It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first lady has gotten to know Kim Jong Un''????

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I am sure I didn't say anything resembling "because politicians lie it is ok to let him do it". I explained elsewhere how Trump lies differently than other politicians. What do you mean by "let" Trump do it?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Tell me which president didn't lie constantly, I wasn't alive then.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

don't worry, even knowing that he is doing that they simply can't help themselves. Sometimes you even have to feel a little bad for them, Trump has taken their free will.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Tell me which Obama lie upset you the most. Which president was it that didn't lie?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

Tell me which Obama lie upset you the most. Which president was it that didn't lie?

Obama's promise to close Gitmo probably upset me the most (but that's just one of many). I think unlikely that any president hasn't lied. What I find peculiar is that you're using it as an excuse to shift the 'morality' of lying into a grey area whereby you view it either from a non-committal vantage, or worse something that's actually good when its working in your favor (in essence, 'lionizing' it).

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

People crying about a politician lying just seems silly to me, they are so shocked and indignant, as if any politician has ever not lied. It's a cliche joke that you can tell a politician is lying when you see their lips moving. So why is Trump special, why is it so bad when he does it but not so bad when every other politician has done it?

I like how you failed to find any quote you could use as an example of me lionizing anything, if anything my argument is the opposite of that; lying doesn't make Trump special or unique as a politician, makes him typical.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

People crying about a politician lying just seems silly to me, they are so shocked and indignant, as if any politician has ever not lied. It's a cliche joke that you can tell a politician is lying when you see their lips moving. So why is Trump special, why is it so bad when he does it but not so bad when every other politician has done it?

I like how you failed to find any quote you could use as an example of me lionizing anything, if anything my argument is the opposite of that; lying doesn't make Trump special or unique as a politician, makes him typical.

I believe your implied lionizing is due in part to both the combination of positivity shown for Trump, and the lack of any condemnation in regards to lying.

For example, I personally think lying is bad. I think politicians lying is bad. I don't like my politicians (the ones I vote for, or any others for that matter) lying. I don't like anyone lying. I consider it a maladjusted trait, and a major negative character quality. Despite whatever arguments you want to dilute this point with by saying that it happens and there is nobody that doesn't do it and its just business belies the point that I haven't actually noticed you make any mention of lying being something bad.

I teach my children not to lie. Am I safe in assuming you don't have such qualms on the matter?

Heck even most of your compatriots here have voiced their opinions that while they love Trump and just about everything he's done, they find the lying distasteful or ugly and wish it would stop.
edit on 35pm19fpmTue, 27 Aug 2019 14:37:57 -0500America/ChicagoTue, 27 Aug 2019 14:37:57 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
and you can?
I don't think you know what objective means, your post reeks of subjectivity,
Do you harbour any feelings towards Trump, do you like or dislike? I don't but will still be subjective because I'm human and not a robot, but then again even a robot would be subjective if made by a subjective mind
a reply to: operation mindcrime

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

" I don't like my politicians (the ones I vote for, or any others for that matter) lying."

So you don't like your politicians? Or is there one that never lies?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Did I say was objective? I merely stated that discussing Trump's behaviour in any meaningfull way on ATS has become impossible.

If you want to analyse and talk about the behaviour of Trump you have to at least set aside your bias and look at the evidence. This I can do but I have noticed that talking about it has become impossible.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

" I don't like my politicians (the ones I vote for, or any others for that matter) lying."

So you don't like your politicians? Or is there one that never lies?

We get it dude, you like lying, and you like Trump lying.

What next, are you going to try and impress us with your monster vape cloud?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Who is "we", is there someone there with you, dude? I like how you failed to answer either of my questions and cognitive dissonance instead caused you to make up a wierd vape cloud lie about me. I sure didn't see that coming. Have you found making up things about people to be a good way to distract from failing to answer a question?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Who is "we", is there someone there with you, dude? I like how you failed to answer either of my questions and cognitive dissonance instead caused you to make up a wierd vape cloud lie about me. I sure didn't see that coming. Have you found making up things about people to be a good way to distract from failing to answer a question?

Are you still talking?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

There are three more questions too upsetting to answer. I like how you quoted them and then utterly failed to address them.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But that's not the presidents quote. That quote is from one of the presidents handlers tasked with untwisting the presidents Alzheimeresque comments. When trump made the original statement a camera panned to Melania and she gave the president a baffled look. Once again Trump says one thing when he really means something completely different. I need to order one of them fancy Trump decoder rings so I can understand his riddles.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Because Trump was supposed to be "different" since he wasn't a politician. Trump tells more little white lies than Pinocchio, except for every lie he tells instead of his nose getting bigger his skin gets more orange LMAO

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Trump lies to get attention, and that seems to work every time for him. All others lie to try to avoid attention. It's funny how easily he can manipulate the news cycle.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Why don't you answer my questions Bobby?

Are you scared of them?

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You need to find a hobby and quick. The posts are getting worse and worse and worse.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

OP here Mr. Guitar. I guess that you must have missed my reply to Burd earlier. Burd's reply was easily expected as it is a standard reply used by many here to de legitimize peoples ability to evaluate others. This is the 21st Century and this is not rocket science. Even a few courses in psychology and neuroscience can allow anyone to develop even simple skills in understanding human behavior.

And how about poker players. it's not all luck you know or just card skill. Any good poker player knows that people have what they call ''tells''. Tells are characteristics that can give away almost the exact type of hand is being held and once knowing this can manipulate that player to over play or fold their hand. Simple stuff.

Did you know that now it is studied that experts can tel what is going on in another persons mind by the simple twitch of an eye or the flick of a facial muscle, let alone the positioning of their arms or legs??

Of course if you did not know all of these things I suppose it would be simple to think that Trump was unknowable just by watching him on TV. But if you do know this already, then why do you believe that I do not have at least a rudimentary ability to evaluate the characteristics of an open book like Trump.

Because until you’ve met him for yourself, you only know what the media wants you to know.
I kept my answer simple for you, but there’s a lot of knowledge between the lines
PS. Everything you just mentioned about posture, poise, muscle twitches etc, is just pseudoscience only good for confirming your own bias. You will find what you are looking for
edit on 27-8-2019 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join