It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why children across the world need to be told/reminded of the importance of CHEWING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why is chewing important?

- Prevention of obesity

- Prevention of dental diseases

- Healthy stomach and intestines

- Prevention of cancer

- Development of the brain

Chewing promotes the production of saliva. Saliva has the function of washing away food debris and bacteria remaining in the mouth, which leads to the prevention of caries and gingivitis.

An enzyme called peroxidase in saliva suppresses carcinogens in food, preventing cancers.

Chewing helps digestion and prevents overeating. It also activates the functions of your stomach and intestines.

Lion Corporation - The Importance of Chewing

Thorough mastication/chewing also greatly promotes the production of saliva which is rich in enzymes and, very importantly, EGF.

Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) is a polypeptide that stimulates growth and repair of epithelial tissue. It is widely distributed in the body, with high concentrations detectable in salivary and prostate glands and in the duodenum.

Thorough mastication of food may nourish the gut by providing it with salivary EGF. Purified EGF has been shown to heal ulceration of the small intestine.

It is very, very important that children are told/reminded of the importance of chewing so that it becomes habitual throughout their adult life.

There are many adults who still have the bad habits of their childhood which involves rushing eating and not thoroughly chewing their food. Chewing promotes better digestion, promotes cancer prevention and promotes healing of the digestive system and bowel etc.

edit on 24-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Lion Corporation url

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII
This is true; my father told his heathen children "at least 30 chews before swallowing". How would chewing gum fit into this picture if at all?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I'll Star You everytime Anakin!

Extremely thought provoking

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
How would chewing gum fit into this picture if at all?

Not to mention "chewy mints". I'm reminded of this old advert (the accent is supposed to be Yorkshire).

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
How would chewing gum fit into this picture if at all?

Not to mention "chewy mints". I'm reminded of this old advert (the accent is supposed to be Yorkshire).

LOL, love it!

top topics

join