It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This:

Waiting to go to the quacks then it's full steam to the pub.....not been all week!!

I just knew that you would have something important to say.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

You know me....always got my finger on the pulse and quick to the heart of the matter.

Everyone should be prescribed a minimum amount of pub time per week to be spent in social discourse and human interaction free from safe spaces, snowflakes and the politically correct whilst imbibing alcoholic beverages. ('Taking the piss' should also be a mandatory part of these sessions.)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You speak the truth. I have never come across a Flat Earther in a pub.

No pub for me today. Sitting out in garden later with an ice cold Lowenbrau. Top tip - 24 cans for £12 in Lidl.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'd love to join you mate but been climbing the walls.
Laid up all week with the reoccurrence of a leg/foot problem I thought I'd seen the back of - seen far too much of the wife and the daughter and my Grandson has kicked my arse at every video game we've played.

I desperately need some not so mature and irreverent adult banter and cold beer.

Have a great weekend mate.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: sapien82

I'll have a look some time tomorrow mate.....my brain is hurting today and I very much doubt any of it would register let alone sink in enough for any reasoned analysis etc.

Waiting to go to the quacks then it's full steam to the pub.....not been all week!!

And I'm suspicious of anything with GERS in it!!

I can barely make sense of it all myself but it looks like this whole subsidy thing is a bit of a myth.

I'd been wondering when you'd get to the pub , you were away for a bit as well , me too , I was away with the faeries
think me and the mrs just abandoned the internet for a week went n walked the dogs and forgot all about the world in the trees.

Anyway Id rather you had a nice few pints and not think of this horrific state of affairs !

send me yer paypal and have a pint on me

edit on 30-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Enjoy the pub and have a good weekend. I will try and have a Brexit free one.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

think me and the mrs just abandoned the internet for a week went n walked the dogs and forgot all about the world in the trees.

Sounds good. I have internet free weekends and evenings.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Sounds good. I have internet free weekends and evenings.

I need to get back into this , instead of giving my thoughts to the internet on mostly any subject I take interest in
I am not so bad with social media I can leave that alone nae bother , but ATS I always feel I need to reply to people and talk about things . I guess some down time from that is welcome all the time

so hoffmanns finest for me this weekend !

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

People are never going to be happy at something they did not vote for UKTruth.

Scotland and Ireland simply don't see it the same way as England and Wales voting to Leave.

And the division may well be decisive in any referendums that materialize out of our departure.

What's the point in exiting the EU if the cost is the break up of the United Kingdom?

It's going to take much effort to survive.

As to forgiving, ile never forgive the politicians for this crap, the people through, they are simply people, well the majority of them anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Is Hoffmans beer?

I gave up on facebook cos I just got bombarded with stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It will all work out for the best so no point worrying about it. Look on the bright side - it's all probably insignificant when you consider that there is probably an asteroid the size of Texas out there with our name on it or something.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: ScepticScot

This isn't a game.

Quite right, and full marks for observation

However that's the system politics are currently run on..... so the referendum

was won by a majority?

The only people "playing games" are the politicians who are doing everything

possible to sink the result of a democratic majority vote of the people, and a

majority can be anything from 1% up?

An election is never 'nearly won' it either IS or it ISN'T

A referendum also isn't an election ,(getting obvious out of the way first).

There are two separate points.

One is that a referendum in this country is really just a big opinion poll. The opinion of the narrow majority 3 years a go might be to leave. There is no guarantee that is still the same as much has changed.

Second point is that if we treating the referendum as more than a poll with ability to change the law or even the constitution then we really should have more controls on it than a simple majority on a one off vote.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

How do we make it hit Westminsters my thinking?

I think we are all just about past worrying by now.

Just waiting to see what crazy crap happens next.

Canny make it up really, even if Boris somehow manages to in spades.

As to asteroids, Apophis at 370 metres missed quite recently, but she will be back again, so we might get lucky. LoL

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Is Hoffmans beer?

I gave up on facebook cos I just got bombarded with stuff.

No not beer mate , it does come in liquid form though

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Nice chess move by Boris....not just on our turf....it also sends a message to EU that they need to change the deal....or we WILL be off without one....

Rainbows
Jane

This idea that No Deal is some grand bargaining chip that is going to leverage the E.U. Head Honchos to come bck with a better deal is going to blow up in your faces. I for one am not wealthy enough to wether the storm the No Deal will bring.

I am interested to see how many of you wanting No Deal will be standing by your opinion when it happens. I for one hope I am wrong and it is all smelling of roses but we all know that is never gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

look at it this way , if tory austerity is linked to deaths in the UK , then what the # do they think a no deal brexit will bring ? Eternal life ?

I think its more poverty , stagnation and decay of the fabric of the UK

and by fabric I mean the people that live here

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Nice chess move by Boris....not just on our turf....it also sends a message to EU that they need to change the deal....or we WILL be off without one....

Rainbows
Jane

This idea that No Deal is some grand bargaining chip that is going to leverage the E.U. Head Honchos to come bck with a better deal is going to blow up in your faces. I for one am not wealthy enough to wether the storm the No Deal will bring.

I am interested to see how many of you wanting No Deal will be standing by your opinion when it happens. I for one hope I am wrong and it is all smelling of roses but we all know that is never gonna happen.

It's ludicrous isn't it.

The entire premise seems to be that we can convince the EU that accepting a deal they don't want is better than a no deal brexit, while at the same time convincing them we think a no deal exit is better for us than a deal we don't want.

This despite it being fairly obvious a no deal will have a massively bigger impact on us than them.

As I said earlier its like trying to negotiate by pointing a gun at your own head.

If we are going to get a 'better deal' then we need to come up with something that the EU sees as better for itself. Bluff & bluster isn't going to cut it.
edit on 30-8-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

More like shooting ourselves in the foot.

A shot to the head at least would be quick and painless.

But that's not the Brexit experience we have all come to know and love.

edit on 30-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

More like shooting ourselves in the foot.

A shot to the head at least would be quick and painless.

But that's not the Brexit experience we have all come to know and love.

The UK government could probably aim for the head and still get it self in the foot.

Aiming is is difficult when your heads up your arse.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Aptly put. LoL

Probably blow there own nuts off if truth be told.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join