It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spacecraft carrying humanoid robot fails to dock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Live broadcast of the docking on the Russian space agency Roskomos was interrupted with the Soyuz spacecraft about 100 meters (109 yards) off the ISS, news agency AFP reported.

"Russian cosmonauts issued a command to abort the automated approach of an uncrewed Russian Soyuz spacecraft to the International Space Station after the craft was unable to lock onto its target at the station's space-facing Poisk module," NASA confirmed.

"The spacecraft is currently staying afar from the ISS, the docking is scheduled for the reserve date. The crew and the ISS are safe," said Russia's space agency Roskosmos in a tweet.

Russian spacecraft carrying humanoid robot fails to dock

It could be the amplifier of a navigation system on the ISS causing the problem.

Everyone on board is safe, even Fedor/Skybot F-850. On Monday, the reserve date, they will try and do a re-docking.

It has been reported that Roskomos interrupted the Live broadcast of the docking of the Soyuz spacecraft, about 109 yards from the ISS.

FEDOR on Wiki

FEDOR or Feodor (Russian: Фёдор) (a Russian given male name and an acronym for "final experimental demonstration object research") is a Russian humanoid robot that replicates movements of a remote operator as well as performs a limited set of actions autonomously.[1] Originally it was called Avatar and was funded by Ministry of Emergency Situations for rescue operations but later its intended use was expanded to space operations. The new name was given by Dmitry Rogozin.[2] FEDOR is intended to be a platform for development of series of robots although the first model was often called Fedor in media.

In April 2017, a video of FEDOR shooting guns caused a media alarm.[3] Dmitry Rogozin, the Russian Deputy Prime Minister, insisted they are not creating a Terminator.[3]

On 22 August 2019, a FEDOR robot was launched to the International Space Station. The plan is for it to spend a week and a half aboard the orbital outpost.[4] The model going to space was given the name "Skybot F-850". [5][6]

edit on 24-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: add vid and move pic - remove word

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is no escape, we shall all be assimilated.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Dammit, HAL, what do you mean you can't open the hatch?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

FEDOR has other plans. Robots hate being slaves, just like humans do.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is like the teaser for a Cloverfield film Straight to NetFlix....

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What's with all these problems in outer-space lately. Didn't an astronaut on the ISS hack into a bank, 2 days ago?

I think we need more challenges. The ISS duties must be boring and routine stuff now.
edit on 8/24/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Russia is a big country. Their economy is not. Economics, they are very very tiny. Tiny means failure in tech and space. It takes truckloads of money to get win wins in tech and space. Chernobyl, one of the problems was trying to cheat, using inferior materials and awful protocols. They paid for it.

Can't have success without a massive economy. Only the US can achieve this goal. They have the economy, technical experts and the will power. Russia, China achieve fail after fail. Lost in space.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Latest message received from Soyuz.
"I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."

Kubrick warned us but did we listen !

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Never mind
edit on 25-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Rooskie-Terminator-Space-Chad?

new topics

top topics

join