It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: IAMTAT

Part of being in a cult is you are not supposed to be friends with people outside of the cult

And when in a cult, you don't talk about the cult. Everyone that does not agree witht he group collective is to be shunned and seen as evil by all those in the cult.

Interesting similarities, aren't they?

Yeah but that same argument is a double edged sword and can be used both ways. I guess everyone who fought the Nazi's was just some cult, eh?

An apt comparison, if you think anyone voting for Trump is a Nazi.

I don't. Is it possible you merely read it that way as some form of projection?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Wayfarer

Eh, I was going to say that my sister has three boys in that approximate age range, and really, politics doesn't necessarily have much to do with it. Depending on the day, what one has the other two want or what one has, the other two don't want anything to do with something the same.

So if one gets a blue (or red) bowl, the other two could beat each other bloody (figuratively) either trying to both have blue bowls two or to have bowls any color but blue themselves.

Or they may not care at all.

But they will all three be on the same page whatever one it is.

I'm disheartened to hear that I too can expect my own 3 kids inane bickering to continue on into practically adulthood

My sister and I didn't stop fighting until we'd lived apart for several years.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
During Trump's election a popular Facebook meme essentially said "if you haven't lost facebook friends over supporting Trump you haven't tried very hard".

And it was true. Just look at all the deranged liberals stealing or driving over Trump election signs.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: JAGStorm

I love the thought process so some people. I'm tolerant and welcome diversity as long as you agree completely with me.

Remember the leftist morality:

1. Look as different from me as you want.

2. Sleep with whomever you want, however you want, whatever you want.

3. Pray to whatever you want, however you want so long as you don't actually expect to display those values in public in any real way.

Just whatever you do, don't dare to think or voice an opinion that is in any way different from anything any of the rest of them utter ... unless it's sports or the weather or your health.

"Eliza, dear, stick to two topics: the weather and your health!"

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Prove that any Nazi or White Nationalist said they would move to Canada if Obama was elected. That of course never happened, unlike deranged leftists threatening to move if Trump was elected. I like that you consider yourself to be the equivalent of a Nazi or White Nationalist. And also that you think there are a lot of them or that anyone cares about them.
edit on 26-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump has never called "the media" the enemy of the people, he only calls "the fake news" that, are you unable to differentiate between "the fake news" and "the media"?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

There was that hilarious YouTube thing with all of them posting apologies after the second election of GW too. And a bunch of them threatened to move off the Canada then if he got elected for the second time. Many of them were the same ones who threatened for the second time when Trump was running.

I note they're all still here.

More the pity. I think they'd love Trudeau.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

LOL, I am glad I wasn't the only one confused by that!
I was going to ask if both women knew about the other.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My brother and I were best friends growing up. We actually hung out together and had shared friends.
We live four hundred miles apart now but still hang when we can. Now our families go on vacations together.
We had fights when we were very little over toys but very soon we became buds. An "its us against them" kind of thing.
We are also less than a year apart in age and that might have something to do with it.

Oh I almost forgot the most important part.... He is a die hard trump supporter.
edit on 8262019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

and you have a problem with this why exactly?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

I live in Illinois as well, Chicago suburbs. Color me paranoid but I have several friends and co-workers who have stopped interacting with me or are "less friendly" than they used to be because I express my negative feeling towards the current administrations policies. Pathetic in my opinion. I am always willing to speak about the political climate in a civil manner with these people but they just want to discuss with people who share their opinion anyone else is on "the crap list" and must be an "anti American commie" smh

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Yankees suck! Yankees suck! Yankees Suck!

Yeah, they'd be better if they were in first place and crushing the Red Sox dreams.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Antifa and the Democrats are so full of love I want to puke

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have friends who have unfriended Trump supporters on Facebook.

I could never do that.

Because where else could I get some many guaranteed laughs each and every day?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GrandSchemeOfThings

Tell me one thing that the G-7 meeting on climate change will come up with to make a difference . The climate has and will continue to change long after we are gone . Send them your money and servitude , I want to keep mine and live my life free from government .

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: olaru12

Antifa and the Democrats are so full of love I want to puke

I'm not Antifa and I'm not a democrat. You were saying....

Actually, I'll have to respond later, I'm at work....

edit on 26-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

and you have a problem with this why exactly?

He never said he did.........

How in the world could extrapolate he had an issue w it from anything he said?????

I think that's another issue, it's literally like you're having two. Completwly different conversations with some

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's mind boggling to watch the right wing crew cheer all of Trump's divisive rhetoric and then wonder why it divides people.

No one said we'd be tolerant of intolerance.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Part of being in a cult is you are not supposed to be friends with people outside of the cult

And when in a cult, you don't talk about the cult. Everyone that does not agree witht he group collective is to be shunned and seen as evil by all those in the cult.

Interesting similarities, aren't they?

Yeah but that same argument is a double edged sword and can be used both ways. I guess everyone who fought the Nazi's was just some cult, eh?

I guess you just couldn't help equating it to Nazi's huh? That was during an active shooting war, people defending against an active war machine ravaging and taking over countries. Yeah, that's similar to political rhetoric....fool.

I never claimed a side, now did I, huh? It does apply on all sides of radical adherence to a dogmatic political ideology. When we stop listening and begin shunning and banning people for merely a differing of opinion (and Nazism was more that that, be real here), we risk being seen as living in a cultish mindset.

If you cannot see that, maybe you are in the cult?

Chill Honey Bunny. I didn't equate one side of the political spectrum to Nazi's, merely that by your definition we can view historically heroic groups as 'cults'. Your statement was broad and easily flipped around to be used by whichever side. I'm pretty sure that wasn't your intent, so I'd recommend tweaking it a bit if your message (as I assume) is to call to light tribalism and cultish behavior that propagates from it.

I beg to differ, sweetie. See, YOU equated it with Nazi's, not me. You took it there, and now are backing away from it. Your followup post implies that being against Trump is a heroic effort akin to fighting Nazi's. That implied anyone that does support Trump is a Nazi.

Please don't try to sugar coat your cultish fantasies. We all see through it, deary.

Your thought process is sad really.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's impossible for conservatives to be right 100% of the time, same with democrats ; so if you always vote one way, you basically say I'm voting left or right no matter what the issue or if my side is wrong ... That's mental.

^^^^THIS^^^^

That's what perplexes me the most about the "diehards"...

Then I remember that sociopathy is a real, and growing mental condition in our society.

Unfortunately.

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 26 Aug 2019 16:32:17 -05008pmMondayth04pm by EternalShadow because: edit

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join