It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your second home and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My (in my dreams) home sits in isolation beside a lake and amongst the trees...maybe somewhere in Oregon or I don't know, somewhere that gets all 4 seasons. I can hear water flowing or bubbling from anywhere in the home, especially when in the tiny pool. It's relaxing just sitting on the deck that overlooks the lake and property. Equally so just looking through the large plate glass windows that face the water and dock.

edit on 8/27/2019 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I love, love the water in some of the Caribbean Islands but I’m constantly disappointed by the rest of it. I have been spending a lot of time in the upper half of the hudson river valley and I’ve been finding peace there when I can float alone in a below ground pool.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
While I have lived on the East Coast near Philadelphia my whole life my second home would be Irvine California as I currently work remotely for a company based there.

Nothing like traveling to the middle of Orange County for a reset as it is so totally different then the East Coast.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
japan
because I am fall in love with culture and people of that country

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Oooh, this is a tough one. Turkey is a fantastic shout and i thoroughly agree for history and for beauty. Croatia is also just gorgeous (also with amazing history). France and Italy also take some beating.

US based i would have to say lots of the West Coast - Northern California (north of San Francisco), Oregon and Washington state. Oregon blew me away in particular.

Back home in blighty i am a complete Northerner at heart. As a Yorkshireman, obviously Yorkshire is gods own country (although more North and East rather than West and South). However, Lancashire, County Durham, Northumbria and Cumbria are all lovely. Have family in all, and all in the very nice parts of those counties so hard to choose!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm in NE PA and Daytona.

posted on Sep, 30 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

My second home is the woods.
Why??
I can be myself out there with no assholes screwing with me.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Loving the pics

I do have to say, the first one is quite majestic, almost like you went to a serious effort whilst the novelty was there both pic and shelter.

Second is like you were more interested in the woods than taking a picture.

The third is like it was so fricken cold it was more of a... argh! feck this!

Must admit, have spend more time this year walking in the woods given the "varus" rulings etc. Appreciate and enjoy it a lot more too with fishing as an added bonus.

Have to live and enjoy things as best you can whilst you can

edit on 1-10-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The first pic, I laid on the forest floor and slept for 13.5 hours, I woke up and my brother had a teepee built.

The second pic, it was minus 12 and I had an Arctic military bag so I was fine just sleeping on the ground....my brother froze his ass off in his hammock.

The third pic, we tried to make a super shelter with mylar on the inside and a plastic cover with a fire in front so we could heat the shelter...we had so much condensation that it was dripping water all the time but we tried.
On the way out, I was chest deep in snow and had to dig my way out with wet boots.
As I said, we tried.

The woods is where I feel good....I'll call it home (with the right knowledge and gear)

posted on Oct, 5 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

The first pic, I laid on the forest floor and slept for 13.5 hours, I woke up and my brother had a teepee built.

The second pic, it was minus 12 and I had an Arctic military bag so I was fine just sleeping on the ground....my brother froze his ass off in his hammock.

The third pic, we tried to make a super shelter with mylar on the inside and a plastic cover with a fire in front so we could heat the shelter...we had so much condensation that it was dripping water all the time but we tried.
On the way out, I was chest deep in snow and had to dig my way out with wet boots.
As I said, we tried.

The woods is where I feel good....I'll call it home (with the right knowledge and gear)

Ooft! Over here in Scotland we have had minus 12 a few times... not the easiest trying to survive indoors. Never mind outside

Ive been getting into the DIY stuff these days. Dont know if it's just getting older but there is something about building things, repairing and making something from nothing with materials

top topics

<< 1   >>

join