It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evolution theory is a huge misinterpretation of the Bible.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: GreenGunther

This thread should be closed down for trolling.

It's a huge misinterpretation of the Bible. How could they be so wrong?

Maybe this can be moved to the LOL forum.

Well, I believe the bible was created to enslave humanity.
So I don’t expect it to contain any facts.
Soo no suprise here...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

A course in subjugation to God with the intent to serve your brother.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

A course in subjugation to God with the intent to serve your brother.

Sounds like something a slaver would say to make his livestock more compliant and his job easier. Give up free will, become property and do your duty to family and country. What's a little sacrifice compared to saving the world from evil? But who the enemy is changes every time you ask. Give it a try.
edit on 25-8-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Well if you read the Bible you are reading a book which is the product of Man.

What i see in all organized religious practice, in all its many guises is control of peoples hearts and minds, via constructs and agenda.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Well, I believe the bible was created to enslave humanity.
So I don’t expect it to contain any facts.
Soo no suprise here...

It was actually created to set people free from the type of enslavement that people have been indoctrinated and conditioned to see as freedom (see bolded quotation further below for an example).

Is evolution a scientific fact? Smithsonian Institution scientist Porter Kier is very dogmatic. At an annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, he said: “There are a hundred million fossils, all catalogued and identified, in museums around the world. That’s a hundred million facts for evolution.” How 100,000,000 fossils, admittedly not the transitional ones the theory demands, constitute 100,000,000 facts proving evolution, is not at all clear. Kier then adds that, while evolutionists may argue over details, “they agree that evolution is a fact and should be so labeled.”

Famous evolutionist Theodosius Dobzhansky is not so dogmatic. In the book Evolution, Dobzhansky and his coworkers described it as a hypothesis or theory and made this admission: “Scientific hypotheses can only be accepted provisionally, since their truth can never be conclusively established.” Using Dr. Karl Popper as authority, the book also states: “A hypothesis that is not subject, at least in principle, to the possibility of empirical [experimental] falsification does not belong in the realm of science.” Stephen Jay Gould of Harvard also refers to Popper and says: “A set of ideas that cannot, in principle, be falsified is not science.”

Why is all of this relevant to our discussion? Because it is on this basis that Gould and others eliminate creation as a science and therefore say it should not be included in science classes. Creation is not testable, not falsifiable by scientific experimentation. Creationists say ‘God did it’ and there’s no way to test that or prove it false. “‘Scientific creationism’ is a self-contradictory phrase,” Gould says, “precisely because it cannot be falsified.” But he is adamant that evolution is a fact.

Very interestingly, however, Dr. Popper applies this same criterion to evolution. He says: “I have come to the conclusion that Darwinism is not a testable scientific theory, but a metaphysical research program.” Since it is not testable, the evolutionary theory is not science, according to these definitions. Not observable, not demonstratable by experiment, supported only by dogmatic assertions, it is not verifiable by the scientific method. Dr. Popper is highly respected for his study of the scientific method, and based on this method he finds evolution wanting as a legitimate scientific theory. Rather, he finds it to be, not science, but suitable for metaphysical research.

Why, then, do so many scientists believe evolution? “The reason why Darwinism has been almost universally accepted,” writes Dr. Popper, is that “its theory of adaptation was the first nontheistic one that was convincing; and theism was worse than an open admission of failure, for it created the impression that an ultimate explanation has been reached.” As evolutionist Peter Medawar puts it: “For a biologist the alternative to thinking in evolutionary terms is not to think at all.”

The acceptance of evolution by scientists has largely been due to their dislike of the alternative​—theism, a belief in God. But is it scientific to accept a theory simply because you do not like the alternative? What may rankle scientists like Medawar is that acknowledging God as Creator means they would be glorifying Him when they discovered amazing new facts about His creation. Would that be too much for their pride? Atheist Aldous Huxley’s admission reveals another possibility, when he says: “We objected to the morality [of the Bible] because it interfered with our sexual freedom.”

Is evolution a scientific fact? No.

Is it a testable scientific theory? No.

Does it adhere to the scientific method? No.

Is there cause for reasonable doubt?

Is it reasonable to doubt that amoebas became fish? or fish, lizards? or that lizards turned into robins and wolves?

The book “Evolution,” by Dobzhansky, said that while the truth of evolution could never be established, it was a hypothesis “corroborated beyond reasonable doubt.” “Reasonable doubt” is legally defined as “such a doubt as would cause a reasonable and prudent man in the graver and more important affairs of life to pause and hesitate to act upon the truth of the matter charged [or, claimed].” One judicial decision ruled: “A ‘reasonable doubt’ is such a doubt as an upright man might entertain in an honest investigation after truth.”​—“Black’s Law Dictionary,” p. 580.

In court if there is reason to doubt a crucial piece of evidence, no conviction follows. Is it reasonable to have doubts that life spontaneously generated by chance? Reasonable to doubt that amoebas became fish? or fish lizards? or lizards turned into robins and wolves? Is doubting evolution reasonable doubt or unreasonable doubt?

Do people believe it only because others have told them they should, otherwise they are anti-science, ignorant and/or stupid (religious fanatics, etc., any negative picture or label)? Is it really true, “corroborated beyond reasonable doubt”?

“You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​—JOHN 8:32.
“What Is Truth?”

... Where can such truth be found? On one occasion, Jesus said in prayer to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17)

He was referring to the Bible.

The Way to True Freedom

HOW TO GAIN TRUE FREEDOM

13, 14. How can we gain true freedom?

13 Some people think that having unlimited freedom would be best. But would it really? Even though having freedom has many benefits, can you imagine what the world would be like if there were no limits at all? The World Book Encyclopedia says that the laws of every organized society are complicated because they must protect and at the same time limit people’s freedom. This is not always easy. For that reason, we see so many laws and so many lawyers and judges who try to explain and apply them.

14 Jesus Christ explained how we can have true freedom. He said: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31, 32) So to have true freedom, we need to do two things. First, we need to accept the truth that Jesus taught. Second, we need to become his disciples. Doing these things will give us true freedom. But freedom from what? Jesus said: “Every doer of sin is a slave of sin.” He added: “If the Son sets you free, you will be truly free.”​—John 8:34, 36.

15. Why can the freedom that Jesus promised make us “truly free”?

15 The freedom that Jesus promised his disciples is so much better than the kind of freedom most people want today. When Jesus said, “If the Son sets you free, you will be truly free,” he was talking about freedom from slavery to sin, the worst kind of slavery humans have ever experienced. In what way are we slaves of sin? Sin causes us to do bad things. It can also prevent us from doing what we know is right or from doing our best. The result is frustration, pain, suffering, and eventually death. (Romans 6:23) ...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Yes, of course, Jesus sets you free and questioning leads to enslavement...
I wish indoctrination could be quantified and showed to the individual in question.
edit on 25-8-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well if you read the Bible you are reading a book which is the product of Man.

What i see in all organized religious practice, in all its many guises is control of peoples hearts and minds, via constructs and agenda.

I always find it funny how so many different religions exist, yet they all believe that their sky fairy is the true chosen one.
It's like watching kids fight over who's imaginary friend is the best.

Nothing indoctrinates like religion.
I believe true freedom is being able to say 'I don't know, but I'll keep searching'.
Accepting religion as an answer to life is to accept enslavement.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Saving the world of evil starts with not being evil yourself.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

There's only one god.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There's only one god.

Me

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Keep an open mind and hedge one bets probably the ticket really.

In the end, there is nothing new under the Sun, not even religion.

I do however imagine peoples belief in God offers them an enormous peace of mind.

I don't know what happens next if anything, my bet on some form of group or shared consciousness connected or emanating from the quantum realm down there amongst the foam.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And Trevor be thy name. LoL

Don't you imagine the dude would be lonely?

There is not even one god in the bible, from one testament to the other, those are two very different entities.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

God is the only shared consciousness.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Where?

When?

How?

Because inquiring minds other than God would like to know.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Joyfully, on earth, when saved.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So no answers other than gibberish really?

Guess ignorance is bliss i suppose.

Nobody else can offer up any meaningful answers, myself included, all the same.

Ile take science over religion I'm afraid, i like to look before i leap.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Let me help you.

Where? On earth.

When? When saved.

How? Joyfully.

You can spare the gibberish for yourself next time.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sorry, i require additional help, that clarifies nothing I'm afraid.

I think its the Bible that might contain the gibberish.

Science and evolution not so much.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That's because you are a child of darkness.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ah right so now because i don't hold with your belief system im somehow a "child of darkness"?

Christened a Protestant mate, we might even be in the same club. LoL

edit on 25-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join