It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roman Emperor Nero was the AntiChrist - why do people still believe this Abrahamic nonsense?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Satan, Lucifer, The Light Bringer, The Fallen Angel - Is a very, very deceitful entity. Why not make people disbelieve he exists? Would that not make his tasks and agenda's much easier to achieve?

If I were Gods worst enemy, and I wanted to show that I can gain the trust and worship of his creation, I would make myself barely known to exist and work in the background by manipulating, deceiving and continuously changing information so that everyone is always confused. Until the end.

No one will know what to believe, they will slowly fall away from God and into my arms. So that when the timing is right, I can easily harvest their souls and prove to the almighty that I can take his creation in spite of his power.

To remove faith from humanity is the first step. Removing the basis of God is the next. Re-creating faith and God is the last. Wipe, Rinse and repeat.

You sir, are woke asf. Brilliantly put

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If he was divided, the morning star, light of the world, an fell only to rise.

If there was a hell, I'm already in it...but I'm not stuck with you...no no. I'm not.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Satan, Lucifer, The Light Bringer, The Fallen Angel - Is a very, very deceitful entity. Why not make people disbelieve he exists? Would that not make his tasks and agenda's much easier to achieve?

That's the old "bear repellent rock" argument.

I have a rock in my pocket that repels bears.
There are no bears around here.
Exactly.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
People like their little stories. It makes them feel like they have some kind of control over their chaotic lives to frame it within a certain cosmology / mythology.

As long as they don't go out and start shooting and burning other people over it, I'm fine with it. They can stew in their own version of reality, as I stew in mine. I can pat myself on the back and call others fools, but in the end, we'll all be dead, at which point this whole charade of an existence will never have meant anything anyway.

So if this is one big fat ugly Matrix simulation : what have you learned ?

i agree - that we are all in this world for a specific reason. What has this world defined your soul to become for the next stage ?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
i agree - that we are all in this world for a specific reason. What has this world defined your soul to become for the next stage ?

I don't think we're here for a particular reason. We just got caught up in DNA's crazy drive to replicate and exist through time. That we evolved with as much self-awareness as we have is really more bad luck on our part. I really hope there is no next stage, because all it does it sound like more work, more new rules to learn, more judgment. Let me rest in oblivion.
edit on 23-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I figured by now someone would have schooled you what an antichrist is??

Anyone who denies Jesus Christ, his life and resurrection is a antichrist. Anyone against the Christ. The messiah, Lord and King Jesus (Real name is Yeshua)

Nero was a famous antichrist.

Sounds like you are one too!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Only one faith has ever made the claim by a single individual, "Only through me will you see the Father"

No other faith preaches this, only Christianity. I am not talking about idols and worshiping idols but an entire religion.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not when making laws we all have to adhere to

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Because theres two abominations of the Temple in Scripture

John or Luke has the one in the future....Mathew has the on in 250 B C.

Going from memory

Keep studyin , it's a blast, I swear

The abomination was the continuation of the slaughter of goats. sheep, and bulls for 40 years (a time of testing) that the Father gave the His people to repent and accept His Son but they were and are a stiff necked people.

The Father ripped the vaile allowing accesses for all believers to come boldly into the throne room of God bring petitions and prayers. The old was over the believers did not and do not need the Jewish or any other priest to come before God for the believer.

There is no need for a pre-millennial temple. We are the temple of God for He dwells not in building made of stone.

There will be a temple but is is during the millennial reign as a memorial not to burn the flesh of animals for the removal of sin. Oh by the way the tribulation is only 3.5 years not 7 since the first half was fulfilled Christ.
edit on 23-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: formating

edit on 23-8-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
BEa reply to: DeathSlayer

What does that have to do with anything?!?!

The claim is just laughable in the first place..

1) First off is faith>works..jews do the opposite, and that makes way more sense...

Because it is real easy to act like an animal then claim you repented on the inside later, than just not acting like an animal in the first place..

2) why would the guy who created the universe, need to sacrifice his son, to save us from himself?!?!

The truth is the tenants of Christianity are laughable to anyone who ever actually stopped to think about it..

For example...

The Ten Commandments spend 3 commandments saying “don’t worship any other gods” while omitting child molestation and slavery...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

Actually the Antichrist is a future being. The evidence is the day of Jezreel prophecy of Hosea.

In the prophecy it's predicted that Israel and Judah were to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But in verse 6-2 we're given the timeline of the prophecy. 3 days in the presence of the Lord with the first 2 being the curse. But as with all bible prophesies that involve time those days have an alternate meaning. Per Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8 those days are 1000 year periods of time. The curse part of the prophecy is 2000 years long.

This would mean the Daniel 9 prophecy of 70 weeks is unfinished. The last week of the prophecy or the last days would have to happen at the end of the 2000 year curse.

The end days are a future event. And appear to be happening in the 2020s.

2028 to be precise...

The same Kabbalistic Rabbi who lived over 200 years ago predicted the Gog and Magog was would last approx 20 mins in which 2/3 of the worlds population would be eradicated. This prediction was 200 years before the first nuke was invented.

Sounds unlikely that many people would perish but who the hell knows anymore.....

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

Awe, I'm honored. Thank you

edit on 23-8-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I have never seen this before!! Loved it. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Isn't "Lucifer, Satan etc" a fallen Angel?

Aren't Angels the "Sons of God"?

Why would God hate his son so, when he told his Earth sons to forgive their sins, turn the other cheek, blah blah blah....?

Logical people can see it for what it is.....a bunch of stories concocted to keep the Plebs in tow.

Be they the early desert tribe plebs, or the gullible modern Roman ones of the early AD.

If you Really want to study ancient Human texts and scriptures, handed down over millenia via the spoken word, study The Dreamtime...
....just as believable as that Arab desert tribe myths.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Whether you may or may not believe it; it doesn't change how I view parts of this world. God works in mysterious ways.

However, I will take your suggestion and have a glance over it to see what it may add.

The Dreamtime is the Aboriginal understanding of the world, of it's creation, and it's great stories. The Dreamtime is the beginning of knowledge, from which came the laws of existence. For survival these laws must be observed.

Looks to be interesting already.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Nero was a prototype of the eventual, End times, AntiChrist…

the Endtimes AC will Seize the Kingdom by Stealth & Fraud, by lying and 'flatterys' he will take power (call it a 'Coup')
(( the Endtimes AC is also called the 8th King but one-of-the-seven (the 7 heads of the 10 horned Beast))
the Endtimes AC will 'lay low' or 'rip-out' 3 of those Kings during the Seizing-of-the-kingdom with a 'small party' …
plus the endtimes final Empire Beast will be like a Leopard, have mouth-of-Lion, & feet-of-bear--->

A look into past references to animals as symbols of Empires throughout scriptures/Eschatology were:
the leopard was Greece+Alexander-the-Macedonian, (predominantly Islamic states of the region, Serbs/Croats etc)
the Lion was the Tribe-of-Judah, (not England)
and the Bear is associated with the Medes-Persians currently Iran/Shia-Islam (not Russia)

the above actions by the Endtimes AC sounds Nothing Like how NERO came to power
I also put forward that the actual First Antichrist was the first civilization Emperor whose name was NIMROD, the Orion/Hunter personification or Demi-God of the pre-flood Era

thanks for slogging thru my post

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Well thank you, you are welcome.

They had interesting beliefs, although through the context of their land, and understanding of their "Country", each tribe had their own Country.....the land of their ancestors and spirituality, each tribe had their own totem animal spirit guide.

Of course, much like your native "Indian" peoples.......the land is the Mother, humans merely belong to the land.

A much more holistic and human attitude to their place on Earth......compared to the fabricated new Scriptures, used as a control mechanism to keep the populace under control.....but in a bad way.

Admittedly, the Old Jew Testament, with the 10 Commandments etc, is a book of law, with the myths included.

Much like all human tribes rule of laws.

edit on 24-8-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I think most people are against stupidity. Definitely if you do a poll everyone says yes... And make no mistake, someone is being stupid.. Either one denomination is correct and EVERYONE else is stupid, or all religious people are stupid..

Stupid is a derogatory attitude and I don't think you mean stupid. I believe you mean ignorant. All people can be ignorant of certain things or happenings but that does not make them stupid.

You say that "Either one denomination is correct and EVERYONE else is stupid, or all religious people are stupid" but stop and think of what you say. What would that make you? Do you think you get a free pass simply because you are not religious? Now what if one were spiritual but not religious? Does that put that one into one of your categories and if so please explain which category would you assign that one?

You see, all people who believe in the Abrahamic God [or any god for that matter] are not necessarily religious. There are some who practice a certain religion and there are some that do not subscribe to a any religion. There are some Abrahamic denominations that have identical liturgy but have one or several secular differences. It is so convoluted that I do not believe you fully understand just how convoluted it truly is. A good example is that some Baptists congregations are totally independent one from another and being independent the congregations may have the same liturgies but differences in how to govern the church on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. But many congregations that have differences may be on the same same page as far as being righteous.

So then who is to judge this matter? Most certainly not you or me. My opinion would be that in this theological world of religions and spirits, the judge must be one that all of us are ignorant of. If not one of us can proove or disprove this God as proof to others then it extends also to the ones that do not subscribe to any religion or spirituality also. That means that all people are in the same boat till proof can be established. Are not those that reject religions just as ignorant as those who choose the wrong religion? That is why this is all categorized as Theology7. You are part of that Theology regardless of whether you want to be or do not want to be. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Now this is the kind of idea that ATS should be for!

Thank you NoClue!

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The anti-christ just may be human consciousness itself. The idea of you and me. It seems as if it is one stream of consciousness run by a matrix machine that tricks each individual brain to imagine that is an individual apart from it and more importantly that it's purpose is to fight for your survival(It's survival) when the truth is.. it's only function is for the eternal damnation of your soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join