It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Treasuries current yield curve inversion 3month - 30 year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Pic of the current treasury rates...

Traders what are you thinking?

I just took all of my stock yesterday and sold ALL OF IT and dumped my money into a junior miner that just signed an investment deal for Aug 30th where the investor bought in at 1.50 price point and it's currently at 1.20.

I will be dumping more into that junior miner this week. Current bond yields are crazy and Trump is about to pay for destroying investor confidence with his Tweets.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Nah, f$ck that. If you can’t corner the orange juice concentrate commodities market, call these guys:

Diversify your bonds, 'n-word'!

And get that money. Killer Bs swarming on that Wall Street a$$! Remember dat
edit on Tue Aug 27 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I'm up .7 since I post this lol

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

SELL SELL, I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to investing but orange juice worked back then, lol

edit on 27-8-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ha. Nice. I’m sure GZA and his fiduciary cohorts would agree: you’re catching a falling knife. We tapped out in March of ‘18, actually turning a lil bit on US Steel, too.

What I’m curious about concerns gambling and institutional investors ability to ‘experiment’ in those markets. It’s (gambling) been legal in the U.K. for the longest time, so I’m sure I’ll eventually google it and they’ll be an instant answer... the same econometrics are used and the data is cheap and asymmetric info is almost guaranteed, so it seems a no-brainer. Such a no-brainer it’s likely prohibited and this is just spit-balling.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

nah, this particular stock was valued at 15 a share during the last phase of QE

I'm holding my mining stocks until QE

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How will this correlate with the average near and long term housing markets?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

housing markets will get propped up by lower interest rates and higher inflation

your major concern should be debt when it comes to housing, lower rates and higher inflation are good for housing unless no one is buying

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Gotcha. What do they mine? I’m fairly confident we’ll still be digging holes here on earth for a good while and just having leasing rights pays in perpetuity...or at least until they actually pull it off in space (in betting parlance those are long odds). Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
How will this correlate with the average near and long term housing markets?

Mortgage rates are falling. They are highly correlated with the 10 year treasury. People are still buying, but I do think we are at the top of the housing market right now.

In my market here in Chicago, any gains are being eroded by property taxes that keep going up which is the elephant in the room. Some areas have seen no gains in property values in like 15 years...

I live in a highly desirable wealthy suburb in Chicago area. I'd be lucky to get what I paid for my house 15 years ago. However, my property tax bill has more than doubled in that time frame.
edit on 27-8-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

the company is called new gold inc

but I'm not telling you to buy just telling you what I'm doing

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

housing markets will get propped up by lower interest rates and higher inflation

your major concern should be debt when it comes to housing, lower rates and higher inflation are good for housing unless no one is buying

In some markets, no one is buying... top end markets like NYC and west coast are seeing fairly significant slow downs.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I just read both your post, thanks for the info I'm not up on my housing market game

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Where the hell is Clarence Beeks????

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Don’t worry, brother. I imagine the person who moves on ‘market advice’ from random internet posters, probably shares the same profile as the person those PSAs for scammers calling parents for jail money are intended for, but not me.

Like I said, get that money. Just full disclosure in letting you know I tapped out in March of 2018. Also true the old lady’s account held a significant position in US Steel (I wanna say she had it since 2014, well before there was cohabitation, so that wasn’t me) and she unloaded all of it, making out fairly well given how poorly it had performed.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yah, chicago is a joke. Hows that Netflix tax? You want to move out of Chicago? Pay the exit tax. I figure you are probably in Barrington, maybe on the lake if you are lucky. My sister lives in a nice place in Wicker Park. Value of her place dropped 130k in the last year. Best of luck!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

When the stock markets finally crash for good. The world will be a better place.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I totally understand and I'm playing a speculative game right now. I know a lot of people who have been out of the market for a while.

Lot of people moving into gold and bonds it looks like to me based on the yield curve we aren't alone on our assumptions.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: toysforadults

In some markets, no one is buying... top end markets like NYC and west coast are seeing fairly significant slow downs.

Iowa (Des Moines) market is stable. In 2009 i think we only saw a 5% drop in prices and it recovered pretty quick, but new construction was stagnant, driving up the price of materials. And that has never gone back down.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

hmmm interesting I would think that less demand for construction materials would drive prices down due to suppliers needing to dump inventory

maybe it's the inflation rate increasing?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join