It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population of SSA (sub Saharan Africa) is ten times less

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I honestly believe that the population of Black Africa (SSA) is *at least* ten times less than the "statistics" (World Bank) state.

The population of "Nigeria", for example, is claimed to be upwards of 170 million. Media outlets claim that the population of this "country" will be 400 million by 2050 CE (complete rubbish and utter codswallop).

It is my opinion that the population of that "country" is nearer to 17 million (not 170 million).

The populations of other "countries" in SSA are wildly overstated/overestimated.

There are NOT a billion people in SSA. There are actually under a hundred million in Black Africa.

(There are1.3 billion people in China however...)

Key

CE - Common Era (non-religious term, used interchangeably with A.D. Anno Domini)
SSA - Sub Saharan Africa ("Black Africa" - the region of 46 states within the greater continent of Africa where the overwhelming majority of the population are black, including Madagascar)

edit on 19-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: KEY

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

CE - Common Era (non-religious term

Also known as Christian Era along with BCE which is Before Christian Era.
edit on 2019/8/19 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Erm, got any facts to back that up? You spent much time in SSA? Seriously, I have spent time in a number of countries there and it seems to me that there are a few more than you might think. Regarding China, their population growth has slowed to a crawl. We are likely to see it start declining in the next 20 years. a reply to: AnakinWayneII

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I guess we'll just take your word for it then, since somehow you have better information than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Belief and opinion aside.

What you require is some actual facts and/or statistics to support your ""beliefs"".

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Erm, got any facts to back that up? You spent much time in SSA?

Him from Nabibia according to posted location and for sure it is virtually unpopulated, there's nobody there bar a few hotel and game reserve geezers who are all Caucasians Germans and Boer Dutchies. Maybe he has a point?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I fully believe that the population numbers are bulls***

how much more granular than that we could get I guess would be up to the evidence, what does the evidence suggest?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't much trust government anything anymore. They blew it in my trust department years ago. They probably are misreporting. I wonder what the real number is for the whole planet. Probably a lot less then reported

Our DNA tests came back with Sub Saharan. Somewhere between 7-14%. I have Caucasian features but olive skin. I never knew until about a year ago. My black friends were pretty happy about that

edit on 19-8-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

They are all leaving the SSA region. Around here there loads of them working our factories (excellent news as our locals think it's beneath them and are lazy as Sh*!) so the theory could be right, they are here and not there anymore

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

All the Nigerians I've met have masters degrees in computer science or biology or something, Africans are far different than what you would expect when meeting them

I've thought about moving often, telecomm job engineering their networks

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All you people askin' for facts and statistics to back up this poster's feelings. Y'all ain't wit' the times, people.

Don't you know that facts is racist and can hurt peoples feelings? Ol' Uncle Joe say we don't like facts, we like truth.

Get wif' it, people!
:
edit on 2019 8 19 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ok, you’ve made the claim that the population figures are off by a magnitude of tenfold. Now it’s onnyou to support this claim with some sort of substantive data. Simply claiming it doesn’t make it so.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Ok, you’ve made the claim that the population figures are off by a magnitude of tenfold. Now it’s onnyou to support this claim with some sort of substantive data. Simply claiming it doesn’t make it so.

Yeah but there's a key, an actual key!!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, much to my shock, you may have a point.
Star and flag

If you sum up the population of the 80 biggest cities in Nigeria, you get "only" 40.5 million

en.wikipedia.org...

So a total Nigeria population of more than 170 million does seem to be an exaggeration, and that is assuming the city population estimates above are reliable.

What is the real number ?
Who knows, but seems unlikely to be anywhere near 170 million. The Wikipedia article on Nigeria, under demographics, does say "exactly how populous is a subject of speculation" and points to a UN reference. Of course, the UN aid dollars are based on population numbers, as are the contribution the UN asks of member countries. Nothing to see here....

UN reference.
As reliable as The Onion...

edit on 19-8-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Two hundred million actually. But don't take my word for it...

Nigeria Population 2019.

A reason why Nigeria has it's own Hollywood scene, lots of people in Nigeria.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Erm, got any facts to back that up? You spent much time in SSA? Seriously, I have spent time in a number of countries there and it seems to me that there are a few more than you might think. Regarding China, their population growth has slowed to a crawl. We are likely to see it start declining in the next 20 years. a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Done on purpose to save your butts, should thank them anyways unless you want 3 bill+ Chinese storming the world. The oldest self govern civilization is currently still China. It has gone through floods, asteroids, wars, civil wars, earthquakes, and shark invasion(Shark fin soup,
).
edit on 19-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

And now it makes sense when Q said:

"US taxpayers are paying for it all.
Paris accord = scam (trillions)
Red Cross = scam (billions)
Foreign Aid = scam (trillions)
WAR = scam (trillions)"

If the global population cannot be 'checked', and inflating the number means they receive more money... DUH.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: M5xaz

And now it makes sense when Q said:

"US taxpayers are paying for it all.
Paris accord = scam (trillions)
Red Cross = scam (billions)
Foreign Aid = scam (trillions)
WAR = scam (trillions)"

If the global population cannot be 'checked', and inflating the number means they receive more money... DUH.

Yep.

It should have occurred to me before, as I do not trust ANYTHING UN (e.g. billions stolen by UN secretary general Kofi Annan's son from the Oil-for-food program, the utterly useless UN in the Rwanda massacre, the UN continuing to recognize the Khmer as the legitimate government of Cambodia for years after they were out of office and regardless of the millions of DEAD, etc)

Somehow, I did not think they could/would/stoop so low as to fawk basic things like population numbers.

Hat tip, OP !

ABOLISH THE UN
NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Two hundred million actually. But don't take my word for it...

Nigeria Population 2019.

A reason why Nigeria has it's own Hollywood scene, lots of people in Nigeria.

Again, BS numbers.
See my post above - the 80 largest Nigerian cities add up to only 40 million. Wikipedia also indicates that outside of large cities, the population density is low.

In a relatively small country, you can't both have high population and low density of population in rural areas, if the rural areas account supposedly for 160 million people NOT in cities.
Very basic math. Contradictory.
Recall those are UN numbers

Furthermore, your reference claims an increase in population of 3 million since Jan 1 of this year.
In a third world country.
Hot 24/7

Water supply for these new millions of people would come from..... ?

South Africa which is much more advanced can barely keep its' water system going.

100% bull# numbers.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Is that you???

I thought you were female all this time!

I guess the pic of your little girl made me think that?

Wait ? Is that even your child?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join