It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My people are the people of Scotland, we voted to remain.

^^^That is the crux of the problem^^^^.......

The them and us .......

We are 'supposed' to be the UK (United Kingdom) as such we voted

collectively.

The constant sniping of division eg. Wales voted this and Scotland voted thus

and Ireland voted the other gets us no where

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The them and us .......

collectively.

Aye the crux of the problem isn't the divide , because that happens naturally , the crux of the problem is no matter what Scotland votes for , we are always out numbered by the larger voting electorate in England

so Scotland will rarely get a government it actually voted for or anything it votes for !

edit on 30-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: sapien82

Yeah yeah - heard it all before. Freedom fighters.. legends in their own minds.. fighting the evil of the UK govt in support of the benevolent overlords in Brussels.

Whilst you're playing at that, the REAL fight to ensure democracy wins is still raging. We'll know if freedom wins on November 1st.

Supporting the proroguing of parliament means you can't say support or even want Democracy anymore.

The proroguing of Parliament is a fairly common occurance and has nothing to do with stopping democracy. Maybe stay off twitter for a while.
Ignoring a democratic vote - now that's the type of fascist behaviour I am sure you love.

According to many politicians its un-democratic , but you say it is democratic

who is right then ? you or people who are actually MP's and have worked their whole adult life in government and politics ?

I think I'm going with the politicians on this one .

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

who is right then ? you or people who are actually MP's and have worked their whole adult life in government and politics ?

You don't have to be an MP to have an opinion. The loathsome toads are meant to be accountable to us, the people. Who voted to leave. It is their job to implement that, not to try to frustrate it and ignore it like they have for the past three years.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Aye the crux of the problem isn't the divide , because that happens naturally , the crux of the problem is no matter what Scotland votes for , we are always out numbered by the larger voting electorate in England
so Scotland will rarely get a government it actually voted for or anything it votes for !

So explain to me Scottish Parliament Hollyrood, Nicola Sturgeon and

Alex Salmond? /smh.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Yeah yeah - heard it all before. Freedom fighters.. legends in their own minds.. fighting the evil of the UK govt in support of the benevolent overlords in Brussels.

Whilst you're playing at that, the REAL fight to ensure democracy wins is still raging. We'll know if freedom wins on November 1st.

Supporting the proroguing of parliament means you can't say support or even want Democracy anymore.

The proroguing of Parliament is a fairly common occurance and has nothing to do with stopping democracy. Maybe stay off twitter for a while.
Ignoring a democratic vote - now that's the type of fascist behaviour I am sure you love.

Go with who you like.
Reeality is that proroguing Parliament is failry common.
So, you can believe the politcians (lol) or reality.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The them and us .......

collectively.

Correct. Wales, Scotland and North Ireland should exclude England and become the United Celtic Kingdom.
edit on 30 8 2019 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I would say the EU are interested in making an example of the UK.

After Brexit, we are still all going to be on the same island together, with the same shared problems and dilemmas to contend with.

So we better learn to put it past us when it happens, somehow i don't imagine it will be that easy, given the lack of any workable plan.

The outcome may well be the break up of the UK.

Still all be on the same island all the same, for better or worse, even if we are not married at the hip.

That's the thing that some people seem to be losing sight of.
It's in all our interests to come together and make every effort to make the country as good as it can be.
After voting to leave the EU, we should all be doing everything we can to ensure that the Govt. has the very best chance of getting a great deal. Unfortunately that is not happening. Some are actually working with the EU to strengthen the EU's bargaining position and make it far more difficult for the UK. That, I do not understand - and it's going to take much effort to forgive.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

YOU are trusting a politician

Dont you know the majority are in it for themselves? One only needs to see the

way they change their stance and their minds. Anyone who cant see J.C.'s

burning ambition for an election and becoming P.M. must be blind!!!!

In his and Abbots dreams.........

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What? You, of all people have a trusting faith in politicians?! Shome mishtake, shurely?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

The them and us .......

collectively.

Correct. Wales, Scotland and North Ireland should exclude England and become the United Celtic Kingdom.

From the Office of National Statistics:

Gross Value Added (GVA) ... Regional gross value added is the value generated by any unit engaged in the production of goods and services.

England £1,562,707 million
Scotland £138,231 million
Wales £62,190
NI £39,613

Best of luck to Scotland, Wales and NI if they leave the UK. They are small countries suckling on Englands teat. I am sure the EU will be just as nice to them...

edit on 30/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Go with who you like.

Well reality is illusory at best , so that doesn't really matter ( is it really matter ? lol) Anyway I was asking you , who is right , you or the politicians who say its un-democratic ?
If they are going with un-democratic and in majority saying it , then it must be true right ?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

What? You, of all people have a trusting faith in politicians?! Shome mishtake, shurely?

I dont trust them really but , if the majority of them are saying that its un-democratic are they lying or are they stating Fact?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My girlfriend just served Jeremy Corbyn at his stop in to Social Bite the cafe that seeks to end homelessness in Glasgow.

She let him keep change of a£20

Anyway she said he was a wee weirdo hahaha

Shame I didnt actually leave work for that coffee I'd have met him and asked him about #

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I dont need to have faith in them to acknowledge that they are speaking the truth , is the process un-democratic , are they stating Fact , or just saying it to be controversial ?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I dont need to trust them if they are stating a fact , thats what I am asking , is it factual or are they just saying it for the splash damage it will cause ?

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I dont trust them really but , if the majority of them are saying that its un-democratic are they lying or are they stating Fact?

As a general rule - if their lips are moving, they are probably lying.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Go with who you like.

Well reality is illusory at best , so that doesn't really matter ( is it really matter ? lol) Anyway I was asking you , who is right , you or the politicians who say its un-democratic ?
If they are going with un-democratic and in majority saying it , then it must be true right ?

Firstly, the majority of politicians have not said it's un-democratic. Some have. The same ones who are attempting to reverse the referendum result.
Secondly, reality is, well reality. The Proroguing of Parliament has historically been an annual event. It's more unusual that the the last one was in 2017 and since then we've had a marathon session with enormous amounts of time dedicated to debating Brexit.
Politicans lie to drive a narrative to get what they want.
Like I said, you can believe them if you like, or you can rely on facts. Your choice.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That's the thing that some people seem to be losing sight of.
It's in all our interests to come together and make every effort to make the country as good as it can be.

Something I've commented on frequently.

Some people are obsessed with the negative and are manically consumed by the things that divide us.

If they had the same passion and verve for the positive, the things that unite us and in striving to take this country forward we would be in a far better place today.

Of course we can not simply ignore the many issues that need addressing in our society, all with varying degrees of urgency.
But we'd have a far better chance of effecting real and positive change if we worked together instead of concentrating on petty squabbles and differences.

I've been laid up for a while but today is Friday and one way or another I'm going to the pub today hence the more positive and upbeat disposition than usual.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I dont need to have faith in them to acknowledge that they are speaking the truth , is the process un-democratic , are they stating Fact , or just saying it to be controversial ?

They are doing what most of them always do!! Bending twisting maneuvering

facts to fit in with their own particular agenda.

One needs to read between the lines and watch the eye's to understand it.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join