It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you vote for Trump we can't be friends

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
On the list of attributes I look for in current or future friends, political leanings and voting history have to be at the bottom, if they even make the list at all.

You do you. It's not my concern or business who anyone other than myself votes for.

My friends run the gambit from hardcore conservative to hardcore liberal to don't give a rat's azz. Shockingly, we all get along and have great times together. Why? Because we are not shallow losers who base friendship on something as stupid as politics.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

The friends that I have that have voted for Hillary are either going to vote for Trump in 2020 or stay home and get drunk election day.

The left has gotten militant, mean, and have broken away from the rest of us.

Sadly there is a lot of truth in that statement, especially the militant part. Sometimes it seems like brainwashing.
There is no middle ground.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, it's not like trump doesn't bring this upon himself with his hatred of almost everyone except his base.

He's making a concerted effort to drive the nation apart with his hate.

edit on 26-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
a reply to: Trueman
Hell no, look I have 1 wife of my own, any more than that and this house would NOT be fun to live in!!!

I have not confirmed it, but recently heard that the kanji symbol for disharmony is a roof with two women beneath it.

More on topic: I have a hard time getting along with a person who wears their politics on their sleeve, no matter whose "side" they choose.
edit on 26/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Id say later then ..unless she is really hot. Then you can lie cuz those peeps are dumb. Now if you were a m#ch#gan fan...youd have to go.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Well, it's not like trump doesn't bring this upon himself with his hatred of almost everyone except his base.

He's making a concerted effort to drive the nation apart with his hate.

There is a difference. I do not see Trump supporters saying if you vote for Biden/Bernie/etc etc you can't be my friend/family etc...

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Because we are not shallow losers who base friendship on something as stupid as politics.

I don't consider my friend a shallow loser, or think most people consider their family that either.
Something is happening. I've never seen it get like this in the many, many many many political climates I've watched.
Things are different and things are changing.

We can close our eyes and pretend it is not happening, or we can see things are changing.
Maybe your small world has not been touched by it yet, but wait and see, wait and see...

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That is why we have a secret ballot.
You can tell your friend that you hate Trump and would never vote for him... and then vote for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Trump is an all out idiot. Have you ever heard him speak at length and in detail about anything ever?

Show me the tape.

And now his excuse for missing the climate change meeting at the G7. All done to keep his base of ignorant followers happy. Ugh climate change fake. Ugh not going.

Anybody supporting this clown at this point is anti-American. I understand why you voted for him. I really do.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Id say later then ..unless she is really hot. Then you can lie cuz those peeps are dumb. Now if you were a m#ch#gan fan...youd have to go.

You bring up a valid point.

I could never have a Green Bay fan at my home. I'd have to burn the house afterwards just to eradicate the stench of failure from them.

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrandSchemeOfThings
Trump is an all out idiot. Have you ever heard him speak at length and in detail about anything ever?

Show me the tape.

And now his excuse for missing the climate change meeting at the G7. All done to keep his base of ignorant followers happy. Ugh climate change fake. Ugh not going.

Anybody supporting this clown at this point is anti-American. I understand why you voted for him. I really do.

Aaaaand there we have it!

Your example was a brilliant illustration!

*bravo*

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You have to blame the media.

It's not like Donald Trump came out of nowhere. He's been a public figure since the 80s. The media could have told then that he was a huge racist and an idiot. They didn't.

Hollywood could have told us that he was a misogynist pervert. But no, were happy to take his money and keep quiet.

When John McCain was being touted as the most racist man in America for running against Barack Obama, the media could have added the caveat "except for Donald Trump." Same thing when Mitt Romney took the title from McCain. But no, Trump wasn't even on the media's radar, even though they knew what an evil man he was.

And today, even as they proclaim Trump to be the worst human being who ever existed, the media remains silent as to the name of the true most racist man in America. His or her identity won't be revealed until that person runs for President as a Republican candidate.

By then, Trump will join Bush, Obama, McCain, and Romney as respected elder statesmen in the eyes of the media.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Didn't vote in 2016, but as I see the corruption inherent in DC and the Lamestream media will get out & vote Trump!

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrandSchemeOfThings

Show me the tape.

Took less than two full pages......

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a "friend" on FB that made a virtue-signalling statement that she will remove anyone on her Facebook that supports Trump. She honestly believes that anyone whom supports him is a white supremacist.

In my 42 years on planet Earth, I have never met a single white supremacist. The left literally believe they are everywhere. This particular woman, in her 50s apparently believes there are over 60 million white supremacists in America. Even black, Mexican, Asian and native American ones.

Looney. I don't need Looney friends.
edit on 26-8-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Engineer had a meltdown in a meeting last Friday morning. HR was contacted and the Engineer called in today. A return call from HR explained that they need to contact HR and not their manager with any information requesting return. The person has been an ongoing problem and given time off once. They went to the Dr today but were terminated Friday. Will be interesting week'

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I understand that everything in a persons life has influenced how they vote.

My elderly mother did a complete 180 in politics after watching Fox News. Now she's trying to convince me Mexicans get billions of dollars of welfare money per month, free cars, free healthcare, and they get to vote more than once! I kind of think she's been brainwashed by propaganda. I explained to her you have to a citizen to get all those benefits. But she says they buy fake ID. Then I tell it if that's the case then it's a law enforcement problem. But she is stern in her belief Mexicans have ruined this country.

It doesn't bother me if people I know voted for Trump. I would not talk to half my family if I held to that standard. Besides, the way I see it, this country survived Nixon and two Bushes. We will survive Trump too.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ugggh. And they would smell of crappy cheese. I totally get that one. It's actually against the law to name that stae up north if you are from Ohio. They all smell like wet fur and just come to Ohio for jobs, but honestly, how many custodians does one need?

a reply to: DBCowboy

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He is making us doubt ourselves and our friends. I put it all on him.

Of course, because some are incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions. The wish to blame everyone else for our own actions is where we are today. I suppose it makes us feel better to blame others, I agree with a previous poster about social media.

Often the anonymity that it provides, emboldens individuals to type something they would never say. President Trump is brutally honest when it comes to speaking his mind, which is refreshing since most candidates will say whatever they believe will get them elected, some even attempt to change their dialect to influence the group they are speaking to.

At least one candidate in this election circus has actually promised to cure cancer. If that is not pandering, then the definition needs to be changed. If someone else can actually influence us as to who we make friends with, then we should stay home as the world will destroy us.

Only children use the argument, my friend does it, why cant I. No one knows how I voted because i don't tell them, nobody's business and i could care less how someone else voted, i go by the old adage that you get what you deserve so if you vote and think it went the wrong way, then we get a just desert. Personally I can find common ground with any politician as most a
re subject to which way the wind blows, even Trump is subject to change his mind, not necessarily his opinion. That's refreshing when most will slobber over whatever group they are attempting to influence at the moment. Stop blaming others for our own shortcomings.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: lakenheath24

You bring up a valid point.

I could never have a Green Bay fan at my home. I'd have to burn the house afterwards just to eradicate the stench of failure from them.

I live in Wisconsin but am not a Packers fan, but I will say this, at least they are open minded about sports.
Years ago it was dress like your favorite sports team day at my daughters school.
My daughter is a Bears fan and knew she would get flack for dressing head to toe in Bears gear in an all Green/Gold school. My husband was a little leery, she did it anyways. The school gave her an award for not succumbing to peer pressure and being herself. The photo is one I will always treasure. Tons of kids, all in Green and gold, and there in the front middle, my daughter wearing Blue/orange. Go Bears!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join