It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho taxpayers must pay for gender reassignment surgery for inmate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'd Rather Have my Hard Earned Tax Money given to my Government being Used to Help the Economic Poor in this Country Instead of this . Am I Somehow a " Bad " Man for Actually Thinking that ? If So , Come Get Me Motha Fookers !

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
www.npr.org... id be willing to bet the SCOTUS crushes this and they have two other cases pending before them in the same area of case law

This issue could be timely for the Supreme Court. In two similar cases in the 5th and the 1st Circuit courts of appeals, judges ruled against inmates requesting gender confirmation surgery. With this decision, there is now a split in the circuit courts. That could make it more likely that justices would consider the case. The 9th Circuit Friday explicitly rejected the 5th Circuit's opinion, which found that denying an inmate gender confirmation surgery could not violate the Eighth Amendment.
and to the commenter who said just cut the "beans and franks off" well they apparently tried that all ready

www.npr.org...

She insisted that what she was about to do was not an attempt at suicide. The note read, "I do not want to die, but I am a woman, and women do not have these." Edmo then attempted to castrate herself. Edmo didn't succeed, but she would go on to try again. These attempts are central to Edmo's lawsuit against the state of Idaho and Corizon Inc., the prison's private health care contractor. Her attorneys argue these are desperate acts that prove Edmo isn't getting the medical care she needs.
so hey i guess any one in jail who wants to change genders just cut your self horribly and attempt a self castration........

www.foxnews.com... the idaho govenor has bluntly said they wont transfer the funds and basically told the court to pound sand

Gov. Brad Little, who appealed the initial ruling in December, called the appeals court’s decision ‘extremely disappointing” and said the state would appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court, Boise State Public Radio reported. PENNSYLVANIA TO BECOME LATEST STATE OFFERING GENDER-NEUTRAL IDS "We cannot divert critical public dollars away from the higher priorities of keeping the public safe and rehabilitating offenders," Little said in a statement to National Public Radio. "The hardworking taxpayers of Idaho should not be forced to pay for a convicted sex offender's gender reassignment surgery when it is contrary to the medical opinions of the treating physician and multiple mental health professionals."
the state has 90 days to appeal it so i doubt this is the last we have heard of it

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So now people who want gender changed will commit crimes to get it done for free. What a deal. Or maybe some prisoner who wants to get back at the judicial system for incarcerating them will get their free operation to punish the good people who put them in jail. Either way precedence has been set, now they have to do it for anyone who wants it.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yep, none of us here are happy about it. I lean left (of most folks here in Idaho) but I am against this for sure (as are all of my REALLY left friends). Just doesn't make sense to any of us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join