It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dayton shooter found to have mind-altering SSRI drugs in his system

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
WOW! I didn't know so many people were taking that stuff. I feel fortunate never having to take those. What is strange, is that that stuff is ok with the federal government, but the use of cannabis is a big no no. Everyone I know that consumes cannabis is laid back and happy

Interesting. People I know who smoke cannabis are anything but laid back and happy, and I'm talking long-term heavy users. They come across as agitated and confused, and rarely seem to be content or mellow - in fact they can be quite aggressive and confrontational. It's also rather difficult sustaining a serious and/or intelligent conversation with these herb smoking enthusiasts. They are the opposite of the traditional laid back stoner stereotype.

I live in a rather bohemian (read deprived) area where cannabis is smoked freely and openly, but not legally. Maybe there's something about smoking cannabis that makes a difference. I used to bake with it and the results were fantastic - lots of laughing, silliness and fun. Smoking it though, I dunno, seems to a different ball game. I don't like smoking of any kind so couldn't comment personally.

Maybe the weed-tokers I'm citing use/abuse other drugs and booze, and that could explain why they have the demeanour of irascible pit bulls.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw this in as a counterpoint.
edit on 20-8-2019 by BenutzerUnbekannt because: to fix a few typos

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you. That was beautiful, and I wish I had a group like that. My friends and family have all spread out.

Your way sounds better.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you. That was beautiful, and I wish I had a group like that. My friends and family have all spread out.

Your way sounds better.

It's never to late to find more, and you can never have too many 😉.

Build it and they will come. Everyone deep down wants more meaningful connection, you just got to bring yourself to become available.

I'm rooting for ya.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OK.

Is there a reason that we enjoy splitting up the word "coc aine" into....... 2 different words on here? Does it add shock value? Is it supposed to trick us into not knowing what it is? Some sort of inside joke?

Asking for a friend.

Well holy $h!t, it looks like the website does it for you. That's pretty dumb.

Can we trick the site by spelling it backwards? Hmmmm....... "eniacoc"

Edit: Yes we can. but it just looks silly. The question is, what is goofier? coc-aine or eniacoc?

edit on 20-8-2019 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
OK.

Is there a reason that we enjoy splitting up the word "coc aine" into....... 2 different words on here? Does it add shock value? Is it supposed to trick us into not knowing what it is? Some sort of inside joke?

Asking for a friend.

We are not permitted to use certain words on this site due to advertisers or their customers being offended - drug names being one.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

LMAO well I have to admit, with everything I have going on, this just made my day.

I guess you learn something new every day.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think we are failing badly here, the current generation..so many reasons why, but ya! thats a big one!

As much as it pains me to say, maybe the hipsters will save us.

It's like their infatuation with all things retro might be the answer. Actively searching for local and artisan things, trying to bring back community areas even if it's a brewery where you can bring family and dogs and play games outside with music in the background.

Maybe it's all a pendulum and we're right before the swing. It's possible people will see that there has to be balance and harmony with the future in the past... Kind of like those cities sprawling up in Asia trying to incorporate as much vegetation into the city as possible.

(Just a rendition, but they aim to start planning cities like this)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Ocainecay

(Pig latin)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BenutzerUnbekannt

How many users comprise your "sample group"?

Could be pre-existing personality traits.

I am mostly not a "friendly" person, almost the utter antithesis of outgoing, sociable, gregarious. "That-herb-which-shall-not-be-named-because-DTOM-mod-spanked-me-yesterday-for-doing-so" does help me to mellow out, but my personality is my personality.

And as with anything, there is such thing as too much. It doesn't seem to be something one would want to rely on heavily for extended periods.
edit on 20/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Metallicus

Welbutrin made me go a little psycho and want to hurt people, so this s# does happen

I was on seroquel and I didn’t even know who I was! I did things I would never do otherwise! It was horrible and I stopped taking it because of how it made me feel.

These meds are terrible! When the side effect is suicidal thoughts that should be a NO GO!

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
a reply to: chelsdh

Did you try pure sativa and/or indica strains? Not mixed with tobacco?

NC

Ummm...
...kush hybrids on the other hand tend to make one nervous and anxious...

Or so I've heard...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Yeah fair point. I'm not knocking the glorious weed as such.

I'm only talking about 10-12 people I know reasonably well, and half of those are possibly on prescription meds also. Plus they drink booze frequently. Combined together over the long term it could make for an edgy personality, so not wholly attributable to herb smoking.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I eventually found something all natural that worked like a charm. But I can't say what it is.

Sure you can, you just choose not to.

My wag would be Lithium Orotate... ?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I eventually found something all natural that worked like a charm. But I can't say what it is.

Sure you can, you just choose not to.
My wag would be Lithium Orotate... ?

It ain't St. John's Wort.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: vonclod

I think we are failing badly here, the current generation..so many reasons why, but ya! thats a big one!

As much as it pains me to say, maybe the hipsters will save us.

It's like their infatuation with all things retro might be the answer. Actively searching for local and artisan things, trying to bring back community areas even if it's a brewery where you can bring family and dogs and play games outside with music in the background.

Maybe it's all a pendulum and we're right before the swing. It's possible people will see that there has to be balance and harmony with the future in the past... Kind of like those cities sprawling up in Asia trying to incorporate as much vegetation into the city as possible.

(Just a rendition, but they aim to start planning cities like this)

Oh, I like it!

I hope you're right.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've spent the last 10 years roughly on sertraline (generic names avoid problems!) Without any major ill effects. That said, my doctor, psychiatrist who prescribed it and social worker were all very careful in monitoring my behavior while I started and changed dosages. I still have, at a minimum, a yearly check in with the psychiatrist and social worker to make sure the medication is working and there's no new issues. Every time I'm at my primary care doctor, either the doc or nurse check in with me.

I was diagnosed with major depression, anxiety, suicidal tendencies and ideations, and some possible homicidal/psychotic ideations. The medication helped a lot to get the process started to help myself. Once I improved I was able to lower the dosage some but I'll be on it for life. I'd much rather take the few small side effects (some lack of sexual desire, minor weight gain, etc) compared to plotting ways to kill myself and hiding from the world.

Combining it with other drugs, alcohol, street drugs, legal drugs (hell don't take blood pressure meds with aspirin!), Or legal stuff like we have here in Maine, you have to be careful. Maybe it's just me but too many people don't pay attention and mix too much together.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenutzerUnbekannt
Interesting. People I know who smoke cannabis are anything but laid back and happy, and I'm talking long-term heavy users. They come across as agitated and confused, and rarely seem to be content or mellow - in fact they can be quite aggressive and confrontational. It's also rather difficult sustaining a serious and/or intelligent conversation with these herb smoking enthusiasts. They are the opposite of the traditional laid back stoner stereotype.

A lot of the stereotypes don't hold up in real life. I agree with you. There are a group of these folks who are very quick to get angry, particularly when they're not high or something is not going their way. Could be the strains they're using. Could be that they would be constantly ten times angrier without it.

There's been such lousy research on it. Like most of these psychoactive chemicals, nobody has really done really good studies on it to see what exactly produces what kind of effects, and why it works for some people and not others. Even with the medications prescribed by doctors, I went through almost a year of trial and error to find something that marginally worked (with side-effects). Try something for a month to see if it works, take another month to get off it. Then try something else that could either be salvation or a nightmare. Repeat as necessary. The entire process really brought the point home to me that psychiatry has only the slimmest tentative grasp of understanding about what goes on inside anybody's head.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Usual Hypnosis patsie with mental health issues, sick sick government and health care

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdd79

its makes a person more susceptible, ...... its all hypnosis. MK Ultra basically and its on the congressional archives sincde 2005 so they told ya about it. Regulate mental health care better i suppose.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yes, well that’s great news for you. My worst bouts are when I’m alone and my mind is left to wander.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join