It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivemark Syndrome - The bizarre "condition" you've never heard of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Some of you may have seen my other thread about Situs Inversus and the other thread about how the structure of the small intestines is evidence of poor/no (intelligent) design.

Ivemark Syndrome is similar to Situs Inversus, but even more bizarre.

So, what is Ivemark Syndrome?

Ivemark syndrome is a rare disorder that affects multiple organ systems of the body. It is characterized by the absence (asplenia) or underdevelopment (hypoplasia) of the spleen, malformations of the heart and the abnormal arrangement of the internal organs of the chest and abdomen.

It is in this thread that we are particularly concerned with the final segment of the above quote, namely:

...abnormal arrangement of the internal organs of the chest and abdomen...

The incidence of Ivemark is even more alarming, albeit affecting less folks than Situs Inversus.

So, how many people are affected?

The exact incidence of Ivemark syndrome is unknown. The incidence of laterality disorders taken together is estimated to be 1 in 15,000 people in the general population.

Ivemark Syndrome

edit on 24-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Example image

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

So is there a specific point you are working towards with these threads?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
*Complaints* Take it up with God 1-800- Go2-hell ........Appointments 24/7 spoken in all languages. Easy payment plan. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
*Complaints* Take it up with God 1-800- Go2-hell ........Appointments 24/7 spoken in all languages. Easy payment plan. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

"The phone number you have dialled does not exist. The phone number you have dialled does not exist."

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Can you catch this from a toilet?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lesson1

Does he need a point?

It is interesting medical issues that I have never heard about, and at least it's not about US politics.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I missed the part where God looked at His creation and saw that it was perfect.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Don't mind them, dear.
Their hearts are in the right place but their heads aren't screwed on straight.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hey, listen: some people might give you flack about these (your) threads, but personally, I am very much enjoying them. I was always fascinated by embryology, particularly, and why it fails for some people / animals, leading to weird but not random structural defects.

I had never heard of Ivemark Syndrome before, and I am a medical doctor with an interest in embryology, and forensic science. I have done scores of autopsies, but have not apparently done the 15000 plus needed to find one instance of Ivemark Syndrome. One it 15000 is rare enough, that most people will never see it, and even if they ever did (like myself until I read this thread!), then they most likely would not even understand what they are looking at hahahah.

Thanks!

edit on 24-8-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: corrected a typo

edit on 24-8-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: I can never edit just once ....

edit on 24-8-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: .

edit on 24-8-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: ..

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Well, ...when I first saw this my first thought was perhaps 2 fertilized eggs that fused, leading to a bizarre form of chimerism.
edit on 8/24/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

That would also explain the position of the heart and lung....the "twin" is facing backwards.
edit on 8/24/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The more I hear about rare diseases affecting 1:10,000, 1:15,000, 1:2000 etc, the more I've wondered - if you add up all the rare diseases, how rare are they? So I finally took to the internets and found, the answer is, at least in the US, about 1:11.

Rare Diseases Aren't That Rare

...there are an estimated 7,000 rare diseases, affecting a total of 25 to 30 million Americans

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The eyes, throat, hernia and many others are either evolutionary that good is enough even if it means imperfections that can hurt or hinder us, or God really sucked in his creations.

edit on 25-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join