It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Matrix Movie Coming Next In the Next Few Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So yeah..Just saw this... "The Matrix' reloads with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss"

Looks like they are going to do third movie coming up with production scheduled to start next year.
While I really enjoyed the first film I thought the last two fell far short of the standard set.
That being said I will still go see this to see what the next chapter of the story is: www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would definitely go and see it. No idea what they are going to do to write back in Carrie Ann Moss's character though. She was legit impaled in the real world and is quite dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

She will probably be an AI that exists in the matrix for motivation and logistics support. Or, machines hook d her up to life support right after neo walked away and her mind has been jacked back in, this time as an evil slave working with them.

Hopefully we get to see some level of reintegration of humans to the real world with Zion as some new age Utopia of coexistence where machine and human live in tandem like rhyme city in the Pokemon movie. Seems legit either way and worth a watch.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Keanu is going to look pretty silly in a dress.

Honestly the last 2 films were so bad I'm sure even 20 years later it will affect the box office for this new one.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You're assuming that actually was the real world.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Keanu is going to look pretty silly in a dress.

Honestly the last 2 films were so bad I'm sure even 20 years later it will affect the box office for this new one.

Of the 3 films I disliked the 2nd one the most. The 3rd one I didnt think was near as bad.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

She will probably be an AI that exists in the matrix for motivation and logistics support. Or, machines hook d her up to life support right after neo walked away and her mind has been jacked back in, this time as an evil slave working with them.

Hopefully we get to see some level of reintegration of humans to the real world with Zion as some new age Utopia of coexistence where machine and human live in tandem like rhyme city in the Pokemon movie. Seems legit either way and worth a watch.

Gotta say, those are some decent scenarios for Trinity

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

You're assuming that actually was the real world.

yes. yes I am.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hollywood seems incapable of making a truly good movie these days, which has me very worried for this movie. If you thought the last two Matrix movies were bad well there's a very high chance this one will make them look much better, as happens with many reboots. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting a shallow plot with lots of fighting scenes that have fancy CGI but still don't compare to the original.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

They need to do a movie on the Morpheus/Trinity backstory.

Other then that they need to leave the story arc where it is.

Dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Of the 3 films I disliked the 2nd one the most. The 3rd one I didnt think was near as bad.

I didn't really think the 2nd one was that bad. I haven't seen the 3rd one, my old room-mate never bought it. He is a movie buff, so I figured if he didn't buy it, then it must not be that good. I did ask him about it once, and he said that he's still waiting for them to make the 3rd movie. That says a lot. lol

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Both Neo and Trinity are dead at the end.

*Spoilers*

When Smith tried to assimilate him the first time he stopped it and told them back on the ship that he felt as though he was dying. When Smith took that one dude over and picked up the phone he entered into the body of that guy so his consciousness is dead. Baby face needed Smiths code to destroy him so Neo let Smith assimilate him so the source could do his thing. Neo is dead. There's no coming back from that....

I agree. This movie is going to be garbage... why can't Hollywood leave things alone how they are. I found the the three movies not to be that bad. Even the last two... for most people there's a lot of information and philosophical dilemmas that make the brain hurt but if you watch them as Agent Smith being the actual One then it's really not that bad... Neo is just a glorified Superman

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Someone must be hurting for money. They should have stopped at the first one. The 2nd and 3rd had moments but like most sequels, they just didn't measure up.

Hollywood lost their imaginations and talent years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Curious to see what Lilly and Lana come up with.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
"Freeze"

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
"Freeze"

That scene never gets old...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I thought they were all pretty good. especially compared to the normal mind numbing # that comes out of hollywood. The first one was the best but I thought the others made you think a little too.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm in!

Unlike most people, I loved the trilogy.
Agreed the 2nd and 3rd were pretty badly flawed, but I was so in love with the whole concept I just let that slide.
Great movies

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
A lot of CGI and a bit of a story, Matrix 1 was quite good. Hope the story will be better than the last 2 Matrices.
Definitely going to watch this one.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh joy.
Another Hollywood attempt to milk a franchise.
Nobody was asking for this movie.
I'm sure we'll get a woke version to so they can blame it's box office failure on toxic masculinity and racism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join