It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Heading For a New Civil War?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Civil war in the USA?

Who are the participating factions?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetatronOne
Civil war in the USA?

Who are the participating factions?

Jets vs Sharks

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

There would not be much of a war because the left have given up all their weapons, or never had any , I believe.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Remember...
there are several reasons that will always push someone to kill:
-resources (think: food/water/shelter)
-revenge (you killed my father, prepare to die)
-fear (I'll kill you before you kill me)

I'd like to think I'd never kill a fellow american citizen over politics, but if their idea of politics mean they need to kill me, than I'm not going to just let them walk into my life and have me put to death.

If civil war breaks out, it will be caused by one of those things... not squabbling over politics or politicians. Granted, once society breaks down and the police go home to protect their families, all bets are off on why people kill eachother.

Maybe it will start after a major disaster disrupts supply lines. Major cities with millions of people are always just a few short days away from starvation, but manage to just barely keep food flowing into the city at just the last moment. All it would take is a sufficient disruption of the supply lines to turn a large city into a civil-war zone.

Or maybe someone will finally expose our government for some of the massive corruption that takes place, and riots in the streets will turn into blocked highways. Stop the trucks and there's no more food.

Or maybe our sham of a currency will finally collapse, as it is completely unsustainable. Nobody is going to keep working for free to feed the masses.

Honestly, we're never that far away from a civil war- the only real question is where will the lines be drawn.
If government collapses under the weight of the failed currency, it would very likely be drawn between factions with different ideas of how to replace it.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Civil wars are without equal when it comes to bloodshed....I can point you to the Chinese, Russian, American or, more recently, the Slavic wars of the late 20th century...

These wars, born from with in, were bloodier per capita than any wars they would they would experience from with out....Germany being the notable exception because they foolishly fought to the end and the allied forces rightly killed them with great prejudice...

Civil wars create the most destructive cycles of oppression and revenge the worlds high societies know....they are, firstly and only, BLOODY...
Anyone who knows even the most basic of world history should know the same...
Civil Wars are terrifying...

I love America to quote a great political historian, “while I may not agree with the nature of your words, I will fight for you to the end your right to say them.”

This is the foundation of America....we are the modern incarnation of the city in the hills...

-Chris

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What are you going to fight a Civil War with? An angry mob does not cut it. In times of civil unrest, that's what we have--ineffectual and unarmed mobs who either burn down their own houses and attack minority-owned businesses, or in the case of Wall Street, the ultimate act of defiance was to defecate on a cop car. There is no organized opposition here and what opposition there is is basically unarmed and ineffectual. On the other side you have people who have more arms and ammunition than most of the rest of the world combined. So I don't see it happening myself.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Are you so obtuse as to conflate the vile institution of slavery(read ‘states rights’ s Carolinians) to the langue politic’ of our time?

Honestly, is this what you are asking?

Do I want Texas and my neighboring states(?) to secede and bear arms against my fellow Americans?
If this is your point then you are either foreign, politically/historically/totally NAIVE or very very dense....my guess is that u are probably not on the brink of splitting [again] the atom, fusing the atom or accomplishing anything of intellectual splendor....

I’m actually offended by the utter and complete absurdity of your post....
Wow....you need to visit some of us in flyover country...we are not the inbred yokels your dismissive post seems to believe....
And I understand I am drawing conclusions based on the utter banality of your op....but wow, what a waste of time...

-Chris

Lordy! No more mercy you show for a few words appearing on your computer screen wants me to be one Hell of a long way from you if any thing starts. --Just what part of Texas do you thrive in?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The fragility of civillization, especially one as highly complex as our is today is the main thrust of your OP. And I agree.
I think that both liberal and conservative can agree on that, that where we are now and now we are now is no longer sustainable and those fragile threads are in jeopardy. Both sides offer dramatic changes in the current structure of society as their solutions to this fragility.

Me, I see that this fragility can only be handled by returning to more moderate means of corrections to these weakening social bonds. Conservatism has had it's fling at dramatic change with the current Trumpian efforts. I rue the day that we hire a dramatic left agenda to try and pull us in their direction as well. Neither bodes well.

Civll war? If Trump wins again, what's left of the left will freek out and who knows where that will lead. But if Trump loses and crys his eyes out about how he was cheated and oh oh look at the fraud and all, who knows to what steps his ardent support groups will stoop.

No, I think we need, I mean NEED to hire moderates to run for office in 2020

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Don't forget Religion, its apt to be in there somewhere.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There would not be much of a war because the left have given up all their weapons, or never had any , I believe.

You believe wrong. I lean progressive Libertarian and I have more than enough firearms to protect me and my loved ones.

I believe all liberals should exercise their 2nd amendment rights. These are unusual times for America.
edit on 22-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Don't forget Religion, its apt to be in there somewhere.

A definite possibility...."Jews will not replace us" will be the battle cry!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
I'd like to think I'd never kill a fellow american citizen over politics, but if their idea of politics mean they need to kill me, than I'm not going to just let them walk into my life and have me put to death.

watch antifa in action.
those guys would beat the crap out of me in a heartbeat. pure hatred and will for violence.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Where would this war take place? Would the cites be fighting fly over states? Would all the city or country folks invade each others spaces? I cant see enough out right division as there was in the war between the states for a new civil war to start.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Definitely one of the keys is acting out of insecurity. Politics alone isn’t enough. Keeping with guns, pro gun owners have doubts that they will retain their possessions and freedoms (insecurity); anti gun owners fear being killed by a firearm (insecurity). But which has the greater potential for a strong pushback? Obviously the pro gun side feels more threatened although the consequences are not as severe (loss of property versus loss of life).

So long as the gun issue remains a political football, then there will be no conflict. It’s when it becomes an action instead of a concept is when things get dicey.

Closer to home is food, resources and security as points. Even in our absolute worst and poorest neighborhoods all three is better than most other countries at any given minute. So while a new civil war is by no means a zero percent chance, because anything can happen. The odds of one breaking out in the next ten years is very low. Simple politics...dang near zero.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Unless the government attempts a gun grab I don’t think there will be a civil war. The day some progressive a-hole attempts to violate the Constitution and take my weapons there will be a problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Unusual times in America. Even the discussion of civil war in America is appalling. Unusual enough for me and my lady to exercise options to leave for a more peaceful environment.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Great point.

Though, I imagine the stress was seriously high then. Everyone had the fear of a full on nuclear war.

Maybe it's a 50 year cycle

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: carewemust

You believe wrong. I lean progressive Libertarian and I have more than enough firearms to protect me and my loved ones.

I believe all liberals should exercise their 2nd amendment rights. These are unusual times for America.

Hmmm... how many times have I heard you claim you're actually quite conservative, yet again here you are buttressing your arguments in robes of a different color. I'll be honest, it raises a great point here which is topical... the issue of double agents and what role they potentially play in any civil war lead up. We have wolves in sheep's clothing among us in great numbers (and that's probably true of both sides) but their dishonesty and, especially, their antagonizing of otherwise traditional political disagreements by disingenuously portraying them as much more than they actually are, directly lying about things, and artificially stoking fires of discord in the name of virtue signaling exposes the real enemy we should unite and drive from our country and possibly even our globe... charlitains... false prophets... liars masquerading as bastions of integrity, these are the individuals who will ultimately lead us into open conflict assuming we don't extract our heads from our rectums and drive them from us with rods.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Keep my answer simple

Do you want to kill your fellow American brother or sister over politics?

No I didnt think so, thats what most sane people believe

Not unless they try to kill me first. The governments need to split and let the people choose which side represents them most.

I'd love to bet on how quickly democrats start coming to the Conservative side once they don't have us as a target anymore and have to start going after each other. Democrats can't go one day without being hateful, they strive on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

And once again, it was democrats in the 60's that refused to compromise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join