It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photographed In Washington State In 2018 Looks A Lot Like Space Shuttle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
I was gonna say x37-b also....... Certainly got that shape, i wouldnt say it was as big as the shuttle.

It appears to be more over the wooded area, in the foreground, rather than above the mountain.

That's a good surmise, the shape and white on black and, at that angle the tailplane perhaps not so visible.
Only question is would it be likely to be in that area?

edit on 20-8-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No, your probably not likely to see it here, it just appeared a very similar shape.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
a reply to: smurfy

No, your probably not likely to see it here, it just appeared a very similar shape.

There is one thing though, it's current mission should be coming to end if one of the known two is to carry out another mission in December this year.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Blurred...

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks more like the HL-20 Dream Chaser to me:

ETA now all I can see is a bird thanks to Archivalist and Blue Shift
edit on 20-8-2019 by OwwMyHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OwwMyHead

There again, this is something to consider, the LB design gives it a soft landing mostly anywhere that's dressed....and it seems NASA will be using Dream Chaser in the come-shortlys'

The other thing is that the picture does seem to have a hint of a vertical stabiliser, although the caveat is that the picture also seems to indicate shuttle like wings, which are horizontal-ish which weighs into a space shuttle look alike.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think we need the work of a photo analyst to get an estimated size of object, possibly give us an idea if its worth looking into further.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I took a look at it playing around in Photoshop - it’s not an Eagle IMO once you start getting the color toned down at little. That shape is more a b-2 bomber with something on top.

I have no idea what it is but it appears man made and symmetrical. UAP indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Boeing, is said to be nearby, but would they fly anything here in broad daylight?. The area seems remote enough but flying it at that quite low altitude is asking for publicity. It may well be an oversize RC model of some type...... Seems like a nice open area to practice your flight skills in.

I dont recall the commentary saying there was any sound, as he hadnt noticed it while there, looking at the distance from the object you would assume there to be some sound if it was anything big enough to carry 'something on top'.

I only ever use my mobile these days so im limited in what i can do, investigation wise.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Blue Shift

I agree it is a bird BUT I think your little beak addition is inclined to produce a bit of bias in the observer.

However , if it looks like a bird and acts like a bird, chances are, it's a ... ... Duck.

and if it's not a duck . . . it's a Witch!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OwwMyHead

I think you got it.. snc dream chaser

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a bird to me at all, but it could be anything. Likely there's a natural explanation for it versus it being an alien craft

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It looks a lot like the Space Shuttle. Only problem is that the last official flight was on July 8, 2011. That is not to say it hasn't been in our airspace since then. I don't think it is a bird. Maybe the Dream Catcher, though the wings seem to flat. Looks a lot like one of those "top hat" UFOs that have been photographed.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Without doubt it is the x-37 orbital test vehicle, have a look.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I won't bother you with the methodology that can be read here but what can be said in short is that the whole scene is submitted to atmospheric absorption thus decreasing the apparent luminance of "black" objects according to its distance to the camera. The more distant the object is, the more it is submitted to atmospheric absorption and the more it will have a "pale" aspect.

Empirical interpolations or extrapolations can be done in many cases, for they allow definition of a range of possible distances of an object, by comparison with other elements of the scene that are located at known distances.

By chance, we have black or very dark objects in the scene (mountains, trees...) and the "UFO" itself can be considered as a "dark object" as well.

So we can roughly estimate its distance to the camera by comparing the minimum value of the grey pixels for an area which contains different objects known to be at different distances: "1" is the distant mountain, "2" the less distant trees on the mountains, "3" one of the closest tree and "4" the UFO".

Now, we have 108 for "1", 63 for "2", 11 for "3" and 35 for "4", thus in terms of distances 1>2>4>3.

In other words, we can say that this "UFO" is located between point "2" and point "3".

Next step would be then to know the distances between these points and the photographer and calculate possible sizes of the UFO according to these distances. As the original photo is available, we know that it was taken with an iPhone 7 with a 28.00 mm equivalent focal length. This data allows us to do some maths using our favorite analysis software

Anyone knows where this photo was taken and what are the distances to points "2" and "3"?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust
I won't bother you with the methodology that can be read here but what can be said in short is that the whole scene is submitted to atmospheric absorption thus decreasing the apparent luminance of "black" objects according to its distance to the camera. The more distant the object is, the more it is submitted to atmospheric absorption and the more it will have a "pale" aspect.

Empirical interpolations or extrapolations can be done in many cases, for they allow definition of a range of possible distances of an object, by comparison with other elements of the scene that are located at known distances.

By chance, we have black or very dark objects in the scene (mountains, trees...) and the "UFO" itself can be considered as a "dark object" as well.

So we can roughly estimate its distance to the camera by comparing the minimum value of the grey pixels for an area which contains different objects known to be at different distances: "1" is the distant mountain, "2" the less distant trees on the mountains, "3" one of the closest tree and "4" the UFO".

Now, we have 108 for "1", 63 for "2", 11 for "3" and 35 for "4", thus in terms of distances 1>2>4>3.

In other words, we can say that this "UFO" is located between point "2" and point "3".

Next step would be then to know the distances between these points and the photographer and calculate possible sizes of the UFO according to these distances. As the original photo is available, we know that it was taken with an iPhone 7 with a 28.00 mm equivalent focal length. This data allows us to do some maths using our favorite analysis software

Anyone knows where this photo was taken and what are the distances to points "2" and "3"?

if it's a bird and it's at the same distance as of the car, then it's an insane big bird, if it's really a bird, it must be much closer than the car.
open the image in a new window: i.imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Could this be it? Not trying to be a buzzkill but it looks like a fat shuttle, just what a balloon might resemble.

edit on 22-8-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Something flying at that altitude must be taking off or landing, is there anything nearby where it could do this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join