It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace restored;- Coming home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I told you- it's a serious theological discussion (in which you are free to argue that the quoted texts actually mean something else), and that's how theology works. If you don't like theology, the site also has a Philosophy forum.

edit on 31-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There's one problem here. The day of Jezreel prophecy of Hosea. In the prophecy it was predicted that Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But the kicker is verse 6-2 which gives us the timeframe of the prophecy.

Hosea 6
1Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2nd Peter 3
“But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”

Put simply something happened in the first century AD to trigger the 2000 year curse part of this prophecy. So looking at the Gospels and the curse of Malachi in Malachi 4 I can only draw this conclusion.

The Death of John the Baptist was a much bigger deal than anyone realized. It was supposed to be 3 or possibly 4 messiahs in the first century AD. The Lord, his two branches of Zechariah or messengers of Malachi, and Elijah the Prophet. Elijah could have been a branch but the prophesies are not clear on that.

Anyway per the Gospel of Matthew Jesus Christ didn't start speaking in parables until part way through his ministry. Also he gives us the Fig Tree parables. And the parable of the traveler in Matthew 25. The answer to these parables? The day of Jezreel prophecy.

And another thing here. Romans 11.

Paul clearly understood that Israel had triggered a curse. And that Christianity was meant to be a way around it.

So the conclusion you are drawing is incorrect. The Apocalypse of Daniel 9 and the 70 weeks actually never ended. It was extended 2000 years by the curse of Malachi.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech
It's not clear which of my conclusions you're challenging, but the one at the end of the post you're replying to was "the eschatological Return of Israel has not taken place". Are you arguing that it has taken place?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The people of Israel are supposed to be Gods chosen people.......
Why do they suppose that God made a mistake when forming a human penis?

Personality, if I were God I would find it rather offensive.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Not related to the topic of the thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Israel was the name guven to Jacob.... after he wrestled with the angel.

I don't believe that Israel was referring to a country in the bible.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This thread uses "Israel" to refer to the people, which is what the Old Testament does (naming after the ancestor).

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Israel was the name guven to Jacob.... after he wrestled with the angel. I don't believe that Israel was referring to a country in the bible.Text

Jacob wrestled with the angel and demanded a blessing. But before he could receive a blessing he must be given a name because his name meant liar, cheater, usurper and could not be blessed with that name. God then changed his name to Israel which means God Contends or contends to fight. Then the blessing was given as to a man and to a nation of tribes. This was the third covenant given to the Sumerian/Hebrews from Abram/Abraham and son Isaac.

When the nation of Hebrew tribes were divided, they were distinguished by names of Israel and Judah. As you can understand Israel can mean the nation of Hebrew tribes unified or divided or as in Jesus day unified. Today no one calls Israel Jacob. In Jesus' day no one called Israel Jacob and even divided Israel was not called Jacob. So in most all references Israel was and is known as a nation of tribes.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Christians should only be interested in the spiritual sense. For “the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life”.

Do that mean that they should open their spiritual senses to the max so that they can try to download the objective truth from the spiritual realm ant try to integrate it in their consciousness instead of listening to half measures in the bible?

Sounds like a push for awareness/experience based spiritualism instead of following blindly. First time I found something Paul wrote that sounds awareness based.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Paul recommends elsewhere the guidance of the Holy Spirit of God;
"And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who possess the Spirit". 1 Corinthians ch2 v13.
But this is not about using the Spirit instead of the written word. Rather, it's about following the guidance of the Spirit in reading the written word.

The point is that the most literal meaning of words isn't always the best guide to the intended meaning ("She lost her head and went to pieces")
edit on 31-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You do know the only reason Israel was taken by Nebuchadnezzar is not because of external enemies around them, but from them not doing as God commanded them. There enemies were allowed to take them only because they didn't want to fight the internal battles.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
The bible is all about 'internal' battles.

It points to there being no inside.... and no outside.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Granted. I won't want to disagree with that. Though the fact remains that these were people who wanted to do Israel a disservice.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Also the Bible is 75% negative. Not a positive motivation book that is for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join