It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest reaction to cat getting hit by a car.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Saw a cat get hit by a car this morning, and the apparent owners had the strangest reaction.

My family and I were on our way to church this morning. Driving down a two lane road, in a residential part of town, a cat came streaking out from my side of the road. I was about 3-4 car lengths when it came out. A car coming the other direction hit the cat. I am not sure if there was any way for the driver to miss the cat, as it happened so fast. I hit the horn, and saw her slow down, look in the mirror, then she just sped up and took off.

I am not a big fan of cats, and have referred to them jokingly as "furry little speed bumps" in the past. But I know the driver knew she had hit it, and to just run off like that is wrong.

I stopped the car and got out to check on the cat. No cars coming either way, so no problem there. I went over, and the cat was still twitching a little. I picked it up and brought it to the grass along side of the curb and laid it down. Nothing I could do, the cat was gone. I went to the house from where it looked like the cat had come from and knocked on the door. No answer, I tried again and no answer. I had been at the door for about 2 minutes or so, and was about to go to the next house.

Just then a lady from across the street came running over and said it was her cat. She had a towel, and covered him up. She seemed like she was in a hurry, maybe a little upset, but did not even want to stick around for me to tell her what happened. I told her I was sorry that it happened, as she went back across the street. She went to the back yard with the cat and a man on the porch followed her.

Now for the strangest part, and for the life of me I don't understand the reaction. My wife and son both said that the man and a teenage boy were on the porch the whole time. I did not see them, as I was trying to help the cat. She said the man just sat there, and the boy pulled his hoodie up and drew the strings closed, all while I was moving the cat and trying to get someone to come to the door of the house I was at.

Not once did either of them call out to me, or come out to help, nothing. I guess at one point, after I had moved the cat and went to the house door the man got up and went inside. It was then that the woman came out.

It just seems like a bizarre reaction. Obviously it was their cat, but to sit with no reaction, not trying to get my attention, not going out to try and help. Just so strange.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

It may be that they knew the emotional fallout from mom would be difficult for them to handle, it;s like oh man............
Now concerning the driver of the other car, I was victim of the same type of situation. I hit a cat (50 years ago) in a res area, a front yard full of young girls seeing and freaking out, I floored that mother and got the hell out of there. Accidents happen.

edit on 25-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

It may be that they knew the emotional fallout from mom would be difficult for them to handle, it;s like oh man............

Maybe. I just know that if it were one of my dogs, I would have been out there in a heartbeat. It was not a short amount of time, at least 5 minutes. Just seems so strange to me. Not the reaction I would expect.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I hate to say it men don't have much of connection to cats as they do for dogs.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
When I was a kid we lived on a busy country road.

I had so many cats when I was a kid that,

The road looked like it was carpeted.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sounds like it wasn't the first pet they have had killed on that road.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

When I was a teenager I came home from school one day and found my dog dead in a ditch.

I just laughed and laughed and laughed. I couldn't even keep a straight face when I went in the house to tell my mom. I was literally cracking up and couldn't help it.

At the time, I loved that dog more than anything in the world, so I guess some kind of self defense mechanism kicked in to protect my mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Tell that to my cat and my jealous dogs.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I feel about dogs like you feel about cats, but my daughter’s dog lives with us right now. I would be horrified if anything happened to him even if I am not a big fan of him living in my home. It is difficult for me to imagine someone not caring about a hurting pet.
edit on 2019/8/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sounds like she was about to bury it in the pet sematary for the third time this week.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Perhaps it wasn't their cat at all, and memaw is gonna be servin' 'chicken' for supper, tonight?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Much more of a strange reaction than the reaction from the people OP encountered....

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Tell that to my cat and my jealous dogs.

Does your cat play the dog?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
For cryin' out loud ... It was a cat.

Wasn't a person. Wasn''t a child. it was a cat. A feline. A four-legged furry critter.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they had no relation to the cat, they just wanted a free lunch

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
For cryin' out loud ... It was a cat.

Wasn't a person. Wasn''t a child. it was a cat. A feline. A four-legged furry critter.

And? Someone's pet, a loved critter, just because you like your meat raw and rip flesh with your bare hands and hulk smash puny human?

Ooh let me guess, ya don't like cats. Got it.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I like cats and dogs equally but cats are not dependent on humans. Becoming roadkill is the price of freedom...

Lost many a cat to accidents with cars (even backed up on one of our own cats once)...you say thanks for the company and put it in the ground. With dogs....weeks of moarning.

Peace
edit on 26-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There's a reason why our cats are indoor kitties. The neurotic tabby is even now cleaning herself from her favorite perch in a most unladylike fashion as I type for all the room to see.

How emotionally attached you get to your pets is less about a gender/species thing than it is what sort of personality you click with. We get very attached to our kitties here, all of us. Husband has been very broken up over several of our kitty buddies when they've shuffled off this mortal coil, so have I for that matter. But we tend to value independent pals over slavish ones.

But, being general animal people, I have no doubt if we got a dog, it would be loved no less for being slavish.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But I know the driver knew she had hit it, and to just run off like that is wrong.

Why is it so wrong?
Her stopping would not have made the cat come back to life.
The thing that is wrong is the people that owned the cat letting it roam around where it could get hit by a car... if they really cared about the cat.
The lady that hit it might have swerved to avoid it and got into an accident. If that had been the case, she (or her auto insurance company) could have sued the owners of the cat.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All of my cats have been indoors only cats.In the past 14 years,I
have had to put 4 cats to sleep and I cried like a baby each time.
My cat Max looked like my avatar cat and I still miss him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join