It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Lunar Rover Has Found Something Weird on the Far Side of the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Its those damned holiday caravaners dumping their porta-loo's everywhere they go.

Don't laugh

There is serious consideration given to a mission called LUNAR FECAL RECOVERY

would go back and recover the bags of excrement that the astronauts left on the moon

Want to see if bacteria could survive the lunar environment for 50 years

Talk about crappy job ..
edit on 30-8-2019 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Life finds a way.

Just don't bring it back here.
Seen to many movies to why it's a bad idea..

edit on 30-8-2019 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Steve McQueen Saturday Matinee gold.

a reply to: SeaWorthy

I've got a small sample of moldavite laying around here somewhere; a green one. Tektites come in other colors also and it sure sounds like what they may be describing. Probably lots of them on the Moon and they have just not ran into one before.
edit on 8/30/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
I wish NASA would of done this for a few (obviously not all) of the anomalies that we have seen on Mars.

NASA does it too, the team working with the rover decides to go back or change the planned course frequently, but, like in the Chinese case, they do not accept suggestions from the public.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

LOL Jordy Verrill you lunkhead

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My guess is 'gel-like' is a phrase that got a little lost in translation, and that it's something glassy.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I say five bucks on bearing oil, pouring from the interior of the moon?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Interesting story.

They better be careful, it could be Brainiac(Brain InterActive Construct) from Smallville. 😁😁

I'm surprised China released this much information. This means there's a lot more that they know but haven't released.

This shows that we're like Cavemen when it comes to space exploration. We can find exoplanets and take pictures of black holes but advances into going places and exploring are target rich backyard has been lacking.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

They're actually more open than people might think.

All of the imagery from their previous lunar probes are available to download in very high resolution, they're just a bit slow about it. There are probably several committees to pass through first!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Wait...have you ever seen "The Tingler"
CLASSIC Vincent Price.

But the Blob.... well that kept more people out of the theater than Jaws kept people out of the ocean.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide

This,

The team decided to change their plan and drive over to the area to investigate

I wish NASA would of done this for a few (obviously not all) of the anomalies that we have seen on Mars.

Well done the Chinese for being open to changing off course to have look at things of possible interest.

NASA might learn a thing or 2 from the Chinese.

BEEN there, done that. A LONG time before the Chinese.

NASA has nothing to "learn" from the Chinese. When they have sent probes to all the planets and landed on Mars multiple times with landers and Rovers, maybe then. I do agree that NASA should take a closer look at some of the weird stuff on Mars though.
edit on 31-8-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Interesting find

If the rover didn't cause the indentation in the image if that is where the material is perhaps material left behind from what did.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It's the Helium-3..!!

Now there's going to be a huge war for the surface of the moon..!!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Didn’t the Indians try and land there?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It seems certain that the Chinese scientists are familiar with natural glass created by meteorite impacts. Why call it gel- like, unless something about this strange substance contradicted the glass explanation? Moldavites and Libyan desert glass and typically green or yellow-green, and not transparent. Perhaps this Moon object was of a different color, and was transparent, as gels often are.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Look at that. More dirt, another photo that is blurry and another photo where I can't see to what they are referring. You all know we're being hoodwinked right? This is the same old crap that we've seen since 1969. Rocks, footprints and white dirt. There is so much more to space than that and I am pretty sure that we have a lot more technology that extends way past that stupid useless dirt ball that we keep looking at. We've seen the moon a million times and the photos (at least from NASA, CNSA, JAXA and other space agencies) and they're all the same. Move onto something else. This is hardly interesting unless you're a nerd with OCD and like looking at the same old crap over and over. They're just placating us and quite frankly it's a slap to the face of anyone with intelligence if they are trying to convince us that THIS is the zenith of our discoveries and potentials of our technology. Give me a break.
edit on 31-8-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
This is hardly interesting unless you're a nerd with OCD and like looking at the same old crap over and over.

Or you're a nerd without OCD that likes to look at things that, for those that know nothing about geology, looks the same old crap.

They're just placating us and quite frankly it's a slap to the face of anyone with intelligence if they are trying to convince us that THIS is the zenith of our discoveries and potentials of our technology. Give me a break.

I don't think they are trying to convince people that this is the "zenith of our discoveries and potentials of our technology", they are showing us what they can do with the resources they have.

Imagine what they could do with the resources of the military.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
5 bucks on alien poo.

Gol-dang ... came all that way and STILL don't know what a cat-hole is ...

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join