It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Reaches Major Trade Deal With Japan.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
a reply to: vonclod

I agree, except I don't think trump is trying to bully China into a better trade deal. I think willfully destroying the relationships with partners that could have teamed with us to actually apply real pressure to China and then enacting strategies that hurt us much more than them and leave space for Russia and other players to fill the void?
With the most likely predictable scenario being signing a compromised deal before the election and hoping the US public pays more attention to his Twitter than the "fake media" that examines the deal?

Okay, this is wrong on so many levels and quite frankly, looks like you really don't know what you're talking about. Seriously, "Willfully destroying the relationship with partners..."? Umm, no he and Abe literally just celebrated new trade and as another user pointed out, Australia for precious metals. However, I'm not surprised you say this, we know and as Trump himself has stated, you peope are fake news. He isn't destroying any relationships but the bad trade deals with china. Russia isn't filling any void so long the Europeans are skittish about them.
With the USMC and UK trade deals, we'll be seeing some serious growth.

Steve Bannon once said the Media's biggest Mistake was focusing on Trump +Russia when they should really be worried about Trump +China.

This is partly true and willfully being disingenuous, Steve Bannon is a long time Trump ally and has said that the Medias biggest mistakes are pushing fake news and focusing too much on Trump...which is what they are still doing. In regards to china, Steve has said that Trump has been is the only one taking on china as they are the next level threat we face. He is praising Trump on tackling that issue and will call it the defining moments of his Presidency.

A good example of how Trump deals with China is the Foxconn deal he brokered in WI.
4B in US Tax incentives
A promise to hire 1000+ employees by the end of 2018.
Trump shouted it from the roof-tops and folks here on ATS cheered it as an example of his deal making skills.
They have hired less than 200 and there is talk by Foxconn execs that they might not even manufacture at the location.

It is unclear, though, how much of the facility will be devoted to manufacturing. The company has given multiple statements in recent weeks saying that engineers may account for anywhere from two-thirds to 90 percent of staffing — a far different mix than the blue-collar manufacturing haven originally envisioned.

The recent doubts kicked off late in January when Louis Woo, special assistant to Foxconn Chief Executive Terry Gou, told Reuters that his company was rethinking its commitment to the project.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Inside Wisconsin’s Disastrous $4.5 Billion Deal With Foxconn
www.bloomberg.com...

For some Foxconn workers watching who’d labored at the LCD TV factory for months, the president’s rhetoric didn’t match reality. The LCD components weren’t made in the USA, according to sources familiar with the operation. They were shipped from a Foxconn factory in Tijuana. The Wisconsin plant was only handling the last steps of assembly, and some TV displays were still labeled “Made in Mexico.” Pay at the factory started at about $14 an hour with no benefits, much less than the $23 average Foxconn promised.

Yes, a deal he helped spearhead and achieve, what Foxconn does is their business and if they fail, it's noted and blame placed.

In fact, the article is rife with speculations based off incomplete information and third party accounts, a whole 45 people "reportedly" said some things yet nothing is definitive. Point is, you, as all leftist do, try to pin blame soley on Trump, sorry doesn't work that way. He isn't going to micromanage ops and wipe your arse too, though he probably could.

A big factor in these types of post is the emotionally and narrowmind views these particular users have, it's amazing actually, to oeprate under false views.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: Arnie123
This is a "FRACTION" of what else there is to become.

Preliminary of course....lol

Peace
I love how I triggered you 😆 what is this, day three now? keep 'em comin'

No Peace
edit on 26-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Just reminding you of the fact that the deal you refered to isn't a deal yet....

This is not being triggered this is just having fun.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Having fun hoping a deal good for the US doesn't happen?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Isnt it funny that everyone can actually quote the one lie that Obama told and that was really not a lie but an error.
Can you do the same for the ten thousand that trump has told in 32 months.
You may want to do it in a series.
edit on 8262019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who said anything about hoping? Where does your assumption that I have ill will towards the American people come from? Is your knee jerking?

I hope for world peace and unicorn breeding programs but the trade deal with Japan has still to be closed and I believe there was a small misunderstanding in Trump stating Japan was going to buy all the corn China is not buying so I guess that has to be talked about before any deal becomes reality.

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
All that hand-wringing about China.

Historians will write about Trump's Asian policy.

The big winners are obviously going to be Japan, the Koreas, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

I'm fairly certain that the Chinese, who were originally hoping that the Dems would prevail in 2020, are #ing bricks right now.

I put my money on the Chinese caving within the next 12 months.

They are hoping that Trump loses in 2020, guarantee it. People say that Trump is at a disadvantage in this trade war. Xi absolutely has to come to the table and has to accept a deal. If their economy continues to fall out and businesses keep leaving, he is potentially facing literally losing his head over this. Trump doesn't have to do anything but keep offering terms.

Meanwhile he's going around setting up new trade deals with Japan, SK, and Taiwan.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Just reminding you of the fact that the deal you refered to isn't a deal yet....

This is not being triggered this is just having fun.

Peace
Like I said before, if this is fun, you're an extremely bored individual, you're triggered, own it.

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes 😌

No Peace
edit on 26-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

edit on 26-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Hehe

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well I guess I'm somewhat bored (summer holiday and all) but the hilarious show Trump presented us with this last G7 filled those empty hours in a big hurry...

We are only going on about the "preliminay" trade deal with Japan in this thread but oh boy...

Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

That's great but you would think these Governments would get off their slow asses and just sign the dam thing. Products need to get moving lol. Our farmers need it.

I would have rather heard the Japanese PM say for sure they were buying it but he definitely left an out for himself.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well look at that. Maybe I should have said within the next month week day.

"China is willing to resolve its trade dispute with the United States through calm negotiations and resolutely opposes the escalation of the conflict."

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well I guess I'm somewhat bored (summer holiday and all) but the hilarious show Trump presented us with this last G7 filled those empty hours in a big hurry...

We are only going on about the "preliminay" trade deal with Japan in this thread but oh boy...

Peace
I'm not so sure, you've demostrated that you're easily amused, like toddler amused and if the G7 was a "hilarious show", than perhaps you shouldn't be at the table concerning politics? Kind of an adult thing, you know? 😌

Plus, once again, your taste in comedy is dull, nobody finds the G7 funny other than those who hold water for leftist and trolling for points.

You can tell because they complain, are easily amused and apparently spend the days trolling internet message boards for funsies go figure 🤭

We're reaching "Agreements" and the G7 is the perfect place to coordinate with other world leaders and come to conclusions in order to better provide trade and relief with our partners.

No Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

"China is willing to resolve its trade dispute with the United States through calm negotiations and resolutely opposes the escalation of the conflict."
Saw this myself, with the positive news that Trump is reaching new agreements, the chinese are getting NERVOUS.

I mean, they should be, china may be "growing", but they still have a long ways to go and the US is simply a massive juggarnaut that can re-position itself on the fly.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Isnt it funny that everyone can actually quote the one lie that Obama told and that was really not a lie but an error.

not an error but a lie - then again we expect nothing less than the mother of garbage

edit on 26/8/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Like him or not, Trumps getting results!

First Japan's trade deal, now china calling twice asking to restart talks. I guess those tarrifs are working and China's realizing they arent the ones in control any more.

I think Trump needs to smack them harder on IP Theft... bring evidence that no one can dispute, show it to the world in front of China, have China publicly deny or apologize

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CrazyFox

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

Name 1 provable I named several including his , "mistake" another whopper not often repeated is the video (Bemgazi) Huge blatant lie used to enhance his chance for reelection. Hillary even emailed her daughter with knowledge it was a terrorist atack. One probable lie by Trump it should be so easy. Put up or shutup
edit on 26-8-2019 by CrazyFox because: Spelling

edit on 26-8-2019 by CrazyFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox

Show some Trump lies. You called him a liar now tell us his lies.

Fact-Checkers have been exhausted by him, but from what they are able to follow, he tells the truth about 4% of the time.

www.politifact.com...

If did not ask my question clearly enough for your intellect I apologize. Post some lies told by Trump. If I wanted statistics I would do like everyone else and make them up. Post a provable lie is that at your comprehension level?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

From China's perspective it's starting to dawn on them.

Deal with Trump now, before 2020, or risk dealing with him afterwards when technically he becomes unleashed without the concerns of a reelection.

Winning.

edit on 26-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Agit8dChop

From China's perspective it's starting to dawn on them.

Deal with Trump now, before 2020, or risk dealing with him afterwards when technically he becomes unleashed without the concerns of a reelection.

Winning.

Steve Bannon made note of this, in fact I even made a thread about that.

Once he wins his second term, it'll be Trump UNLEASHED.

People haven't seen Trump yet and I'm foaming at the mouth to see his second term.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Show some Trump lies. You called him a liar now tell us his lies.

Fact-Checkers have been exhausted by him, but from what they are able to follow, he tells the truth about 4% of the time.

www.politifact.com...

If did not ask my question clearly enough for your intellect I apologize. Post some lies told by Trump. If I wanted statistics I would do like everyone else and make them up. Post a provable lie is that at your comprehension level?

Jesus...What is wrong with you?

An endless list was not sufficient?

He lies so consistently it is near impossible to pick or choose..

But what the hell, lets just look at the last 24 hours and pick one of many..

"Kim Jong Un — who I’ve gotten to know extremely well; the first lady has gotten to know Kim Jong Un, and I think she’d agree with me — he is a man with a country that has tremendous potential,” Trump said Monday morning.

White House clarifies for the president: Melania Trump hasn't met Kim Jong Un

www.usatoday.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join