It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your "Social Credit Score"???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I live in the woods, with the wife, two cats, and deer that come beg at the door. We also feed birds, chippies, and a couple of rabbits. I am going to give one of the deer a poor social score, it left piles of poop in the middle of the yard, enough to fertilize a small garden.

So what is my social score? I do have lots of Doe and a few bucks around here, so I should have a good credit score as long as I keep feeding them. I talk to the animals so I should have a decent social score.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your social credit score may be low Ricky, but your survival score is high.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If you had a small garden then the poop it left was payment in kind.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well since I'm conservative and support Trump and gun rights, naturally my social credit score according to ultra left Google/Facebook/Twitter would be terrible.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Also, in a society where business's have so much control in politics, it's important to vote with your dollar/participation. Sometimes that has more of an impact than your ballot every 2/4 years.

This is soooooooooo true and sooooooooooo important and cannot be said enough.

Government -- via incorporation -- have created a back door to controlling the people and violating our rights in ways that they could not legally do under our Constitution. "Absolute" and "inalienable" rights are anything but when government empowers corporations to do their dirty work via legal fictional entities made up out of whole cloth.

There was a time when incorporation was temporary and for a very specific purpose with a limited scope, and only for the best interests of the greater good.

We need incorporation reform badly.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Yeah, I should move the poop out to the garden. My daughter was trying to get me to make a compost area, I just feed the stuff to the deer, that is the fastest way. Now if I could get them all to poop in an area by the garden, without eating everything in the garden, I would be happy.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's alarming to think that Amazon, who has a history of shoddy practices, will soon be one of the big tech companies involved in the "social credit score" apparatus. They have won the CIA cloud service bid, and are the most likely contender for the Pentagon cloud bid.

Worse, they have one of the biggest market shares in the smart device (can't remember the official term), and various law enforcement agencies have been using their facial recognition software.

While none of that may necessarily spell out wrong doing now, it certainly represents one of the largest brewing perfect storms IMO. That sort of relationship sets the stage for a company without accountability.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: InTheLight

Yeah, I should move the poop out to the garden. My daughter was trying to get me to make a compost area, I just feed the stuff to the deer, that is the fastest way. Now if I could get them all to poop in an area by the garden, without eating everything in the garden, I would be happy.

Chicken wire - farm woven wire fencing - is your best friend in this scenario - laid on the ground around the area.
edit on 18CDT10America/Chicago047101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

...in the smart device (can't remember the official term)...

Not to intrude, but do you mean IoT ("internet of things")?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

...in the smart device (can't remember the official term)...

Not to intrude, but do you mean IoT ("internet of things")?

You're not wrong.... But specifically Alexa virtual assistants. That data has already been used to convict crimes, and I imagine its being mined for their security ventures.

Soon they'll be seated heavily in voice and facial recognition... And have profiles for millions of people.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Been saying for years that technology will eventually be our demise. We outdo ourselves more everyday.

My social credit score to those people is probably a zero because I support Trump. I couldn't care less, I need those titbags as much as they need me. Supporting Trump and Law Enforcement in my region probably gives me a social credit score of 850 though.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

While none of that may necessarily spell out wrong doing now, it certainly represents one of the largest brewing perfect storms IMO. That sort of relationship sets the stage for a company without accountability.

And a government gone rogue without any accountability to the people. No doubt by design.

Amazon had a great idea: Provide anyone and everyone -- no matter what product they offer, no matter where they are, no matter who they are -- an open market to reach the whole world. It was brilliant. That's why it's so successful.

But they are now just tools of the government.

I'll confess that sometimes I look at Amazon, find what I want, and then find and order from the individual or company's private website....

Uh oh! There drops my social credit score even further!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I once did that and had to explain to my credit company, who stopped the transaction, as to why I didn't go through PayPal...talk about control (I had PayPal issues).

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Too true... at least if some have their way! But the simple truth is that those same people will not stop until we're all on our knees begging for scraps anyway.

So at what point does one take their stand? If not now, then when? If not me, then who?

Considering almost all Trump supporters work 40+ hours a week, it'll be hard to find the time to do something until we face that moment when we're asked to kneel and lose our careers over it when we refuse. Then we'll have time, then we'll stand up, then we'll win.

The demons called Antifa are unemployed and have time to run around demanding adherence from big blue city to big blue city. They're also protected by big blue city officials.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Do what the Chinese people are doing...protesting on the weekends...every weekend...non stop.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Wow. That's one helluva violation of your privacy and autonomy. That must have been quite the jolt to your senses. It sure was to mine just reading about it.

I guess I should be preparing myself for the same, eh? Or perhaps worse...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm not sure how it will work.

This morning for instance, going 50mph on the way to work and about 100 ft in front of me a big rig carrying gasoline starts to pull out in front of me... I'm not a morning person so I honk, flip him off, punch it and go around him.

On one hand he's driving a bomb, so he should really be more careful, also it's a pet peeve of mine when people drive with the intention "they'll be forced to stop", because no, no I won't.

On the other hand I was a dick.

Airing it all out, I think me and him would both be docked.

Damn dyslexia... At first glace, I read, "On the other dick, I was a hand."

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Wow. That's one helluva violation of your privacy and autonomy. That must have been quite the jolt to your senses. It sure was to mine just reading about it.

I guess I should be preparing myself for the same, eh? Or perhaps worse...

I could not figure out what was wrong at first. They also warned me not to order from the small American companies because I might get flim flammed (my words). They say this is for my protection.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Considering almost all Trump supporters work 40+ hours a week, it'll be hard to find the time to do something until we face that moment when we're asked to kneel and lose our careers over it when we refuse.

On the plus side, I truly believe that it is precisely because so many people are living their lives, being productive and responsible and pursuing their happiness on their own terms, that the SJWs and others have not yet won. These are the folks who don't have the time nor inclination for their crap.

Then we'll have time, then we'll stand up, then we'll win. The demons called Antifa are unemployed and have time to run around demanding adherence from big blue city to big blue city. They're also protected by big blue city officials.

And then the SJWs will learn to be careful what they wish for, eh?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I could not figure out what was wrong at first. They also warned me not to order from the small American companies because I might get flim flammed (my words). They say this is for my protection.

That just makes my blood boil. Protection my arse!!! And talking trash about small American companies? The very backbone of our economy and middle class??? Grrrrrrr.... I make a point to patronize such companies. The more local the better. And I'm going to continue to do so.

But thanks for the heads up. At least I know. I'm telling everyone I know too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join