It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented Proposal: BOE's Head Urges Replacing Dollar With Libra-Like Reserve Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
[ I searched and I didn't see this posted, if it is please Mods remove this post ]

Link:

www.zerohedge.com...

Then along came former Goldman banker and current (outgoing) BOE governor, Mark Carney, who in his lunchtime address laid out a shocking, radical proposal - perhaps the most stunning thing to ever be unveiled at Jackson Hole - urging to replace the US Dollar with a "Libra-like" reserve currency in a dramatic revamp of the global monetary, financial and economic order.

Is this another blow to the dollar, and more generally to the fiat paper currency and replace it with a Crypto? The elites have been working hard to get rid of the paper currency, and when you have the head of one of the biggest central banks saying this, that's something to pay close attention.

Even though I'm not an economist, this much I know, that this will bring an end to whatever financial independence that common people still have. That the big gov at its will can turn on or off your source of finances, that having all your savings in a bank in the form of a crypto currency, makes that much easier for the bankster to charge any fee they decide or to apply any controversial financial policy on your money.

Regardless of the apparent convenience that it brings, this is not good news.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

Wow...it sounds like a pretty significant endorsement to the "Its time we bankers took this s#%* over and consolidated all this power over the world we've accrued" type of statement. I think most people around here knew this day would come...and have warned of it for many a year.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Exactly! I've already known this, and in my opinion, it's just a matter of few years for this to take place. It's not even a secret at this point.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Probably not gonna happen anytime soon. Many of the politicians are gangsters and cyber currency would really complicate every transaction.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There's been talk of a FedCoin replacing the USD for some time now.

It will happen as the global economy becomes more and more a machine economy.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
No no, dude....your thread us the biggest friggin newsworthy event I ever heard of.....

And this happened at Jackson Hole....arrgggh swiftly we witness the reality of what was written 2250 years ago....

That word ...the Libra....scary.....they have it underway in Euro zone country. Strait out of Scripture....Gog going after Israel as if it had hooks in it's jaws....and a push for one world_______________. Ok contestants.....what word did Scripture say was to herald the end of the EPOCH....you can tell because the word fits the blank perfectly....I'm terrible at America Says....though he he

Everything......fits that blank....one world everything.....puzzles me off.....auto spell....I didn't type puzzles me off.

Not outraged too much.....righteously indignant. Kick axles later.....ha auto spell.....I didn't put kick evils axles.....evil axle wipes

edit on 24-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 24-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
One thing that worries me with the Libra currency is how Facebook is tipping the scales on information. How can you trust Facebook with managing a currency when looking at everything else it touches? Where are the separation of powers? Are we to make another too big to fail that does fail?

Does getting banned on Facebook cancel access to your money as well? Current operating policy says yes when you see the banning, deplatforming, demonetization and other official policy stances against an opinion.

I am sure Facebook will try and do something, handle with care and look at it like the stock market, enter at your risk.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There are such things as Cold wallets whereby Crypto can be stored offline on a personal device such as Nano Ledger and the Government could do nothing to steal them off you like China is engaging in by just taking money out of peoples bank accounts for jay walking using facial recognition,the people don't know they have been found guilty of Jay walking until the money is gone,so no Judge, no Jury and only an executioner.

Also Libra will be used to forward a Political agenda and crush dissidents by offering rewards or penalties just like the Chinese social score system...this will be the back door into the rest of the World of the Draconian 1984 Chines credit score system and some of the reason why the Hong Kong protesters are so defiant.

Zuckerberg is a Globalist puppet of the highest order just like Bill Gates,anything these pricks have to say is coming straight from Tavistock institute or a round table think tank organization leading back to the Rothschilds and whatever Evil force is above them.

The switch to Crypto is not that the bank no longer believes in the Dollar but because they think they can regulate everything to monopolize more power and bring in any perverted Law they wish and if you refuse they will just steal all your money in an instant based on a good citizen point system.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I not even knew what is BOE but I always wonder why important people propose things that will never have a chance to happen.

Are they pleasing a master, showing political alignment, creating distraction or it's just mental colapse?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

BOE = Bank of England. The City of London and home of global colonization of the English language and rules of law. With a history of slavery, commerce and war, BOE is an important hub of global infrastructure today.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Euro is to European Union as Global Crypto currency would be to Global union.
Brexit is to Pound Sterling as US China trade war is to dollar.
Watch the stable genius.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Bank of England Governor Admits The Dollar System Is Dying and Wants a Global Currency

Jeff Berwick from the The Dollar Vigilante provides his perspective of these events. There is trouble rumbling through the halls of power. Libra is bad. Sounds like some fundamental questions are on their way.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
~ Thank you everybody for your input to this thread! ~

Thanks kwakakev for reminding me that Facebook will manage Libra, and my finances as a result. What a scary thought! I hope it doesn't happen. My other point is why Libra was specifically chosen over the other ones, say bitcoin? To my knowledge, every big bank is experimenting as we speak with their own cryptos.

Thanks Southbeach for your detailed post! Coincidentally I thought about China and its notorious Credit Score System, when I put together this thread, scary indeed.

originally posted by: southbeach
[...]

Zuckerberg is a Globalist puppet of the highest order just like Bill Gates,anything these pricks have to say is coming straight from Tavistock institute or a round table think tank organization leading back to the Rothschilds and whatever Evil force is above them.

The switch to Crypto is not that the bank no longer believes in the Dollar but because they think they can regulate everything to monopolize more power and bring in any perverted Law they wish and if you refuse they will just steal all your money in an instant based on a good citizen point system.

True words Southbeach, totally agree!

edit on 25-8-2019 by miri2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So I have a question, what would this do to the value of gold and silver? All countries store mass amounts of gold. People store quantities of gold.

Wouldn't gold become more valuable? There are many people who don't use forms of 'electronic' money. I guess they would have to begin using gold pieces. Would bartering become a 'thing' again?

Lots of questions regarding a decision like this. Also, what kind of a time frame would this look like. I also think that while crypto currency isn't currently trackable, it will be. This would be a way for governments to know exactly how much money people have. ON the bright side, it might cut down on all the offshore computer system ransom hackers because they would be able to be identified.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

My other point is why Libra was specifically chosen over the other ones, say bitcoin?

Control is a big part of it. With Bitcoin the community controls it, megalomaniacs don't like that. Bitcoin cannot be fudged, no option for Quantitative Easing here. Bitcoin does keep a record of every transaction, it is tough to work out and some people are anonymous in the system. A lot of people trying to get into it these days will get there details picked up some where along the line.

An online currency system does attract the worst in humans in trying to exploit it. Bitcoin has already had a lot of hard lessons here. Its ongoing performance does put it ahead of the pack.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

in the above link is what the IMF has to say on this subject.....it's all in their favour.

when will they implement their grand plan?...Will the whole globe comply?..

could this lead to a war?.. comply or die....

www.abc.net.au...
try this link......

edit on 25-8-2019 by tri-lobe-1 because: poor link

edit on 25-8-2019 by tri-lobe-1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
is it a non-coincidence that the London Gold Markets will be closed this Monday (the 26th of August 2019)…

I think the BOE top guy spouting off about a Global CRYPTO was designed to be the 'short fuse' of a mini-crash in all world equity markets

I will hold my breath until the BOE aligns with Russia/China in their 'Dump the USD' policies... but that action would seal the demise of the USD in weeks not months as All nations would flee the USD but use existing reserves to pay down the debts they already have on-the-books (before the USD deflates to 1 cent /or less value) (all them thar Derivatives are to be paid in dollars, making them worthless BUT making the debtors happy in paying peanuts to settle the old paper debts that were in the millions)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

One big problem we have is the monopoly game going on. What happens at the end of that game? One person has it all with everyone else broke. What is happening in the distribution of wealth? It is all going to the top end while the masses go broke.

Money was about measuring in individuals input and output with society. Now it is just a game.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Control is a big part of it. With Bitcoin the community controls it, megalomaniacs don't like that. Bitcoin cannot be fudged, no option for Quantitative Easing here. Bitcoin does keep a record of every transaction, it is tough to work out and some people are anonymous in the system. A lot of people trying to get into it these days will get there details picked up some where along the line.

[...]

Makes sense, thank you kwakakev!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
🕵️‍♀️💲UNCOVERED: Why Is CIA Link To LIBRA 💲 Via IN-Q-TEL "Partners" So Deep & Deceptive!💲🕵️‍♀️

Justus Knight has recently put together a report on some of the forces putting together this currency. Sounds like it is based in Switzerland for its legal shopping. Heavily backed and influenced by members of the CIA. There are some trying to promote it as a single global currency, ain't going to fly that high.

It will have some influence amongst its Facebook members. If they can run a tight ship it will gain some facility to trade between local currencies. Heaps going on in the foreign exchange markets with trust at a premium.

top topics

join