It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dayton shooter found to have mind-altering SSRI drugs in his system

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Metallicus

Welbutrin made me go a little psycho and want to hurt people, so this s# does happen

I had the same experience with it. Out of nowhere, I would get the urge to snap the neck of my pets or people. I didn't trust myself and had my pops come over to take my guns with him until I evened out after I quit taking it.

My doctor didn't seem to believe me when I told him what I was experiencing or he just didn't care then he tried to get me to try something else. I had the urge to snap his neck.I left before I did something I would live to regret and never went back.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

yeah those that thing violence is on the uptick dont seem to remeber how bad the 80s and 90s were

www.brennancenter.org...

commons.wikimedia.org...:NYC_murders.PNG tracking nyc murders which plummeted after the 90s

www.theatlantic.com... and the atlantics theory for why it dropped

n the early 1990s, U.S. crime rates had been on a steep upward climb since the Lyndon B. Johnson presidency. The crack-coc aine epidemic in the mid-1980s added fuel to the fire, and handgun-related homicides more than doubled between 1985 and 1990. That year, murders peaked in New York City with 2,245 killings. Politicians embraced tough-on-crime platforms and enacted harshly punitive policies. Experts warned the worst could be yet to come. Then crime rates went down. And then they kept going down. By decade’s end, the homicide rate plunged 42 percent nationwide. Violent crime decreased by one-third. What turned into a precipitous decline started later in some areas and took longer in others. But it happened everywhere: in each region of the country, in cities large and small, in rural and urban areas alike. In the Northeast, which reaped the largest benefits, the homicide rate was halved. Murders plummeted by 75 percent in New York City alone as the city entered the new millennium. The trend kept ticking downward from there, more slowly and with some fluctuations, to the present day. By virtually any metric, Americans now live in one of the least violent times in the nation’s history. But the forces that drove the Great American Crime Decline remain a mystery. Theories abound among sociologists, economists, and political scientists about the causes, with some hypotheses stronger than others. But there’s no real consensus among scholars about what caused one of the largest social shifts in modern American history. So, what happened?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Those drugs make people more susceptible to mind control and triggering

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yes he was dumb because he wasn't thinking of what kind of reaction different substances would have on him. It's like, what kind of mental state was he in?!??!!!! Too bad he wasn't super smart like you...

The influence these drugs can have is truely terrifying.

a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Try something for a month to see if it works, take another month to get off it. Then try something else that could either be salvation or a nightmare. Repeat as necessary. The entire process really brought the point home to me that psychiatry has only the slimmest tentative grasp of understanding about what goes on inside anybody's head.

It is much worse than that.

The entire field of psychiatry should be abolished.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The government knows that, they also know how much money those drug companies make, it's a whole heck of a lot more than the gun makers.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Oh right, we are all supposed to pretend that the mass adoption of first person shooter video games does not affect people going on shooting sprees.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: freedom7

Oh right, we are all supposed to pretend that the mass adoption of first person shooter video games does not affect people going on shooting sprees.

Prove that it does. Show the research. To help narrow it down, show specifically where each lunatic who went on a shooting spree was heavily into FPS video games. To make it more of a challenge, start with the Las Vegas shooter.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
12.7% of American population over age of 12 were prescribed anti-depressants in the last month, that's a lot of people. What percentage of those people go on to commit mass atrocities? Not enough to argue that they directly cause the acts I would say.

A person of stable mind doesn't commit an act like this, so it's not unlikely that some of these killers had sought help from their local Doctor, but unfortunately these days doctors give you a pill and send you on your way, with no interest in finding solutions underlying causes to a person's distress.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
12.7% of American population over age of 12 were prescribed anti-depressants in the last month, that's a lot of people. What percentage of those people go on to commit mass atrocities? Not enough to argue that they directly cause the acts I would say.

A person of stable mind doesn't commit an act like this, so it's not unlikely that some of these killers had sought help from their local Doctor, but unfortunately these days doctors give you a pill and send you on your way, with no interest in finding solutions underlying causes to a person's distress.

I think it's more of an issue of people missing doses or not following their actual prescription as intended that creates the crazies. I've known plenty of people on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics who have never had an issue and the drugs have certainly helped. On the other hand, I've also known quite a few who are worse off because what they were given most likely wasn't exactly what they needed.

That said, after working with the general public for over 20 years and knowing first hand what the telltale signs are of someone who is far too medicated, I believe there's a serious issue of Dr's giving improper dosages or not paying enough attention to what other drugs the patient is on. I can't even count how many times I had a guest in the restaurant flip out and their significant other has told me they missed their dose or they're just starting on a new medication that's not interacting well with their other meds. Initially, I was perturbed by that stuff, but after a couple years it just made me sad. People relying on their Dr's to level them out and they get worse off in the end.

I heard a great quote a couple weeks ago, "Mental illness isn't you choice, but it's your responsibility to take care of it." and that shouldn't stop at getting a magic pill from the doctor and thinking everything will be ok. That should only be a springboard to gain some clarity while you get to the root of the issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

CIA MK Ultra mind programming/hypnotism assassin program, controlled by handlers.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My own experience with SSRI's they made me do some weird stuff. I have schizophrenia but they didn't make me violent. I've tried a number of them over the years. Zoloft gave me the urge to organize everything in the house. I organized the pantry in alphabetical order 100's of can of beans soup and other stuff. Paxil made me feel overly happy. I didn't experience any other emotion except happy all the time. It was a strange feeling and I didn't like it.

I take antipsychotic medication and I'm grateful for modern medicine. The medication I take now greatly improved my quality of life. It has horrible side effects though. When I wake up in the morning I'm drugged out of my mind. My brain feel numb like it was injected with Novocaine. I've been on this medication for 20 years. If it weren't for this medication I'd be institutionalized. When I first got sick the doctors told my mom I probably wouldn't recover.
edit on 21-8-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Yeah, but you're told NOT to mix SSRIs with alcohol and other drugs. This guy's blood had a mixture of substances that shouldn't be mixed together.

I was on Paxil for over 15 years before finally weaning off it. It helped with my anxiety and panic attacks, but I hated feeling like a robot with no emotions....everything felt neutral for me. I was careful not to drink too much, because I didn't want to take a chance of a bad reaction. Evidently, Betts didn't seem to care, since he mixed three drugs together, which shows what a dumb SOB he was.

All I know is, the withdrawal symptoms were absolutely nuts. Took me 6 months to wean off Paxil. The last 4 weeks I had uncontrollable rage, terrible insomnia and self loathing. My doctor never told me about the side effects, or about the withdrawal symptoms. This is inexcusable.

That's crazy....i had a friend who enjoyed trying every drug under the sun.

He said the drugs with the worse withdrawls were the ones he was prescribed.

Xanax, he said he was going into seizures.

Any parent who brings up not wanting their children on prescription meds anymore are in for a big surprise when the drs tell them their child just cant stop.
They are either given alternative meds or put through a long weening off process.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What group would finance a study about that? Who is giving out big fat grants to study that? Oh, no one. That's the thing about research, it only exists if someone is willing to spend a lot of money to create it.

Americans spent 43 billion dollars on video games in 2018, money that they spent on advertisements and lobbying. How much did the gun industry earn total?

"Annual revenue of gun and ammunition manufacturing industry, with a $1.5 billion profit. $3.1 billion. "

re: the las vegas shooter, why isn't there any information about him or his motive or politics? why did they drop that story so hard?
edit on 21-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
re: the las vegas shooter, why isn't there any information about him or his motive or politics? why did they drop that story so hard?

I have no idea. It's hard to figure out why a guy with his relatively minor problems decided to go "all in," as it were, and why he happened to do it that way. Anyway, the guy actually was an avid video game player, but it was video poker. Not exactly what you'd expect to set a guy off to kill nearly 60 people. Unless it was the subliminal messages.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

something is fishy there when Dianne Feinstein declares that "no law would have stopped" him and then that was that. you would think they would bring up the most deadly shooting in the US (we don't get nearly the terrible totals they do in Europe) more often but the media and anti gun folks and politicians dropped it like a hot potato.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I have anxiety and panic attacks as well. I have a prescription for Xanax for it. They want me to take them daily, but I only take when needed. For instance, if I'm going to be in a situation that I know will trigger anxiety, I'll take one (Job interviews come to mind). I actually argued with my Dr about it. I refuse to take them regularly.

Why? because sure, they take away my panic attacks, and sure, they take away my anxiety. I no longer worry about whatever it was that triggered the attack.

But, the scary thing is, at least for me, they also make me not care about ANYTHING. I'll admit, that's kind of a nice feeling for someone like me who worries about everything and anything. I can totally see how someone would want to take them all the time. I don't because I believe we need bad feelings and good feelings and walking around numb is not that appealing to me.

This guy, if he had Xanax in his system along with coc aine, alcohol and SSRIs, then he was a walking, talking, ticking time bomb of not caring about anyone.

Wow, I just couldn't imagine the state of his medicated mind at that point.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

FFS

Same report shows he was also taking coc aine, Xanax, and alcohol. Things you don't take when you are on any anti-depressants.
This Link shows what you should not mix with any anti-depressant medications

Number 1 is coc aine, number two is alcohol. You should also not mix coc aine and alcohol.

So no, SSRIs can't be pointed at as the cause here. A complete muppet mixing drugs can be.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

What amazes me is people are defending their usage of these things and talking about the terrible withdrawal side effects.

I always thought drugs like that were designed for the truly crazy and not people feeling bad about their current state of affairs. I'm really not trying to harp on anyone because I realize I am fortunate that I never got on any of those meds, even when "experts" with opinions thought the stress in my life warranted something. I wasn't handling things perfectly...but only in facing the things about myself that were constantly putting me into poor situations has any change been affected.

I struggle with this in my son because he is taking something for his issues and deep down I feel that most of his problem is he doesn't actually want to work on things that are bothering him...he would rather blow up interactions that don't go favorably and act like no one else could possible understand what he is feeling.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
I struggle with this in my son because he is taking something for his issues and deep down I feel that most of his problem is he doesn't actually want to work on things that are bothering him...he would rather blow up interactions that don't go favorably and act like no one else could possible understand what he is feeling.

Well, you kind of just proved his point. "Oh, you're just not trying hard enough to be better." Yeah, that's not helpful.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join