It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The structure/shape of the small intestines is further evidence of poor design/no design

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Is this just more further evidence of poor [intelligent] design/no [intelligent] design?
What do to think?

It's clearly a digestive system which works. Not just in humans but across the animal kingdom.

To be honest, the OP is a case study in silliness. It looks messy, so it's wrong! How ridiculous can you get? That's what I think.

Nature's design is not silly, as it has been proved.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Nature's design is not silly, as it has been proved.

Indeed. The OP suggested that the digestive system was a poor design. I think it's a good design, because it work.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If we were designed in the conventional understanding of the word i imagine we would be rather more robust and have redundant backup organs.

Then again evolution is what it is, the survival of the fittest and all that jazz.

Can't be that bad a design considering what we have achieved in such a short time on the planet.
edit on 23-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If we were designed in the conventional understanding of the word i imagine we would be rather more robust and have redundant backup organs.

Then again evolution is what it is, the survival of the fittest and all that jazz.

Can't be that bad a design considering what we have achieved in such a short time on the planet.

Our minds did that not our bowels...but then again if our bowels gave us trouble, we would not be able to apply our minds.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I agree. There is nothing intelligent about the design of my body. Too many things hurt.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How do we know that our mind, is not the hive-mind consciousness of our collective of gut-bacteria, and perhaps mitochondria ?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Is this just more further evidence of poor [intelligent] design/no [intelligent] design?

What do to think?

Let's see ...

I had grilled ribs and beans for supper. Mango smoothie for breakfast. A lovely seafood stew for late lunch. I've ridden about 30km on my bike today. I feel fine. My food is digesting and the nutrients are apparently making to my various body parts that need them.

Lemme check to be sure ...

Yep, looks like my digestive tracts is working just fine. Moot point, I guess.

I mean, if you think you can design a better system, by all means have at it. Once you get it built and have something that works better, spread the word here. We'd love to know about it. Until then, that's all I have to say.
:

edit on 2019 8 23 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Most of you will be aware of the structure and shape of the small intestines etc.

Some of you might think "looks so squashed", "all bunched up"; "like it's just been shoved in at the last minute"; "like stuffing in too many clothes in my small suitcase".

That last one: "like stuffing in too many clothes in my small suitcase"...

What do to think?

It works, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

What do to think?

Let's see ...

I had grilled ribs and beans for supper. Mango smoothie for breakfast. A lovely seafood stew for late lunch. I've ridden about 30km on my bike today. I feel fine. My food is digesting and the nutrients are apparently making to my various body parts that need them.

Lemme check to be sure ...

Yep, looks like my digestive tracts is working just fine. Moot point, I guess.

I mean, if you think you can design a better system, by all means have at it. Once you get it built and have something that works better, spread the word here. We'd love to know about it. Until then, that's all I have to say.
:

Yea, I'm quite sure the Tramshumanists are ready to tell you it's all good! Just give us time to prove how wrong everything about our history and culture is wrong! WE CAN DO IT BETTER! lol You have no idea how hard it was for me to type that...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

This thread?
Yes, yes it is...
FFS, how many threads do you make in a day?
Go outside for a while.

I am outside.

Ever heard of the wonders of a smartphone? That means you can post when on a plane or train or in a park or at your friend's loft.
edit on 23-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SaddledMummy
Because then everyone would need a whole animal to consume.
Imagine injecting enzymes into a steak on a plate and it all turns to liquid (would be great if we were flies).

This thread is asinine.
The small intestine are designed pretty decently, the idea being to maximize surface area for nutrient extraction.
I mean, imagine if we had 4 stomachs like the bovine to effectively digest our food?

‘Doctor, we need to pump his stomach’ becomes a lot more difficult.
Humans are the pinnacle of evolution, on earth at least.

Our brains make up for any physical ability we lack and another animal possess.
Let me know when penguins build planes and have intercontinental flights.
Then we can discuss any inadequacies the small intestine may, or may not have.

edit on 24-8-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Can you write a guide or 101 on how to flood a forum with nonsensical and borderline idiotic threads? What a waste of internet space.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

What do to think?

I think you're a stoned atheist hate'n on God.
And I think that's stupid.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I would then take it up with God and point out His mistake..

I would do, but it won't answer. It doesn't exist, after all...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Not religious. Not really an "intelligent design" type of person. I don't think you need an actual consciousness for what works to end up being what survives and what doesn't work to be no longer here.

So over the ages, things that did not work well did not survive. If you look (for example) at the structures within the human neck, it's actually a pretty foolproof system for keeping us alive until we die of old age/disease or (otherwise) "natural causes".

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If you are eating meat it is a bad design....meat gives off toxins.
On the other hand if you eat vegetation.... it's a good design.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Yes, this is a silly thread, because human digestive system is very good designed for omnivores, and OP lacks for education. I'm sorry, i'm trollin' OP about injecting drool into food, but this may be a good strategy if someone injecting this to meal, what have some exosceleton like bag around.

Still, if any human being start to think about a vegetarian diet may a great thing, then, so
humanoid digestive system is not good at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaddledMummy

Much better design is as like spiderlings use. So, they crab a fly, injecting enzymes into it, so the fly is their bag of Gucci top colon design - portable and removable intestines.

So, why don't mammals use that better version of ... design?

Are you saying our digestive system does not use enzymes to do it's job?

The food you eat has the smarts to already contain the enzymes needed in order to digest.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I would then take it up with God and point out His mistake..

The ones that believe that they were chosen by God think God make a mistake when making a human man..... how weird is that?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: SaddledMummy

Much better design is as like spiderlings use. So, they crab a fly, injecting enzymes into it, so the fly is their bag of Gucci top colon design - portable and removable intestines.

So, why don't mammals use that better version of ... design?

Are you saying our digestive system does not use enzymes to do it's job?

The food you eat has the smarts to already contain the enzymes needed in order to digest.

Are you saying that the human digestive system does not have it's own enzymes that break food down?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join