It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Taiwan be Next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm really curious. Was Hong Kong merely an experiment? A little test. The real prize is something else. Something
China has salivated over. Something China does will not feel whole without... ..... .... Taiwan..

What will happen if China takes Taiwan and seizes control. Will the US do anything? Will that spark WWIII?
Some say China will take Taiwan back and it might be sooner than later, like 2020. That make for an interesting
political year.

www.voanews.com...

China Threatens Retaliation if US Sells F-16 Fighter Jets to Taiwan

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That situation has been increasing in tension, pretty much since the PRC started operating a real blue-water navy.

I think Taiwan's greatest danger is not an invasion from without but subversion from within. Mind, that is just my view ... but a PRC takeover would be much easier with help from a Fifth Column inside of Taiwanese society.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
We should offer Taiwan to become one of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.. Have a vote in Taiwan, make it legal in the eyes of international law. Now that would really piss the Chinese Communist Party off !! hahah

I really do like Taiwan and most of the people and food there !!

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Yes the real prize is something else - and that is total world domination by communists not just the chinese.

Communism is the real threat. (As it always has been)

Won't be too long now and we'll be fighting for alot more than just taiwans freedom.

The threats we hear about are constant and empty it's the ones we don't hear about that will start ww3.

WW3 ignition point for me will not be taiwan - as it would have already ignited elsewhere hence the chinese finially having the curry to try it as at that point the western world is to busy fighting for survival back at home soil.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
at that point the western world is to busy fighting for survival back at home soil.

WOLVERINES!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Yes the real prize is something else - and that is total world domination by communists not just the chinese.

Won't be too long now and we'll be fighting for alot more than just taiwans freedom.

The threats we hear about are constant and empty it's the ones we don't hear about that will start ww3.

WW3 ignition point for me will not be taiwan - as it would have already ignited elsewhere hence the Chinese finally having the curry to try it as at that point the western world is to busy fighting for survival back at home soil.

Threats. So what's the choice. Being a commie or succumbing to Islam perhaps? Those two just don't adhere. Trouble is, that the religion will be supported by Europe, Nth America and the Islamic states and followers in the indo oceanic regions. Look at that New Zealand Prime Minister parading around with her bottom lip drooping and a Burka.

The notion of a communist threat to my thoughts is secondary to the other worldly threat. Leastways we and our succinct allies (New Zealand has lost the plot!) can oppose a communist 'threat' but can we honestly say we oppose a religious overtaking without harm.

No religious zealot will fight or put themselves in harms way against China. They'll sit on the fence and watch while the countries that adopted them, expend their human resources. So what are we left with? Fearing China? Would not think so. There is a linear fear that we should be concerned with at present. Be mindful that the belief in cutting innocents throats within our society is more of a threat than commie China. In China those soldiers of religion and their supporters are dealt with swiftly. You don't see that in Western Democracy.

My thoughts. I do not support communism. I do not support religion that condones violence.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Bally, just a by-the-way.

You might enjoy the works of Ibn Warraq. He writes about Islam as someone who was an insider ... and who is now an apostate.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

China does not yet have the capability to take Taiwan. In 10 or 20 years maybe.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

The short answer to this is "no".

Speaking as an expat and occasional Chinese speaker, the china/Taiwan situation that most Americans are told about is largely an invention of the media and it frames everything in a very western context. When you are in China or Taiwan thing look very different. Both sides posture a lot for political reason but the status quo suits both sides a lot more than the alternatives. Call it a convenient lie if you will.

The biggest threat is Washington misreading the signals and sending in the navy and provoking a confrontation that would not otherwise have happened.

Taiwan is perfectly happy with the that way that they are, except for a very few loud mouths

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

The short answer to this is "no".

Speaking as an expat and occasional Chinese speaker, the china/Taiwan situation that most Americans are told about is largely an invention of the media and it frames everything in a very western context. When you are in China or Taiwan thing look very different. Both sides posture a lot for political reason but the status quo suits both sides a lot more than the alternatives. Call it a convenient lie if you will.

The biggest threat is Washington misreading the signals and sending in the navy and provoking a confrontation that would not otherwise have happened.

Taiwan is perfectly happy with the that way that they are, except for a very few loud mouths

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

at that point the western world is to busy fighting for survival back at home soil.

WOLVERINES!

That was Russia
Star for you , anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hong Kong - PRC
Taiwan - ROC
They both end in "C"

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

North Korea in the remake, though.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Gothmog

North Korea in the remake, though.

Except the country of ROC no longer exists.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
We should offer Taiwan to become one of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.. Have a vote in Taiwan, make it legal in the eyes of international law. Now that would really piss the Chinese Communist Party off !! hahah

Do you know most of the people there? How do you know you will not like most of the people in China?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Wow the CHiComs would wig the heck out on that one. Great idea though

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

WW3 ignition point for me will not be taiwan - as it would have already ignited elsewhere hence the chinese finially having the curry to try it as at that point the western world is to busy fighting for survival back at home soil.

All the same, democracy, commies, whatever! We are all brainwashed and conditioned. It's as simple as that.

As for taiwan. You seriosly think China would risk everything, just like that lol

You talk about freedom. Did the west free Iraq and Libya? Do you think they done this out of the goodness of their hearts?

Do you think the men, women and children who die everyday in these countries thank the west for their "new freedom"?

Do you really think they care about these people?
edit on 29-8-2019 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

What are you on about?

Have the chinese taken you tortured you then released you????

All the same you reckon????? Better go to specsavers.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

What are you on about?

Have the chinese taken you tortured you then released you????

All the same you reckon????? Better go to specsavers.

What? All the chinese torture people? Wow! I did not know that! You have some power there to know what people are like even though you do not know them!

What special powers you have!

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

There won't be any massive protest in Taiwan because it has a separate Gov and no treaty like HK. Any protest in Taiwan is obviously means they want war with mainland China. That will be an instant start of arm conflicts if one side start using weapons. HK and Taiwan are two different situation. HK protest is not an example of Taiwan. Get your head out of the sand ostrich.
edit on 30-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join