It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Academic espionage': China suspected of flooding U.S. with students to access sensitive programs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I spent a bit of time in China and what I learned first and foremost was that the Chinese are hungry for more.

To not take them as the most serious danger to American prosperity is folly.

They are a strong economic engine. They are a strong people. They are hungry.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
For many decades China and Russia but more so China will embed families into our country. The children will go to school and have the sole purpose of getting high positions in companies so they can send intelligence home.

Isn't that the same goal of American students? Or do American students go to school just to waste time?

China is, after all, the biggest thief on the planet and will outright steal any tech they can get their hands on. It's extremely hard to compete with China on that front.

If they get the same data that would put them on an equal level, it would not give them an advantage over the US, unless they themselves have/know things the US does not.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
If you added up every Chineese male 21+ in the USA RIGHT NOW UNDER ALL AND ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUT ON USA SOIL...WHAT KIND OF STANDING gUERILLA aRMY WOULD THAT BE?

It would be one that would stand out like a sore thumb in a country whose population is mostly not Chinese. And standing out is not a helpful characteristic for a guerrilla force.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: ArMaP

America’s plan to catch China in the race to deploy super-fast hypersonic weapons may begin in college classrooms.

Catch? Does that mean that the US is losing that race?

The massive influx of Chinese students in recent years, they say, has led directly to Beijing’s advantage in the development of hypersonics and other cutting-edge technology — though U.S. officials say privately that it’s difficult, if not impossible, to track individual cases of students gaining specific insights in a given area and then taking that knowledge back home.

So, Chinese students go to the same schools as US students and learn the same things, but Beijing has an advantage. How?

For many decades China and Russia but more so China will embed families into our country. The children will go to school and have the sole purpose of getting high positions in companies so they can send intelligence home.

China is, after all, the biggest thief on the planet and will outright steal any tech they can get their hands on. It's extremely hard to compete with China on that front. [/quote

Well, nobody anticipates the United States of America to be on top for "eternity". Trying to keep that a reality would probably require mass discrimination, restrictions and sabotage - things that would not go down well in an increasingly globalised world.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think articles like this are disingenuous. Attitudes like this could lead to a slippery slope towards discrimination and whatnot.

Sorry OP - NOT disingenuous. Its SOSDD. Let me explain..

Back when I worked for a behemoth Beltway Bandit (DC area Government Contractor) in the high tech field, industrial espionage mostly compu-networking centric at the turn of this century. Managing consulting groups, the new hires
I dealt with mostly foreign post-grad students still on their student visa, working towards an H1B visa or green card. Most didn't get offered the option of a permanent job/work visa, and returned when their 12-18 visa extensions expired. Exploitative arrangement on all sides - cheap labor and free 'resume-able' work experience.

All these guys were into taking back as much as they could steal in work time billable to clients. One guy was a hacking enthusiast and had couldn't do a lick of work for various reasons like gaming until 5 in the morning. But another guy just hated the USA, he was a financial day trader type with a PhD in Computer Science. Caught hiim poking around into some gov client stuff he shouldn't have been. Day traded at one client site and got caught, bad mouthed both the company and the country while there. Not surprised if he was strictly intel ops at his reaction to being "made". The other guy was basically a jackoff with a suspicious hobby, but the Chinese guy, he was off.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Yeah, that didnt answer the question of how is it an advantage to the chinese when the US students are sitting in the same classrooms learning the same curriculum.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe. But they still can't write instruction manuals in English.a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: boomerdude

That, to me, means only one thing: they don't care about writing manuals in English (or any other language), if they did they would use real translators.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join