It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you were stuck in space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would never put myself into a position where I left this planet, so I would never be stuck in space. I am not even that enthused about flying way up in a commercial jet, I do not mind flying in a regular airplane.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i'd count the stars.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would never put myself into a position where I left this planet, so I would never be stuck in space. I am not even that enthused about flying way up in a commercial jet, I do not mind flying in a regular airplane.

I once OBE'd into space but I reluctantly came back because of obligations. If I were a tourist or astronaut going into space and stuck there facing death, it would turn out to be the same situation...without the golden umbilical cord attached. See ya.
edit on 18CDT04America/Chicago05840431 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
My mind was wandering on this quiet day.

So, you are orbiting moon. Or on your way to Mars. Or on the ISS. Whatever. You're having your morning breakfast, and look out the window to see a planet destroying asteroid slam into Earth. You know nothing is left.

Let's say you are alone in a "future" 1 man craft. The craft is large enough that is has quarters, kitchen, etc. You have enough food, water, and energy/fuel, to last you as long as you'll live.

After gaining your composure, what would you do?

Happily live out the rest of my life without having to deal with anybodys crap. Maybe even go insane for a little while, just for the fun of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
My mind was wandering on this quiet day.

So, you are orbiting moon. Or on your way to Mars. Or on the ISS. Whatever. You're having your morning breakfast, and look out the window to see a planet destroying asteroid slam into Earth. You know nothing is left.

Let's say you are alone in a "future" 1 man craft. The craft is large enough that is has quarters, kitchen, etc. You have enough food, water, and energy/fuel, to last you as long as you'll live.

After gaining your composure, what would you do?

I would go insane. I am already semi-insane and after the situation you described, i would totally lose it.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerksMaybe even go insane for a little while, just for the fun of it.

recreational madness.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

the only issue is that, with the earth being destroyed... or at the very least knocked out of its orbit.... the moon is going for a ride! lol but the base would be a sight for sore eyes

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

originally posted by: underwerksMaybe even go insane for a little while, just for the fun of it.

recreational madness.

The best kind.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5

recreational madness.

The best kind.

No, it can be f*k ed up to say the least.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Hmm... Call a Johnny Cab . Gotta get Home to Feed my Kids .......

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Hah … a fellow fan of Family Guy?

*cackle!!*

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I would first see if I could find a peaceful planet to hang out with some space birds and space squirrels.. or maybe find a fishin hole to fish for some space fish. Then would sit in my space chair.. talk to God 24/7... expand my mind.. and hopefully ascend right out out of my head.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Likely lots of whacking.

Do you mean what I think you mean?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Depends on how long I had left... a week? I'd take all the sugary food I had, and salvage enough parts to ferment them into a crude alcohol.. then using my superior infantile intellect, manifest a still of sorts, to distill this into a very strong combustible liquid. I know what you're thinking, FUEL to send my ship into the orbit of a nearby habitable planet...

But no.. I'd just sip away, on my space vodka, listening to acca dacca...

" It's a long way to the top, if you wanna Rock and Roll..... *plays the space bag pipes* "

edit on 24-8-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join