It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think Trump is taking this Israel thing a bit too far

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That's not what he said.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The tricky part is I can't confidently gauge someone unless I meet them and spend some time with them. I can't tell where his showmanship begins and ends, and where his true self fills the voids.

Many say he is very personal in person, he is very popular at his conventions in not only the showmanship speeches that he does rather well with much of it off the cuff, but the personal engagements afterwards. I can assume if you met him you might just find yourself actually liking the guy...lol

Have you ever received email from someone you never met and the email was almost on the level of rude every time and you thought boy this person is an ass, and one day you meet the person and they are like the nicest person around?

I have a feeling Trump is much like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sometimes one might even think that Israel has dominance over the USA.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen .... Welcome to Zion

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Many say he is very personal in person, he is very popular at his conventions in not only the showmanship speeches that he does rather well with much of it off the cuff, but the personal engagements afterwards. I can assume if you met him you might just find yourself actually liking the guy...lol

It's very possible. I've always made it a point to avoid conflating someone as a professional and who they are on personal time. I used to be in logistics, and we all had to put business first and often be quite curt. But work hard play hard as they say... We all got along when we could let our hair down.

I didn't like the Bush presidency, but I always got the vibe I'd love him as a person. His interview with Jimmy Kimmel a year or two ago was priceless

(post by conspiracy nut removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I don’t disagree with you, but the poster I was responding to saying this would increase anti Semitism is wrong

Trumps statement was dumb because saying anybody based in their group is disloyal if they vote a certain way is dumb

However, trump did also say they may be ignorant of the facts

Regardless, not my favorite tweet of his, but not a big deal

The real story is how this clumsy statement is used to attack trump, meanwhile the actual anti semites in the squad are covered for by the Dems and the media

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It's very possible. I've always made it a point to avoid conflating someone as a professional and who they are on personal time. I used to be in logistics, and we all had to put business first and often be quite curt. But work hard play hard as they say... We all got along when we could let our hair down.

I didn't like the Bush presidency, but I always got the vibe I'd love him as a person. His interview with Jimmy Kimmel a year or two ago was priceless

As others have said and I think based on your observations of his life he has no filter and never needed one until now. We can all agree it helped him some in the primaries, but it is a fault that he has that is negative and takes away from any positive he does. Say that it is by far not the worst fault other Presidents have had.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

agree on this one. Sign a few more EO's helping veterans, and quietly, QUIETLY, let the left self destruct on their own. But for God's sake, let one pass every now and then.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don’t disagree with you, but the poster I was responding to saying this would increase anti Semitism is wrong

I didn't say that. I said that anti-Semitism is created when Jews are demonized. Donald Trump just used a centuries old trope, that demonizes Jews as disloyal, to demonize American Jews who vote Democratic, portraying them as disloyal and/or ignorant.

edit on 21-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I see what you mean now that you put it into context... I still don't think a measurable amount of the left is actually anti-semetic though.

Just as I don't think white supremecy is as big of a concern as many would have us believe.
edit on 21-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I didn't say that. I said that anti-Semitism is created when Jews are demonized. Donald Trump just used a centuries old trope, that demonizes Jews as disloyal, to demonize American Jews who vote Democratic.

Yep that’s incorrect in my opinion

Trump clearly was defending Israel and going after what he sees as a party with loud members cheering for its removal, and the Dems who allow this to occur

I would say those Dems are increasing anti semitism far more than trump calling them out or the people who vote for them

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

agree on this one. Sign a few more EO's helping veterans, and quietly, QUIETLY, let the left self destruct on their own. But for God's sake, let one pass every now and then.

I saw that EO today and couldn't be more in agreement. I really want our government to show these men they didn't serve in vein.

I think someone should keep an eye on Trumps tweets running up to the election though. Like I said earlier if he throws this the dems can shoe in one of their worse.

I usually let his tweets slide... But this one really bugged me.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I see what you mean now that you put it into context... I still don't think a measurable amount of the left is actually anti-semetic though.

Just as I don't think white supremecy is as big of a concern as many would have us believe.

I agree totally with you, which is why trumps tweet is dumb

Let’s use this example

Maybe a guy is a coal miner

Now it seems you would have to be crazy to vote for someone like Bernie who advocated the green new deal to put your industry out of business

But maybe this guy also wants universal health care and is pro choice, so he votes Bernie

It is dumb to say that makes him disloyal to coal miners

Not a huge deal, but dumb

That’s how I feel about trumps comments about Jews that vote democrat

It’s dumb, but it’s nowhere near as offensive to Jews as the Democratic Party backing the squad and their anti semitism

But I do not think that means most Dems are anti semites; not even close

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Trump clearly was defending Israel and going after what he sees as a party with loud members cheering for its removal, and the Dems who allow this to occur

79% of American Jews vote Democratic. He's demonizing those Jews.

This has nothing to do with Omar or Tliab. That's Trump's projections.

American Jews relate to the Democratic Party because of it's platform and values, and oppose the Republican platform and their values, especially when it concerns immigration.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you can speak for why Jews vote the way they do?

Im sorry I not buying that the squad wanting Israel wiped off the map, and the Dems being silent on it doesn’t increase anti semitism

But trump calling them out and questioning why Jews would vote for them does

edit on 21-8-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

...The m sorry I not buying that the squad wanting Israel wiped off the map...

Show me. Show me where Omar or Tliab ever suggested or supported the idea of wiping Israel out of existence?

Your hyperbole is ignorant.

And, as long as we're talking about wiping people off the map, that the whole evangelical agenda is all about wiping out Jews in the Apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They support a BDS group that wants Israel to not exist as a country.

They repost cartoons from a winner of a holocaust denial contest.

“Ending the occupation doesn’t mean anything if it doesn’t mean upending the Jewish state itself…BDS does mean the end of the Jewish state

-Ahmed Moor,
Pro-BDS Author

BDS represents three words that will help bring about the defeat of Zionist Israel and victory for Palestine.”

–Ronnie Kasrils

“Good riddance! The two-state solution for the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is finally dead. But someone has to issue an official death certificate before the rotting corpse is given a proper burial and we can all move on and explore the more just, moral and therefore enduring alternative for peaceful coexistence between Jews and Arabs in Mandate Palestine: the one-state solution.”

-Omar Bargouti

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

But hey, nice of you to criticize trump for labeling entire groups of people, and then quickly outing yourself by anouncing all evangelicals want to wipe jews out.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Sometimes one might even think that Israel has dominance over the USA.

Yup! When our own government tries to make it illegal for the use of our 1st to condemn Israel just what the hell good does our 1st represent.

It's all or nothing folks. Condemning the actions of a nation state does not mean condemning the people who are genetically of that religion/race.

Why is it every other religion is open for attack other than those of Jewish faith?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

And, the President of the United States retweets white supremist and anti-Semite cartoons and comments all time.

Omar and Tliab align with a groups that opposes human rights violations of the Palestinian people. Some of the people that also align with those groups might express extremism, like our president does.

There are very fine people, on both sides, on both sides.

Our Congresswomen are examples of that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join