It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vacation....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's the perfect time to try out a new hobby or something you've always wanted to do. If you've never taken time off, you'll probably find yourself getting anxious without something to do.

Go for it! Have fun.

I did a corporate gig for five years a little whole back. I was an operations manager for a logistics company, and had about 30 employees and worked 60 a week, a lot of those weeks were 6 days. I would have to hit different shifts too. Eventually I got burnt out, even though I was only 25~.

I had a pretty decent cushion so I just got an easy part time gig for a whole... And I almost lost my mind.

MisterSpock, I would definitely find a hobby, or make a list of things you've always been putting off around the house. Whether it was conscious or not, your mind got used to getting satisfaction out of completing tasks day in and day out... And while it may have been in an unhealthy way, I'd suggest finding a healthy way to transition out of that habit.

That's said, congratulations. Our lives are too short for complacency, and I wish you the best on your new journey.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

...The only fear I have is that I'll fall into bad habits or new habits(day drinking)...

Don't judge me! How else am I supposed to get through the day without incident?!

But, anyway, good luck!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The only fear I have is that I'll fall into bad habits or new habits(day drinking). But overall I'm pretty optimistic that I'll persevere (as always) and make good life choices(overall).

Not to dig into your personal affairs, but is there a precedent guiding your fear?

Do you do anything artistic/creative?

ETA I've heard it said that boredom is great gift; in it, we find talent, energy, drive, and ideas of which we didn't know we were capable. I wonder why it seems like we are discouraged from experiencing it? (Rhetorical.)

Best luck as your new path reveals itself to you.
edit on 22/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

"I've heard it said that boredom is great gift"

this is a good vid that explains it:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I watched with interest, but was slightly crestfallen when there was a plug for an password app at the end!

I will say that even though ATS is in many cases an indulgence, I like that there are forums like short stories, and of course the acronym thread, so at least the option to waste my time thoughtfully is on the table.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

The only fear I have is that I'll fall into bad habits or new habits(day drinking). But overall I'm pretty optimistic that I'll persevere (as always) and make good life choices(overall).

Not to dig into your personal affairs, but is there a precedent guiding your fear?

Do you do anything artistic/creative?

ETA I've heard it said that boredom is great gift; in it, we find talent, energy, drive, and ideas of which we didn't know we were capable. I wonder why it seems like we are discouraged from experiencing it? (Rhetorical.)

Best luck as your new path reveals itself to you.

Nothing so deep as you imply.

As most people do, you have your "work" time or obligations and then your "free" time of the day.

I'm in no way artistic or creative, any hobby I've had I've recently abandoned(due to time constraints).

I'll literally be coming "out of the hole" going from all my time accounted for(due to obligations not of my "choosing"(work)) and into unrestricted unaccounted free time.

I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm good at self assessment. Even if I do spend a week or two just jacking off and drinking while accomplishing nothing. I'll eventually tire of it and want to move forward.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I went on a long vacation once also.

Well, it was a "home" for a little "issue" with a chainsaw, 2 jars of olives, and a ferret named Kevin, but I didn't have to work and got lots of rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join