are the stupid christian conspiratories with their religious hollidays making people leave their jobs, so things can't get fixed??

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey Ayatollah,
You´re right. They still haven´t fix it. It took them some time to figure it out, but now they "think they found the reason". The water from the firemen´s hoses supposedly went into the ground where it froze and broke my cableconnection. They have to do some digging when they get back from Easter holidays (!!). That´s what they told me anyway. I think they are full of it. Too bad they have monopoly on this thing here in this country. They can really be mean if they want to. Wednesday 2nd March I lost it. On wednesday there will be a one month anniversary-party at my house. Bring yer laptops with satellite connection...

If you happen to know a cure against voodoo, please speak up...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What is happening here?
Aren't you living in Denmark?

What kind of business do they run in your neighbourhood?
The holidays are over now, unless they all of the sudden converted to a new silly form of religion...

I have never heard about anyone being without comlinks this long, dude.
This must be a strain to the old ticker! Are you still with us?

edited silly typo

[edit on 31-3-2005 by Ulvetann]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I´m here... barely... from work... Still no Phone or ADSL at home...

They have "silenced" me very effectively. It´s been over 4 weeks now. I´m starting to think I might have to move to get a phoneline and internet again. I live outside the city, in nomansland, redneck-country. No internet café nearby my home...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My paranoia tells me that you have been singled out in some kind of surveillance experiment!

They cut you off the net, to see if they were able to locate you, and connect your real name and adress to your activities on the net, by tagging your ats-nick to their "problems".

By flaming those incompetent, rednecked, nogood, TDC workers with their toolbelts on their knees, and buttcracks over their ears. They have provoced/fooled you to let them figure out your nick. They got you, man, they got you good this time!
Shut down your system. Wipe your disks! activate the apartment incinerator!
Run! RUN! Jeez, hope it's not to late! Peace man, peace! POLICEVIOLENCE!!! Sue them!

See you on the flipside!

Edited because of stress

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Ulvetann]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Svartedauen og Lyn og Torden!!

They just finnished digging and went home again. They didn´t fix the problem and now they say they will come back on wednesday to do some more digging. WEDNESDAY! It will be 5 weeks provided they´ll manage to fix it on wednesday... They´re BS-ing me, I knew it. We´ve also experienced internet-problems at work. Now they try to silence me from work too... :shk:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Halleluja!
I`m back in business (from home).
Incredible... I`m still a bit dizzy... I can`t believe it just yet...
I was looking forward to another week in misery and darkness.
Now I have a million emails to download instead...

This calls for a celibration...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I just went without internet connection for nearly 24 hours, and I can say I nearly went mad, I sat there glaring at a blank firefox window for hours and hours....went and got something to eat...and then continued the glaring at the blank firefox screen

How you dealt with it all, I'll never know

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I went 3 days without my internet working. :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Perish the thought that there might just have been a real complaint.

Of course, there's no such thing, right?

Anything that possibly affects our convenience must naturally be a conspiracy.

:bnghd:

(If you've ever worked on - or even loosely investigated - how various city/state/local repairs work, you'll see that what's happened here isn't unusual, by any definition of the word. It IS interesting though, to see how paranoid we become upon losing access to the Internet or our telephones. Try living in the countryside sometime? I spent over a year in a teeny part of the countryside in England, which had phone service maybe 50% of the time. Internet service? Hah! It was perfect...for about two months. Then it was pretty much out of service for the entire time. That's not even touching on the oddly random service - and lack thereof - that affect many parts of Pennsylvania from time to time...and probably every other state. Paranoid? Of course not. Frustrated? Heck yes. But there's no conspiracy. There's no need for a conspiracy. D'ya really think this lil ole' website is a serious threat?! Come on)

[edit on 14-6-2005 by Tinkleflower]

top topics

join